FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:55 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Sooooo where's the ypc inefficiency haters now?

Dude can legit keep up with Gurley this year. Well, almost. You'll need him to compete against him. 

The YPC inefficiency haters left the building.

The can't stay healthy haters have courtside seats.

I drafted him but I did not want to. At the end of the day though looking at the draft - Cook, Fournette, Howard, Freeman - I will take the 6 games of killing it. Wish I had Ekeler right about now.

1 hour ago, fakespike said:

Has MG3 been afflicted with Dalvinitis, aka Fournette's Syndrome?

I get guys get banged up, but didn’t melvin play all last year? It’s a hammy, he is being rested, he a bye next week. I say we are fine. Precautionary measures taken. I like it

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fakespike said:

Has MG3 been afflicted with Dalvinitis, aka Fournette's Syndrome?

So he'll try and come back week 9, reinjure the hammy, and then be out until week 13?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

So he'll try and come back week 9, reinjure the hammy, and then be out until week 13?

This could easily happen if he’s not 100% and comes back too soon

Edited by Conscious Pilot

This was a kick in the nuts this morning.  Good thing I have a one year old child that wakes me up at 6am on a daily basis, if I am not already up at that time for work.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carlos Correa said:

That was all an act for the media...this guy would be doing yoga in his off time if he cared at all. He doesn't care and neither does Cook and Fournette. These guys are just doing the Bell to preserve their body.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

That was all an act for the media...this guy would be doing yoga in his off time if he cared at all. He doesn't care and neither does Cook and Fournette. These guys are just doing the Bell to preserve their body.

Yeah and you only care about your fantasy team and not the actual team/players

Edited by SonataArctica

Just now, SonataArctica said:

Yeah and you only care about your fantasy team and not the actual team/players

Why would I care about them..Melvin Gordon doesn't care about you at all and yet you defend him here. You should be irate that this overpaid "athlete" only has to show up to work 16 times a year and he cannot even do that.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, nicksti said:

The YPC inefficiency haters left the building.

The can't stay healthy haters have courtside seats.

I drafted him but I did not want to. At the end of the day though looking at the draft - Cook, Fournette, Howard, Freeman - I will take the 6 games of killing it. Wish I had Ekeler right about now.

I was one of the few in our league that was saying before the draft that MG3 could be a steal this year where he was going. He was almost an afterthought in the draft, going around pick 9 or 10. I wish I would have took him at pick 4 honestly, as I have had to deal with the Bell saga this whole time lol.

2 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Do you think he’ll be back come week 9?

He definitely probably maybe will.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Why would I care about them..Melvin Gordon doesn't care about you at all and yet you defend him here. You should be irate that this overpaid "athlete" only has to show up to work 16 times a year and he cannot even do that.

Did he not play every game last year? Are you talking 2 years ago? If so that’s ancient history.

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Did he not play every game last year? Are you talking 2 years ago? If so that’s ancient history.

If he truly has Fournette's syndrome, he will miss 9 weeks

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

If he truly has Fournette's syndrome, he will miss 9 weeks

Fournette syndrome blah blah blah. Jags brought him back too early. Melvin Gordon is Melvin Gordon. Two different guys and they are unrelated. I like him sitting. He will be ready week 9. 

Only ekeler owners have negative thoughts. Us Gordon owners must remain positive.

Edited by Zekepeak86

"He didn't look good in warm ups," week 9 totally up in the air.

1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I get guys get banged up, but didn’t melvin play all last year? It’s a hammy, he is being rested, he a bye next week. I say we are fine. Precautionary measures taken. I like it

Yeah I'm guessing this is purely precautionary. The Charges are a potential Super Bowl team. If MG is a little gimpy heading into a bye week might as well give him some time off to completely heal. That field is terrible too so that might have played into the decision as well.

• Like 1

I wonder if this "injury" is in any way related to Gordon's possible desire for a new contract?  He's underpaid based on his current production. Guy might be concerned like Le'Veon Bell that the Chsrgers will ride him too hard with no opportunity to cash in. 

1 hour ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I don’t think traveling to London had anything to do with a hamstring injury as some suggest

Well it was the head coach who said that. Quotes are right here in this thread. But the coach may be lying...who knows.