Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theSPANKER

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Bumping on the Seattle front- if they can afford him that makes sense..   Money wise- I'm thinking whatever Brandon Marshall got last offseason is a fair target.    

And allow me to (I think) be the first to speculate on Patriots.    Cooks is gone, there's an opening............

In terms of fantasy it may also be one of the best landing spots because I think he won't be very good unless he gets double digit TDs. I don't see him dominating in terms of yards or receptions no matter where he goes and he is still a big WR that can pinpoint the ball. Seattle has absolutely no one with size at WR. Last season Graham was a full blown bum and got double digit TDs. 70/950/12 wouldn't surprise me in Seattle. 

See a lot of people online saying Washington. That makes no sense to me. They just signed Richardson and they still have Crowder and Doctson. Unless you think they're giving up on Doctson already, I don't think Dez will be in Washington next year. 

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

In terms of fantasy it may also be one of the best landing spots because I think he won't be very good unless he gets double digit TDs. I don't see him dominating in terms of yards or receptions no matter where he goes and he is still a big WR that can pinpoint the ball. Seattle has absolutely no one with size at WR. Last season Graham was a full blown bum and got double digit TDs. 70/950/12 wouldn't surprise me in Seattle. 

Fantasy wise he needs to go to a bad team that will play from behind, be forced to pass and doesnt have a featured WR1 or a needs a strong wr2 who will clean up with the easier coverage. IND-MIA-BUF-ARI-WAS-

I wonder if he waits until after the draft.   I know its not the most receiver heavy class, but there might just be enough teams that want that to play out before they take a serious look.    I'm sure every GM is heavily in draft mode already.  

33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Fantasy wise he needs to go to a bad team that will play from behind, be forced to pass and doesnt have a featured WR1 or a needs a strong wr2 who will clean up with the easier coverage. IND-MIA-BUF-ARI-WAS-

it sounds like you are talking about SEA 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dez would make a nice Raven.  They probably have no cap room, though.

No he wouldn't.  Baltimore kills WRs.  Going there would be the end of his career.  Even Cleveland does better with Wrs.   If Luck is ready, Indy makes the most sense.  Jets have cap space, but they are like Baltimore with Wrs.

12 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

No he wouldn't.  Baltimore kills WRs.  Going there would be the end of his career.  Even Cleveland does better with Wrs.   If Luck is ready, Indy makes the most sense.  Jets have cap space, but they are like Baltimore with Wrs.

No they're not. There is literally no history for that. Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse were productive last year. Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall were successful in the past. 

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Not looking too much into his tweets, but Dez is UPSET and has eluded that he wants to face the Cowboys "twice" and that it's "personal". Eagles? Redskins? or....

Nothing would hurt Jerry more than seeing Dez in a Giants jersey LMAO.

DarexSJW4AMUuD4.jpg

Allude--to refer to something indirectly.  Elude--to dodge or avoid.

Dez alluded to a move to join and NFC East rival after Dallas eluded paying Dez's salary in 2018 by releasing him.

20 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

I mean it would not be good for his stats but Dez is a tough, physical receiver who would fit right in to the Raven team mentality and culture.  Similarly to how their organization got some good use out of late career Steve Smith, Sr.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

That's exactly what they had last year. He no longer can lead an offense down the field that's the problem. He needs a good QB that can place the ball where he needs it and also one that can get into the red zone. The only option you provided with that met is IND.

Maybe Dez could do for the Giants what they thought BMarsh was going to do.  He's much more likely to do what BMarsh actually did for the Giants, though.

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That's exactly what they had last year. He no longer can lead an offense down the field that's the problem. He needs a good QB that can place the ball where he needs it and also one that can get into the red zone. The only option you provided with that met is IND.

See, I'm still puzzled about what went wrong in Dallas last season in terms of the team SHOULD have performed somewhat better than they did without zeke. They didnt have a total collapse finishig 9-7 however I thought Dak would have turned it up a notch and carry the team with some heroic QB play. Granted the rest of the conference did get better and that spectacular ambush in Denver wasnt' a fluke with DEN playing lights out defense but still I expected more from Dak.

O'dell would lose his mind if they signed Dez before giving him his money.

1 hour ago, StuPitt said:

The Browns and Jets both put a WR in the top 10 of most WR fantasy points in the last five years.

YFOAn7w.png

7 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

The Browns and Jets both put a WR in the top 10 of most WR fantasy points in the last five years.

YFOAn7w.png

To be fair, I don’t think Josh Gordon’s 2013 is a good comp.  The guy did it in 14 games with only 87 catches.  Dez isn’t at a point in his career where he could make the most of an opportunity like Gordon did.  That was freakish athleticism that Dez no longer possesses.  I could see something more like the Marshall season but not that many yards.

If Dez ends up on a team with a good quarteback, he is going to be in the mix to lead the NFL in receiving TDs.

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Dez ends up on a team with a good quarteback, he is going to be in the mix to lead the NFL in receiving TDs.

Nope. He's a TE. 

His best shot at relevance is with IND. But he'll have to humble himself to go there.

7 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

To be fair, I don’t think Josh Gordon’s 2013 is a good comp.  The guy did it in 14 games with only 87 catches.  Dez isn’t at a point in his career where he could make the most of an opportunity like Gordon did.  That was freakish athleticism that Dez no longer possesses.  I could see something more like the Marshall season but not that many yards.

It's not a comp based on what I think Dez Bryant will do, it's based on the user I quoted saying "the Browns and Jets" are bad destinations for FA WRs when in fact the Jets put a guy in the top 10 of WR seasons out of the past five years.

I actually agree with him that Indy would be a good landing spot for Dez if Luck is healthy.

I doubt Dez matches any of the seasons I posted (ie Scores over  224 in standard).

6 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

It's not a comp based on what I think Dez Bryant will do, it's based on the user I quoted saying "the Browns and Jets" are bad destinations for FA WRs when in fact the Jets put a guy in the top 10 of WR seasons out of the past five years.

I actually agree with him that Indy would be a good landing spot for Dez if Luck is healthy.

I doubt Dez matches any of the seasons I posted (ie Scores over  224 in standard).

Yeah I think I more meant that I attribute that more to Gordon than the Browns.

Is Chicago or Green Bay a possible destination? I think the Packers might target Trey Quinn (mid 3rd-4th RD). He may be an upgrade over Randall Cobb, who the team could then let go & perhaps add Dez.   

7 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Is Chicago or Green Bay a possible destination? I think the Packers might target Trey Quinn (mid 3rd-4th RD). He may be an upgrade over Randall Cobb, who the team could then let go & perhaps add Dez.   

Seems  dumb with Adams there and would suck for fantasy purposes.

13 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

As a Bears fan, with the investment already made at the WR position I think it would be unwise to bring in Dez's personality with a new sophomore QB. 

I think it applies to most situations with newer QBs. I think Kyle and Jimmy would be fine in SF though.