theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

37 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Okay how about "disappointment that was hyped to win weeks/league and ends up not even being a weekly start" 

Examples: Dez, tre'quan, Jamal Charles, Mostert, etc

LOL jamaal charles? what?

• Haha 1

Couldn't have happened to more a likeable guy

ADIOS DEZ!

• Haha 1

His outlook is bleak with a lot of pain.  Should be well-rested for the 2020 season at least.  Or for when he had to bit*h slap his Mom again....

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

So who do the Saints sign next?

Brandon Marshall?  Or no one?

21 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brandon Marshall?  Or no one?

Whatever happened to Jeremy Maclin? I know he wasn't good last year in Baltimore but he has been solid in the past and should have more gas in the tank than Marshall 

5 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Whatever happened to Jeremy Maclin? I know he wasn't good last year in Baltimore but he has been solid in the past and should have more gas in the tank than Marshall 

Maclin had a surgery recently and is definitely out for all of 2018.

• Thanks 1

How much was Dez signed for, and how much will he be paid even though he never played a game or down ?

1 hour ago, Topgun said:

How much was Dez signed for, and how much will he be paid even though he never played a game or down ?

$600,000

He’ll be paid all of it because his injury was work related. It happened in practice.

i know he is kicking himself for turning down that $11 million contract the Ravens offered him. Dumbest move ever. Hustling backwards.

11 hours ago, Guwop said:

Okay how about "disappointment that was hyped to win weeks/league and ends up not even being a weekly start" 

Examples: Dez, tre'quan, Jamal Charles, Mostert, etc

He was a "just in case" keep away flier for most owners...no league winning expectations for playoff-bound teams, low investment meant little disappointment.

1 hour ago, Heizz said:

Has official word came out yet?

Is he 100% out for the year?

They said they all heard the "pop" out on the field. He's done dude.

21 hours ago, smeeze said:

The team already said they don't expect him to play. It would be quite a fast turnaround to go from signed Tuesday to on the field Sunday.

Yea...I would expect no gamesmanship from Sean Payton as he goes on the road to play a semi-tough opponent.

The point is moot now however...

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

They said they all heard the "pop" out on the field. He's done dude.

Ruptured my achilles about 10 years ago on the basketball court...the guys around me said it sounded like a bubble gum pop.  It was damn loud in my head when it happened.

11 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

That wasn't necessarily Maclin's fault.

19 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

uh...ya think?

guy just suffered a career ending injury. hot taek captain obvious

Achilles rupture is not career ending...by any means.  He had the "good" rupture also...where it snapped in two.  It doesn't even hurt much...you go down because it obvious that the knee bone ain't connected to the ankle bone no more...and your lower leg goes pins and needles, like it's asleep...and feels bruised at worst.   You come back strong from that...back to 100% easily if you do the right work and have the right orthopedic surgeon.  

That bad achilles injury is when it rips off the heel bone...that's the one when you see a person laying on the ground grabbing their leg and shattering windows with their screams.  Just saw that happen on the softball field a month ago...it was bad to watch.  I personally had the first one and was back to 100% in 7 months.

Too bad...I grabbed him because I had the room hoping to catch a nice WR2 or Flex by the playoffs.  Oh well. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gravy said:

Valid point. Google 1938 Time magazine person of the year. Solidified your point.

Time Mag's 'Person of the Year' has never been meant to be an endorsement of the person or their views--it's a decision about who has been 'important' that year. You can't deny Hitler, or Stalin the year after, or Stalin in 42, or Truman in 45, or Nixon twice, or Khomeini in 79, or Trump in 16 weren't important to the happenings on the planet, regardless of their morality/public opinion. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

LOL jamaal charles? what?

That's what I said when he got signed and his thread started gaining traction and people thought he'd do something after several pages of debating his career ypc 

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

That's what I said when he got signed and his thread started gaining traction and people thought he'd do something after several pages of debating his career ypc 

Nothing like fighting a battle that doesn't need to be fought.