FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

15 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Smart move by Chargers to sit him. I own Ekeler anyway and would rather have a fully healthy Gordon from weeks 9-17.

Has it been confirmed he's out tomorrow?

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Has it been confirmed he's out tomorrow?

Not at all. People are totally overreacting to limited info.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Not at all. People are totally overreacting to limited info.

No they aren't. Any time a player is downgraded on Friday or, especially, Saturday it is a very strong indication that the player won't suit up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

No they aren't. Any time a player is downgraded on Friday or, especially, Saturday it is a very strong indication that the player won't suit up.

I mean, it sucks losing your best player for a game, and for some teams, perhaps, winning this week is critical.  

But my guess is that if a team drafted Gordon, they are doing pretty decently for themselves.  I think most folks here can weather a one-game absence - especially if you handcuffed with Ekeler.  

I see no reason to fear for a multi-week problem.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devaster said:

They are overreacting in the sense that:

- the status is questionable (without an on-the-field injury)

- yet people report "good that they sit him"

The status is not out. Clearly you have to check your alternatives, and if you can't be around at game time you may have to take difficult decisions (I have to for instance as I'm flying at that time). 

This is what they actually said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25035118/melvin-gordon-chargers-questionable-sunday-london-game-vs-titans

"I think it was just sore," head coach Anthony Lynn said after practice. "We had a long plane ride. He probably didn't drink enough water.

"We were just being extra cautious with him, and we just held him out today (Friday). It would have been the third practice that he has been on field turf. With his knees and ankles, I don't think that's good for him at all, so we just held him out."

2 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Hes playing. They're just being cautious. Hes about to win you yet another week 

Yup. Before he goes on IR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Broncos132 said:

Hes playing. They're just being cautious. Hes about to win you yet another week 

Highly unlikely, injured hammy Friday in practice. Added 3rd running back Saturday. All signs point to Chargers trying to get him healthy for week 9.

Just now, mjb said:

Highly unlikely, injured hammy Friday in practice. Added 3rd running back Saturday. All signs point to Chargers trying to get him healthy for week 9.

I can see it. Just trying to be optimistic. Just hoping they're playing this safe, and it doesn't end up like Cook/Fournette. Not tryna be on that depressing ride.

4 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Hey, I'm just tryna bring some optimism in here ?

Optimism is fine, but don't confuse your wishes with fact.  

"He's playing.  They're just being cautious" is complete speculation on your part and is undermined by several other facts:  (1) recent injury; (2) late designation; (3) weaker opponent; (4) bye-week next week for extra rest; and (5) signing of additional RB for depth.  Of course, it's still possible that Gordon might play, but you're overreaching.  

Edited by Rainyy

13 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Hey, I'm just tryna bring some optimism in here ?

Hey he is being optimistic.

- Ekeler owner

As a Keenan Allen owner, it may help give uplift to him if Gordon is out and I am also playing this week against a Gordon owner. This could be double good for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steevio_uk said:

As a Keenan Allen owner, it may help give uplift to him if Gordon is out and I am also playing this week against a Gordon owner. This could be double good for me.

I'm in the same situation. Would probably just be best they sit him this week for resting purposes, don't you think????

Rest up buddy, see ya in 2 weeks. Ingram will provide a nice rb 2 in your absence. 

sam fortier on Twitter:

Chargers RB Melvin Gordon (hamstring) is on the field in a sweatshirt and shorts going through his pregame routine. Just jogged 30 yards and pulled up. He looks upset.

Edited by Zekepeak86

35 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Rest up buddy, see ya in 2 weeks. Ingram will provide a nice rb 2 in your absence. 

sam fortier on Twitter:

Chargers RB Melvin Gordon (hamstring) is on the field in a sweatshirt and shorts going through his pregame routine. Just jogged 30 yards and pulled up. He looks upset.

@Sam4TR
FollowFollow @Sam4TR
More

Sam Fortier Retweeted Sam Fortier

RB Detrez Newsome, whom the Chargers signed off their practice squad last night, is on the field in warmups running routes out of the backfield for QB Cardale Jones. Melvin Gordon is not on the field.

Sam Fortier added,

Sam Fortier

From Schefter:

Fantasy alert: Chargers’ RB Melvin Gordon is inactive for the 9:30 am ET kickoff in London against the Tennessee Titans.

Gordon was downgraded Saturday to questionable due to a hamstring injury. More on ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown at 10 am ET.