FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

Per Pro Football Doc:

I get the RB hamstring worry given #Cook #Fournette #Sproles this year but don't think #MelvinGordon is in for extended absence but not guarantee on this week.

This guy is usually money on his assessments. So sounds like there is still a decent chance he doesn’t play this week. But sounds like there’s not longer term concern. 

Personally, I think he plays this week and is fine. 

Edited by ff062018

1 minute ago, ff062018 said:

Per Pro Football Doc:

I get the RB hamstring worry given #Cook #Fournette #Sproles this year but don't think #MelvinGordon is in for extended absence but not guarantee on this week.

This guy is usually money on his assessments. So sounds like there is still a decent chance he doesn’t play this week. But sounds like there’s not longer term concern. 

Same. Its not like it was severely damaged when they didn't play him before the bye. We will find out reports soon enough.

5 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Same. Its not like it was severely damaged when they didn't play him before the bye. We will find out reports soon enough.

Same.   The guy is known as a fierce competitor who always pushes to play through injury.  FWIW

27 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Per Pro Football Doc:

I’m hoping 1 more week. I’ve been burned too many times by hammys. 

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Same.   The guy is known as a fierce competitor who always pushes to play through injury.  FWIW

this is what gets a lot of guys in trouble, though. wanting to compete seems to consistently lead to guys coming back before their hamstrings are healed. you can't really push through a hamstring injury. no idea of the severity of Gordon's injury but trying to come back too soon can suuuuuck in the long run (Dalvin Cook).

• Thanks 3

Just now, yossarian said:

this is what gets a lot of guys in trouble, though. wanting to compete seems to consistently lead to guys coming back before their hamstrings are healed. you can't really push through a hamstring injury. no idea of the severity of Gordon's injury but trying to come back too soon can suuuuuck in the long run (Dalvin Cook).

Agreed with coming back too early but from all prior reports it doesn't sound like its an injury like a tear or a strain. It SOUNDS like more of a tweak. The severity and coaches "protecting" gordon makes me believe they didn't want it to lead to a cooks or fournette. Chargers wire had wrote they fully expect him to be out there with no lingering issues. 

Can we all just wait another day or two? lol Positive thoughts people! im sure most of us need him in there fully healthy. If he plays, esp after "protecting" him before the bye, medical staff and coaches have cleared him 100%. If he isnt 100%, he probably doesn't touch the field.

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

This is one injury where pushing to play through is a very very VERY bad idea. It's not a matter of pain management like most other injuries. It's a matter of one burst ending your season. 

• Thanks 2

From CBS sports:

Gordon (hamstring) is a candidate to return for Sunday's game at Seattle, Eric D. Williams of ESPN.com reports. "The week off really helped Melvin," coach Anthony Lynn said. "He ran well last week. He's going to do some things this week, and we'll see where he's at. But hamstrings can be tricky, so you don't want to rush those."

Gordon was held out of the Chargers' last contest on Oct. 21 (a 20-19 victory against the Titans in London) after he was unable to get through a pregame warmup. With a bye week to improve the health of his hamstring, he'll tackle Week 9 prep with the intent to play Sunday. As Lynn mentioned, hamstring injuries can linger, so Gordon's status is one to watch as the week continues. Another absence would allow Austin Ekeler to remain in the starting lineup.

As I stated, Coaches/med staff is aware what hammys can do. If he plays, he is good. 

Melvin Gordon (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Hamstring injuries can be really tricky, but Gordon sat out Week 7 and had the Week 8 bye to rest. He's going to need to avoid setbacks in practice, but he's on the right track to play Sunday in Seattle. Austin Ekeler has been a fixture all season long and will remain an RB2/FLEX regardless.

Oct 31 - 3:59 PM

Personally I'd like 1 more week of rest.  I know the Chargers want to make the playoffs, but... can't win anything without Gordon healthy.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Melvin Gordon (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Hamstring injuries can be really tricky, but Gordon sat out Week 7 and had the Week 8 bye to rest. He's going to need to avoid setbacks in practice, but he's on the right track to play Sunday in Seattle. Austin Ekeler has been a fixture all season long and will remain an RB2/FLEX regardless.

Oct 31 - 3:59 PM

Personally I'd like 1 more week of rest.  I know the Chargers want to make the playoffs, but... can't win anything without Gordon healthy.

If he is good to go then he is good to go. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

If he is good to go then he is good to go. 

Until he pulls it again lol. Can look great and still not be ready. I don't care either way, but if I'm the coach I'm playing it safe one more week and sitting him

• Thanks 1

Just now, scheibler said:

Until he pulls it again lol. Can look great and still not be ready. I don't care either way, but if I'm the coach I'm playing it safe one more week and sitting him

I hear ya. Let's hope he is okay. Need this stud back in my lineup. 

I’m 6-0 with MG

I’m 0-2 without MG

i especially need him healthy for the playoff run.

Should I panic? I got a trade offer for my Chubb for his Boyd and I wanna take it. But don't wanna be forced to start Coleman if Gordon doesn't suit up...

6 hours ago, Panamared said:

Should I panic? I got a trade offer for my Chubb for his Boyd and I wanna take it. But don't wanna be forced to start Coleman if Gordon doesn't suit up...

You shouldn't panic. But this question will get much more relevant answers in the AC forum.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/26-assistant-coach-help-forum/

8 hours ago, Panamared said:

I’s wait until Friday to panic. Odds are he gets an LP tomorrow too. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ragrag said:

I’s wait until Friday to panic. Odds are he gets an LP tomorrow too. 

Anyone know if MG practiced today?

I doubt he plays. 

This is purely based off of the ESPN Fantasy Football App that has the 'Fantasy Insights | with Watson'.  Below the 'Boom / Bust Chance' chart there is a "Likelihood to Play' measure that has been so precise and accurate this year that I am literally going by it from here on out.  For this week - Gordon's likelihood is 'Low' which has resulted in an Out every single time I have seen it. 

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I doubt he plays. 

This is purely based off of the ESPN Fantasy Football App that has the 'Fantasy Insights | with Watson'.  Below the 'Boom / Bust Chance' chart there is a "Likelihood to Play' measure that has been so precise and accurate this year that I am literally going by it from here on out.  For this week - Gordon's likelihood is 'Low' which has resulted in an Out every single time I have seen it. 

I have heard that Gordon looked good in practice on Wednesday. Didn't hear much about his Thursday practice and still nothing about today. 

14 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I have heard that Gordon looked good in practice on Wednesday. Didn't hear much about his Thursday practice and still nothing about today. 

I trust robots. 

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I trust robots. 

i, for one, welcome our new soulless overlords ...

oh, and my Roomba told me he sits. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

You are going to be the reason humanity is overtaken by rogue sex bots. 

More like rogue football analytic robots.

Sex robots will be do to the fappers out there doing things with their computers.