tywalson

Kyle Seager or Gerrit Cole in Dynasty?

Make that deal Seager is an elite 3B who always puts up solid stats each year. 

Please ignore Rush. He's our best representation of the village idiot. I say that because he will blindly support the hitting aspect over pitchers in any scenerio. 

That said, it depends on a few things. What format do you play? How many teams? What hitter will Seager be replacing in your lineup? What other arms do you have? 

Gerrit Cole just got traded to the team that's likely to lead the league in wins. He's coming off a career worst year in terms of ERA, but the K/9 was still healthy. He could very well put up a 3.50 ERA with a k per inning and 16 wins. That's tough. 

Seager is very pedestrian at third. He's not elite. He's far from elite, really. If you take the best year for each of these stats, Kyle Seager would have put up a career best of 89 runs, 30 HR, 99 RBI, and a .278 BA. Those are his best of each stat from various years. That's solid, but that's not elite. Never had 100 RBI's. Never hit over 30 HR. Never batted over .280. Never scored 90 runs. And he's 30. I can't say I buy that there's room for growth, he's pretty well shown what he is. 

Given how pedestrian Seager is, I do not move Cole for him. Seager is a good bet to give you a .270 BA with 28 hr and 90 RBI, but that's more a ceiling than a floor. 

Baseball reference has him projected at a .260 BA with 25 HR 78 RBI and 72 runs. 

I do not make the deal. 

I don't particularly like Cole, but I think I'd take him over Seager. With the increase in home runs, Seager's skill set is not hard to find anymore.

I would say this is about even. Depends on what you need more: a bat or an arm. For me personally, I find it’s easier to obtain bats. So, I would lean towards taking G Cole.

2 hours ago, schulni said:

I don't particularly like Cole, but I think I'd take him over Seager. With the increase in home runs, Seager's skill set is not hard to find anymore.

this is my sentiment OP

i think kyle seager can bounce back too....but Cole has the potential to be a very solid SP2

so i think id roll the dice with Cole

also, ignore RUSH

As others have stated - f--- rush, the guy is a damn moron with no life.

As for the topic -- Cole above Seager. Why? Seager is nice, but he's pretty average overall. Cole has shown capabilty to be an ace and I think the move to HOU will allow him to become an ace. He's still young as well.

On 1/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, tywalson said:

Who do you take in 5x5 H2H? I like Seager to bounce back and need another bat.. 

3B is pretty deep this year, you kind of know what ur getting with Seager I think the ceiling is pretty established and its a known floor because he is pretty consistent, but Cole turn into an ace and a P1 type, where Seager will not be an elite 3B.  I go Cole. 

I would lean Cole, I think hitting is always easier to come by and 3b is crazy deep this year. I think Cole will be motivated to have a monster year after being dealt to Houston.

23 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

As others have stated - f--- rush, the guy is a damn moron with no life.

As for the topic -- Cole above Seager. Why? Seager is nice, but he's pretty average overall. Cole has shown capabilty to be an ace and I think the move to HOU will allow him to become an ace. He's still young as well.

don't be so hard on Rush he just passed the milestone of 89,000 posts... congrats Rush!  how many years is that?

depending on who you have or need; it could go either or. These two are close in terms of value.