Fantasy Dork

Jordon "Jo" Adell - OF LAA

6 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

How much, if any, does Joc Pederson’s arrival have on Jo?

6 hours ago, daynlokki said:

I'd assume he won't be up until at least the super 2 deadline now, maybe not even this year.

This, which having him in a dynasty league is a drag

I see Joc as more of a contingency plan in case they genuinely feel like Adell needs to marinate in AAA a little longer - given Adell’s truncated 2019 - but in no way a barrier.  Everyday job will still be there for Adell to claim on opening day or Super 2 at latest with a strong spring.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Weekday Warrior said:

I see Joc as more of a contingency plan in case they genuinely feel like Adell needs to marinate in AAA a little longer - given Adell’s truncated 2019 - but in no way a barrier.  Everyday job will still be there for Adell to claim on opening day or Super 2 at latest with a strong spring.

I think you need to take off your rosey tinted glasses

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Weekday Warrior said:

Angels don’t just trade for Joc and his 30+ hrs to have him sit on the bench IMO. He’s gonna start against every righty at the very least. 

There are many, many paths to keeping Joc’s bat in the lineup that don’t involve keeping Adell in AAA when he has nothing left to prove there

right now the Angels have Trout, Jup, Peterson in the OF and Ohtani at DH and Pujols at 1B. I can see many ways for Adell to get his better defense in the lineup. Maybe from day 1 maybe after his year control date.

11 hours ago, Weekday Warrior said:

There are many, many paths to keeping Joc’s bat in the lineup that don’t involve keeping Adell in AAA when he has nothing left to prove there

Hum 121 AB's 0 Hr's .355 SLg% in the PCL with 43 K's and 10 BB's. 

16 minutes ago, BIG SKI said:

Hum 121 AB's 0 Hr's .355 SLg% in the PCL with 43 K's and 10 BB's. 

Right, that is why I said Joc is a contingency plan in case Adell needs more seasoning... as contrasted with others’ point of view that Joc represents a season long barrier no matter how great Adell plays in ST and AAA

(P.S. Adell had a PCL game where he went 2-2 with 2 HRs wiped off the stat books due to rain out that would have boosted those #s quite a bit given the small sample size)

1 hour ago, Weekday Warrior said:

Right, that is why I said Joc is a contingency plan in case Adell needs more seasoning... as contrasted with others’ point of view that Joc represents a season long barrier no matter how great Adell plays in ST and AAA

(P.S. Adell had a PCL game where he went 2-2 with 2 HRs wiped off the stat books due to rain out that would have boosted those #s quite a bit given the small sample size)

Yet you posted nothing left to prove?? And those 2HR's came off a AAA middle reliever when they knew the game would get rained out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG SKI said:

Yet you posted nothing left to prove?? And those 2HR's came off a AAA middle reliever when they knew the game would get rained out

I didn’t say he has nothing left to prove as we sit here now ... again, I was addressing earlier comments expressing a view that Joc presents a season ling barrier regardless of what Adell accomplishes in 2020, to which my counter point is if Adell forces his way into the lineup (a possibility that could occur early with a strong spring) they have plenty of other options for getting Joc’s bat in the lineup against righties... please try to pay attention

On 2/7/2020 at 7:24 PM, BIG SKI said:

He said WHEN he has nothing left to prove in AAA. To simplify, he's saying that WHEN Adell has nothing left to prove, Joc will not be an impediment to his call-up to LAA. It's almost like you're purposefully being obtuse. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1

sounds like the Angels called it off. Wonder if we will get clarification or just conjecture.....

10 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

sounds like the Angels called it off. Wonder if we will get clarification or just conjecture.....

I don’t care as long as we get Adell in the Majors sooner because of it. :D 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I don’t care as long as we get Adell in the Majors sooner because of it. :D 

Amen!   I kept him in my 8 keeper league for a reason! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeterhasdowns said:

How much higher, if at all, do you guys have Luis Roberts for this season?

For this season, a lot...Roberts will play(big plus) and he also tore up 3 levels of the minors last season combine .328 average 32 HR 92 RBI 36 steals...Adell struggled a little bit in AAA and is behind Roberts in development...I have them both in Dynasty(mostly because of this forum) so hopefully the both catch fire!

• Like 1

When evaluating Adell, is there a MLB comp that you're expecting if everything goes right?  Seems like he has great power and decent speed but also K's quite a bit.  If everything goes right would he become more like a poor man's Bellinger?

On 3/28/2020 at 1:13 PM, cizastro said:

When evaluating Adell, is there a MLB comp that you're expecting if everything goes right?  Seems like he has great power and decent speed but also K's quite a bit.  If everything goes right would he become more like a poor man's Bellinger?

Justin Upton comes to mind as a comp.

• Like 1

Right handed hitting J Hay kid at worst

I predict a Moncada rookie year, glimpses of talent but way too many k's to make him fantasy relevant this year.

Not on the Major League roster...wasn't impressive in ST...Madden said he has some things to work on. But there's no minor league season. Where does that leave Adell this year, and what are the chances that he enters the 2021 season with his rookie status intact? 

Never good with alot of strikeouts and so called bad defense. If he even gets an AB i would be surprised