FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, ColoWrex said:

Man he needs to sit his a** down. What if he hurts himself worse and is out for multiple weeks? They can survive the cardinals without him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Man he needs to sit his a** down. What if he hurts himself worse and is out for multiple weeks? They can survive the cardinals without him

There goes that theory of preserving himself for the next contract. This move is literally the exact opposite of that LOL

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Guwop said:

This. I don't care so much if he bombs tonight; I care a lot more about him being healthy week 15/16. Just take a rest, dammit.

2 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

I get everyone’s worry.... but he BEGGED the coaches to play the week before the bye and the coaches didn’t budge and he wasn’t happy.

if the coaches are saying ok he can play and Lynn already stated that most rbs go through soreness this time of the year, I cannot imagine it’s a hamstring issue. Knee soreness a lot of players have and are fine. No way is Lynn dumb enough to risk MG3 with the playoffs pretty much a lock and an easy cardinals opponent. He proved to us before the bye he will protect MG3.

that said, I wonder if AL is going to play him but limit his touches.... his matchup is so juicy I’d hate to sit him for a jones and he goes off for 25 points. I think this is going to be a brutal 11 hours leading up to game time for a lot of folks with good other options

Dang it!

I own Gordon, Ekeler & Lockett & gotta play 2. Do I freaking have to play both Chargers RB's now?  

I know this isn't AC Board but dang! $150 on the line in my game to win regular season. 

14 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

Dang it!

I own Gordon, Ekeler & Lockett & gotta play 2. Do I freaking have to play both Chargers RB's now?  

I know this isn't AC Board but dang! $150 on the line in my game to win regular season. 

I put Ekeler everywhere in DFS lineups, need to change now

Edited by metalmat

Re handcuffing, I don't think Aaron Jones is particularly relevant in this discussion. He was drafted as a RB3, not as a late round cuff. You could easily have drafted Jones and taken Yeldon or Gio or Ware in the 12th-14th round. Only in rare cases in smaller leagues where he was dropped early in the season could he be relevant to handcuffing, but you could have made room for him by cutting a surplus WR most likely.

Re Gordon, I'd roll with him over an option outside of the top ten for this week but if I'd rather play Chubb or another low end RB1 for the security of a floor while still getting some ceiling. Of course your opponent, place in the standings could alter this. If you are the underdog then go for Gordon's upside.

16 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Ekeler is not nearly as effective when he's the lead back.  It's not that simple macho man.  

He's not as effective but he's still a top 15 RB. There's not a fantasy team in the world whose worst player is better than a top 15 RB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

Anyone playing both Gordon and Ekeler or is that crazy talk? Ekeler would be stealing a flex spot from either Boyd/J.Gordon. Just thinking out loud here...

Crazy talk. 

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Crazy talk. 

Yeah I think you're right. I dunno though, this is kind of a "safe floor" option to those who don't want to risk it. Arizona have allowed an AVERAGE of 175 scrimmage yds to RBs over the season, and 13 TDs. The chargers are above average imo so you're probably looking at a safeish floor of about 30 points from both players. Although a lowish ceiling of maybe 40 in PPR. A 50/50 split could kill a lot of teams this week, the option is there to safeguard against this and hope the rest of your team get you across the line. I don't think I'd have the balls to do it though ha

38 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

Anyone playing both Gordon and Ekeler or is that crazy talk? Ekeler would be stealing a flex spot from either Boyd/J.Gordon. Just thinking out loud here...

memebetter.com-20181125190419.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This whole situation is bizarre to me.  He doesn’t have any documented structural damage in his hammy or knee so the team is basically going by how Gordon says he feels. So if he says he’s good to go on Sunday , I’m not sure why the team would keep him out or even restrict him unless they are in a good position to win the game. The whole “it’s only Arizona “ notion is crazy to me, it’s the nfl , anything can happen during any week. They barely beat Ten without Gordon and they lost an easy one to Denver with Gordon.

If he plays you obviously have to start him and hope he’s one of the reasons they are up big .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cousinal111 said:

Dang it!

Man, tough call....For what it’s worth, I don’t hate the idea of rolling both chargers out in a great matchup where Gordon’s snap count may be reduced a bit.

