dashoe

David Johnson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

37 minutes ago, Mackdaddy21 said:

Lol the last time I saw someone make a prediction on Rotoworld failed miserably. Jordan Reed was supposed to go 8/130/2 on MNF. We all saw what happened.

You misread the word hope and prayer.

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2018 at 12:45 AM, street sharks said:

carry-chart_JOH174477_2018-reg-5_1538960

DJ's season thus far accurately rendered in abstract art

DJ-chart.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

He will be motivated after watching Saquon run Wild last night 

1 minute ago, HTXMade said:

He will be motivated after watching Saquon run Wild last night 

In a full point PPR league his numbers have not been that bad. In fact the past few weeks. Pretty, pretty good.

Just now, Dylanfan66 said:

In a full point PPR league his numbers have not been that bad. In fact the past few weeks. Pretty, pretty good.

I just hate hoping for TDs which has saved him the past few weeks. I would be alittle less concerned if his yardage totals were alittle higher. Those graphs of where all his runs are going is really unbelievable. This guy is one of the most exciting players in the league and the coaches continue to run him up the gut all the time. I’m really hoping for one of those big games we’re we goes over 100 yards, catches 5-7 balls and hits pay dirt 1-2 times.

Crazy to think coaches who get paid can’t figure out that he’s more effective on his outside runs yet they run him between tackles.

4 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

DJ-chart.jpg

It’s amazing!

Seriously, all Mike McCoy gotta do is rewatch the dominant year in 2016 how DJ was the best RB. Just replicate 1/2 of those plays and we be happy.  Zona won last game too so doesn’t look like he’s under hot seat. 

Yeah at this point I am trying to trade him for a top 5-10 back cause as long as mccoy is there he's not scoring more than 20 even in ppr. and thats if he gets a td or 2

3 minutes ago, spidybl said:

Yeah at this point I am trying to trade him for a top 5-10 back cause as long as mccoy is there he's not scoring more than 20 even in ppr. and thats if he gets a td or 2

Same, i couldn’t even get joe mixon for DJ. Granted joe mixon has so much potential this yr but just as a measure a player like him went around the 2-3 round. 

Im hoping dj has another 19 point performance so i Can at least try to offer him. This offense doesn’t look promising 

12 minutes ago, spidybl said:

5 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Same, i couldn’t even get joe mixon for DJ. Granted joe mixon has so much potential this yr but just as a measure a player like him went around the 2-3 round. 

Im hoping dj has another 19 point performance so i Can at least try to offer him. This offense doesn’t look promising 

well, DJ is the current RB11 overall in PPR, so...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

well, DJ is the current RB11 overall in PPR, so...

I own DJ and want the best for him, but it is obvious he is pretty TD dependent and when those don't happen which is likely since the team is so terrible, his value is that of a rb 3. His ypc is terrible, his total yards are terrible, he isn't catching many passes. All of which is not his fault, they aren't using him correctly. 

4 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

DJ-chart.jpg

Did Banksy draw this?

1 hour ago, Digitalpower35 said:

Seriously, all Mike McCoy gotta do is rewatch the dominant year in 2016 how DJ was the best RB. Just replicate 1/2 of those plays and we be happy.  Zona won last game too so doesn’t look like he’s under hot seat. 

This is McCoy...his style has always been scheme first players second and he blames players for not “executing” his scheme rather than realizing they’re not executing because they’re not being used to their strengths.  The idea of adjusting the scheme to mask their weaknesses and highlight their strengths is not how McCoy operates.  

On top of that, his scheme is antiquated and overly predictable to defenses  making it even harder for the guys to execute when the D knows 9/10 times you’re running it up the middle on second down after your first down incomplete pass.

Maybe stop trying to run it down the middle when your o-line is incapable of getting any push, but no, just blame it on them not executing and hope they magically become good power run blockers over night.

The cardinals are tanking so I bet we get a whole year with this idiot before they clean house.  Poor DJ is one of the best guys to root for and it’s terriblr seeing his talent wasted by an antiquated and stubborn relic like McCoy.

• Like 2

Just moved him in a package with Drake for Hunt and Watkins. It's a risk but didn't want to deal with the weekly frustration anymore. 

Good luck to those that still have him. He's got a couple favorable match-ups after this week so his stock could rise. I want to believe McCoy will come to his senses eventually.

12 hours ago, Inziladun said:

If it makes you feel any better I have DJ and OBJ tanking my keeper league right now. Can't even move them because I've got too much invested and I gotta think long term.

Here's to hoping for betters days for DJ.

So by tanking, you mean you're starting DJ and OBJ?

Just saw that Chase Edmunds is questionable tomorrow! Now retarded Steve Kerr may use his top weapon properly. I mean, that is unless he has some TE runs dialed up for Niklas.

1 hour ago, JCCANS said:

Just saw that Chase Edmunds is questionable tomorrow! Now retarded Steve Kerr may use his top weapon properly. I mean, that is unless he has some TE runs dialed up for Niklas.

Edwards is a dual pro athlete? Must be the next Bo Jackson, no wonder they throw him in over DJ. If Edwards doesn’t win a super bowl, he’s guaranteed at least another NBA championship with the Warriors :) Steve Kerr coaches Golden State

1 minute ago, csv2209 said:

Edwards is a dual pro athlete? Must be the next Bo Jackson, no wonder they throw him in over DJ. If Edwards doesn’t win a super bowl, he’s guaranteed at least another NBA championship with the Warriors :) Steve Kerr coaches Golden State

??? Mike McCoy looks like Steve Kerr and is a moron. That is all.

Just now, JCCANS said:

??? Mike McCoy looks like Steve Kerr and is a moron. That is all.

Gotcha gotcha :) 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:47 AM, thefranchise3 said:

Just moved him in a package with Drake for Hunt and Watkins. It's a risk but didn't want to deal with the weekly frustration anymore. 

Good luck to those that still have him. He's got a couple favorable match-ups after this week so his stock could rise. I want to believe McCoy will come to his senses eventually.

You think DJ is frustrating and you traded for Watkins? 

Good luck 

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

You think DJ is frustrating and you traded for Watkins? 

Good luck 

I would assume it was more about getting hunt, a good RB getting tons of carries on a good offense that moves the ball... I would take that straight up.  Drake for Watkins is also a no brainier imo.

Didn't watch much of the game but guessing it was more of the same garbage. 3.1 YPC on HB Dives up the middle, mostly non existent in passing game, and late TD in garbage time to raise his point total from 6 to 12 and make it "salvageable." I did see them feed him the ball on another goal line sequence where he just ran into bricks walls and topped it off with a 4th and goal from the 1 where he predictably got tacked by half the team in the backfield the moment he got the ball.

Get the Broncos next week; maybe he will fall into end zone a couple times for his 18 point ceiling game.