Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, South Carolina said:

You can give me pie charts all day. My eyes & his stats tell me he sucks.

 

Context is what I care about...

 

Since he is a proven stud who has proven him self over multiple seasons...lets look at his last 3 seasons and why they have stunk.

2017 - No Zeke and No #2 passing option with a regressed Dak.

2016 - Major injury and never fully healed

2015 - Major injury

2014 - 88/1320/16

 

Context does matter a bit if you want to evaluate. 

Here is a video of every incompletion from Dez in 2017...Its Dak, not Dez.

 

Oh and according to the new rules...DEZ CAUGHT IT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AtomShifter said:

 

Context is what I care about...

 

Since he is a proven stud who has proven him self over multiple seasons...lets look at his last 3 seasons and why they have stunk.

2017 - No Zeke and No #2 passing option with a regressed Dak.

2016 - Major injury and never fully healed

2015 - Major injury

2014 - 88/1320/16

 

Context does matter a bit if you want to evaluate. 

Here is a video of every incompletion from Dez in 2017...Its Dak, not Dez.

 

Oh and according to the new rules...DEZ CAUGHT IT!

I made it 8 minutes into that video, and I don't know about the rest of you guys, but to me it looks like Dez and Dak both suck. Dez aka Hands of Stone (great in boxing, not so much here) and Dak looking like prime Blaine Gabbert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

I made it 8 minutes into that video, and I don't know about the rest of you guys, but to me it looks like Dez and Dak both suck. Dez aka Hands of Stone (great in boxing, not so much here) and Dak looking like prime Blaine Gabbert.

 

 

I was a massive dak fan until he showed he couldnt win with his arm without zeke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AtomShifter said:

 

Context is what I care about...

 

Since he is a proven stud who has proven him self over multiple seasons...lets look at his last 3 seasons and why they have stunk.

2017 - No Zeke and No #2 passing option with a regressed Dak.

2016 - Major injury and never fully healed

2015 - Major injury

2014 - 88/1320/16

 

Context does matter a bit if you want to evaluate. 

Here is a video of every incompletion from Dez in 2017...Its Dak, not Dez.

 

Oh and according to the new rules...DEZ CAUGHT IT!

Dez was a stud back in 2014.  But that was so long ago, and it was with Romo at QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

 

I was a massive dak fan until he showed he couldnt win with his arm without zeke

 

Not with that trash WR corps he couldn't. No one there scares defenses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

Dez expected to get released today per Schefter

Gotta think so....unless he decides that no income tax and a wr1 job is worth the pay cut.   The other thing I think about-  Jerry takes care of his own.   A gesture of this type might earn Dez a role in the organization long after his playing days are done.  

 

I doubt Dez is mature enough to accept this ego bruise so it likely won’t matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While he isn't an incredible WR anymore I would take him in Seattle. That being said, some bum organization is probably going to overpay a slightly above average WR like he is elite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gohawks said:

While he isn't an incredible WR anymore I would take him in Seattle. That being said, some bum organization is probably going to overpay a slightly above average WR like he is elite.

Seattle its a team i've thought all along makes a ton of sense for Dez.  That or the Redskins.  Maybe Niners, we know they have cash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping on the Seattle front- if they can afford him that makes sense..   Money wise- I'm thinking whatever Brandon Marshall got last offseason is a fair target.    

 

And allow me to (I think) be the first to speculate on Patriots.    Cooks is gone, there's an opening............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Dez expected to get released today per Schefter

 

He would be a nice WR2/WR3 for the Giants :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, how quickly he's fallen.

Surprising that they wouldn't at least try to get something for him, but I guess the price is too much for others.

He's one of those guys that in recent years gets drafted on name alone.  His problem in Dallas is that while he is a prototypical #1, they never fed him the ball like he needed it.

He'll make a fine #2 for some WR needy team and thus might actually for once return good draft value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, AtomShifter said:

 

Context is what I care about...

 

Since he is a proven stud who has proven him self over multiple seasons...lets look at his last 3 seasons and why they have stunk.

2017 - No Zeke and No #2 passing option with a regressed Dak.

2016 - Major injury and never fully healed

2015 - Major injury

2014 - 88/1320/16

 

Context does matter a bit if you want to evaluate. 

Here is a video of every incompletion from Dez in 2017...Its Dak, not Dez.

 

Oh and according to the new rules...DEZ CAUGHT IT!

 

On 4/5/2018 at 1:13 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Dez was a stud back in 2014.  But that was so long ago, and it was with Romo at QB.  

 

I don't know how you make any strong confident argument that includes "Well we haven't seen it since 2014, BUT." 

 

Like don't get me wrong, I agree that there's some pretty big "buts" here, but when it comes to the NFL you can't be saying "Well he did it in 2014." The game moves way too fast and players change too much and are too tied to physical attributes to point to 2014 for solace. 

 

You either believe he showed enough talent wise in 2017 to warrant whatever round he may be at (plus the now new situation) or you don't. But I don't think you should be basing your assessment on 2014 and just throwing out the last three. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Indy, It's me Dez or is it too cold in buffalo? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Hello Indy, It's me Dez? :o

 

I think this makes the most sense actually. They have alot of cap room, and need a physical guy across from TY, as well as a red zone threat. Would def bump up Andrew Luck's stock a bit as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dez is no longer in his prime, but he will be better than last year with a more accurate QB. The question is; at what price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dez would make a nice Raven.  They probably have no cap room, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not looking too much into his tweets, but Dez is UPSET and has eluded that he wants to face the Cowboys "twice" and that it's "personal". Eagles? Redskins? or....

 

Nothing would hurt Jerry more than seeing Dez in a Giants jersey LMAO.

 

DarexSJW4AMUuD4.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Not looking too much into his tweets, but Dez is UPSET and has eluded that he wants to face the Cowboys "twice" and that it's "personal". Eagles? Redskins? or....

 

Nothing would hurt Jerry more than seeing Dez in a Giants jersey LMAO.

 

DarexSJW4AMUuD4.jpg

 

 

 

Please don't mention his name & the Eagles in the same sentence. I want no part of him!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

 

Please don't mention his name & the Eagles in the same sentence. I want no part of him!!! 

 

He belongs in Filthydumpia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.