• Like 1

"It was only Tennessee, we can live without him" almost backfired!

He sat the game in London and they won on a failed 2 point conversion. This is when Tennessee was struggling badly!

I am sure he used this as letting the staff let him play this week.

I don't need a win but I would still be iffy if I was in dire need of a W today

Seems like he's going to start.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Melvin Gordon (questionable, hamstring/knee) "plans" to play Week 12 against the Cardinals.

There was some thought Gordon would sit out for maintenance purposes against an inferior opponent, but apparently he convinced the coaching staff to let him play. Even at less than 100 percent, Gordon will be a must-start in a can't-miss home matchup against the Cardinals. Austin Ekeler would have been an enticing RB2/low-cost DFS play had Gordon sat out, but now he's not an option.

1 minute ago, ReggiesBush said:

This have decoy written all over it.  MG starts 3-5 touches.  Ekeler 15-25 touches.  I’m more concerned about starting Keenan than AE. 

Why would they need a decoy versus the Cardinals?

Clearly start him if he plays. Upside is too high.

Coach needs to use his brain. Why risk MG on the Cardinals when you are an easy playoff team w sneaky Souper Bowl upside. They rested Bosa for 11weeks. Why risk MG over one weeks rest. If MG goes out there and blows a knee or hammy coach looks like an idiot.  There is no upside this week to risk this.  

13 minutes ago, ReggiesBush said:

Coach needs to use his brain. Why risk MG on the Cardinals when you are an easy playoff team w sneaky Souper Bowl upside. They rested Bosa for 11weeks. Why risk MG over one weeks rest. If MG goes out there and blows a knee or hammy coach looks like an idiot.  There is no upside this week to risk this.  

No opponent  is a guaranteed win. Look at the TEN game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRIGUY11 said:

This whole situation is bizarre to me.  He doesn’t have any documented structural damage in his hammy or knee so the team is basically going by how Gordon says he feels. So if he says he’s good to go on Sunday , I’m not sure why the team would keep him out or even restrict him unless they are in a good position to win the game. The whole “it’s only Arizona “ notion is crazy to me, it’s the nfl , anything can happen during any week. They barely beat Ten without Gordon and they lost an easy one to Denver with Gordon.

If he plays you obviously have to start him and hope he’s one of the reasons they are up big .

Agreed. His coach said something about aches and pains this far into the season and that the knee soreness was more an issue than the hamstring. My guess is he plays most downs but with Ekeler having a little more of a role than he has had recently, more like Ekeler did earlier in the year. If the Chargers go up 35-7 in the 2nd half they probably let Ekeler do mop up. Gordon's ceiling might be capped a little bit more than it would be otherwise, but not enough to sit him. He'll play through some minor aches and pains and hit the whirlpool after the game. 

The Ten game was a outlier. I think Charges ran like 43plays Ekeler touched like 17 or 18.  Even if MG starts they could feed both w volume as AZ is better against pass than run.  Again I still don’t see the need to risk MG when he is nursing a hammy AND knee! Of course this is fantasy and MG gets 30touches 250 yards and 4tds and Ekeler get his customary 5 touches for 30yrds and zero tds 

50 minutes ago, ReggiesBush said:

The Ten game was a outlier. I think Charges ran like 43plays Ekeler touched like 17 or 18.  Even if MG starts they could feed both w volume as AZ is better against pass than run.  Again I still don’t see the need to risk MG when he is nursing a hammy AND knee! Of course this is fantasy and MG gets 30touches 250 yards and 4tds and Ekeler get his customary 5 touches for 30yrds and zero tds 

Risky business for sure.  Hope you guys have Ekeler cuffed just in case.  If MG plays this game their is a good chance he's making his soreness worse to possible injury and/or not being able to play games down the stretch run of future games.  

So for the guys here who have other options or deep at rb, where do you draw the line at sitting?  Do you play jones over him who is ranked near the top 10 this week? Do you ride it out and hope he sees 20 touches.

the thing that gets to me is there is no news on what kind of knee soreness. There’s a lot of moving parts, can’t they explain it ffs