dashoe

Christian McCaffrey 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, datsyuk said:

Is CJ Anderson worth picking up late as a handcuff for CMC? Or would the backfield be worthless if CMC were to go down for the season?

I think CJA will have value by himself, with a healthy CMC; that value will go up if CMC goes down, but he won't take over of course as he is a very different player.

CJ is an RB2 at the price of a benchwarmer. It doesn't get much better than that.

52 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I think CJA will have value by himself, with a healthy CMC; that value will go up if CMC goes down, but he won't take over of course as he is a very different player.

CJ is an RB2 at the price of a benchwarmer. It doesn't get much better than that.

I'll second this, they could have gotten someone cheaper if all they wanted was a back up.  People are being delusional in this thread.  CJ Anderson is better than people are giving him credit for imo.

·

Final count of first-team RB snaps with Cam Newton through three preseason games... Christian McCaffrey: 59-of-66 (89%) CJ Anderson: 7-of-66 (11%) McCaffrey played every inside-10 (red-zone) snap, too. Officially a workhorse.
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Broncos fan here. There is a reason we felt Booker was ok at RB over ponying up for CJ Anderson. Let that sink in for a bit. Booker...

Whats the reason?

46 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

·

Final count of first-team RB snaps with Cam Newton through three preseason games... Christian McCaffrey: 59-of-66 (89%) CJ Anderson: 7-of-66 (11%) McCaffrey played every inside-10 (red-zone) snap, too. Officially a workhorse.

pre-season? Are we talking about pre-season?  Preseaon! We are in this thread talking about pre-season! :lol:

If cmc were to go, I have to doubt CJA would be a fine rb2 getting 20 touches. No one else on the roster scared me as competition in that scenario. In fact, I see it as a plus for CMC. Get a solid handcuff cheap. 

Not sure why there aren’t more believers in here. Last year in standard, he scored 151 points on only 197 touches. This as a rookie. 151 fantasy points with an average of just 7 carries per game. Now in his second year he has an offensive coordinator that’s already said he wants a ton of touches out of him. In is CJA, but out is Stewart, who was a solid GL back in his own right, and who also had  over 200 carries. 

He may not have as many receptions this year, but If you guys don’t think he’ll have at LEAST 250 touches this season, with around 10-12 carries per game, with or without CJA, you guys are crazy. And 250 I would say is an absolute minimum. On a per touch basis, that would put him around  192 fantasy points. Personally, I’m projecting 275 touches and around 211 standard fantasy points. 

I’m buying. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Not sure why there aren’t more believers in here. Last year in standard, he scored 151 points on only 197 touches. This as a rookie. 151 fantasy points with an average of just 7 carries per game. Now in his second year he has an offensive coordinator that’s already said he wants a ton of touches out of him. In is CJA, but out is Stewart, who was a solid GL back in his own right, and who also had  over 200 carries. 

He may not have as many receptions this year, but If you guys don’t think he’ll have at LEAST 250 touches this season, with around 10-12 carries per game, with or without CJA, you guys are crazy. And 250 I would say is an absolute minimum. On a per touch basis, that would put him around  192 fantasy points. Personally, I’m projecting 275 touches and around 211 standard fantasy points. 

I’m buying. 

Look at him. No, I don't at all think 250 is his floor, more likely the range of the actual amount of touches he'll get. His ADP is ok.

I'll be curious to see what role CJ plays in the offensive. Everything points to CMC being the lead horse. But I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 65/35 time split between CMC and CJ when it comes to rushing attempts.

With that being said, I think there's a good chance that we see at least 800 yards from CMC on the ground. And likely 800 yards through the air.

Snagged him 14th overall and paired him with Fournette (originally was aiming for Gordon and Fournette but oh well). I am officially on this train all aboard and look forward to experiences the highs and lows with you all this season! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

drafted him 10th in a ppr league.  is that too high?

I’ll let you know in like 4 months

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In YPros auctions you can still get him for ~$35 which is usually the 20-25th priced player in the draft. For reference, thats the same price range that Tyreek, Gronk, AJG, and Devonta Freeman have been going.

I imagine that price will shoot up to into the low $40's in the next week or so.

Edit - YPros are Yahoo pay leagues.

10 team, .5 ppr, start qb/2rb/2wr/flex/te

Edited by cs3

13 hours ago, jujuonthebeat said:

Look at him. No, I don't at all think 250 is his floor, more likely the range of the actual amount of touches he'll get. His ADP is ok.

Meaning what exactly?

11 hours ago, CORTEz said:

I'll be curious to see what role CJ plays in the offensive. Everything points to CMC being the lead horse. But I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 65/35 time split between CMC and CJ when it comes to rushing attempts.

With that being said, I think there's a good chance that we see at least 800 yards from CMC on the ground. And likely 800 yards through the air.

I'm not being fooled by this preseason workload. Based on Ron Rivera's history, I have no doubt CJ will be heavily factored in once the real games start.

• Haha 1

Went #11th overall in my .5 PPR draft this weekend. Draft stock is flying since that preseason game.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Meaning what exactly?

I'm guessing he thinks McCaffrey is built on the slighter side, but he's actually not and could handle 300 carries if they decided to give him that much

26 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm guessing he thinks McCaffrey is built on the slighter side, but he's actually not and could handle 300 carries if they decided to give him that much

He is on the slighter side but I don't think it's enough to be an issue, and his legs look good. I'll believe he can handle 300 carries when I see it, but I think 300 touches is a definite possibility. I think there are only 6 players that hit that number last year, though. He'll probably fall somewhere in the 240-320 range, affected by a number of factors.

I feel like he’s getting a little too much hype if you know what I mean.  He was a good pick at the end of 2nd beginning of 3rd.  Now I just seen a ranking that had him above Saquon.  This hype train is full throttle!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJ10162 said:

He is on the slighter side but I don't think it's enough to be an issue, and his legs look good. I'll believe he can handle 300 carries when I see it, but I think 300 touches is a definite possibility. I think there are only 6 players that hit that number last year, though. He'll probably fall somewhere in the 240-320 range, affected by a number of factors.

Sure but the main point is that he manages to be an RB1 last year despite not eclipsing 200 Touches. If he gets another 43-103 touches we can presume a bit more upside along side an established floor— and the potential for upside was already tied into the idea he could stand to be more efficient. 

• Like 2

My main concern with him would be getting injured due to his smaller build. But CJ Anderson is a three-down back so just make sure you grab him if you pay up for McCaffrey. I always try and protect my first round picks.

As for his size, I worry less about injury than about losing GL carries after he fails there.  Outside of PPR, if he's not getting TDs, he's not worth the high pick.