FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

Good if he plays but i don’t know what to do... i have Chubb too . I must choose 1 between gordon and chubb and i don’t know what to do... i ´d prefer gordon not play... more easy for me

If Melvin plays, I'm starting him for sure. The bigger question is whether I want to insure him by starting Ekeler also or if one of my other flex options are better. I have one hour to decide because my flex options all play then. Chubb is a nice option too. This is all such a sweat because of the ARI matchup and there could be a feast. We're just not sure who's going to be eating the most

Ugh. I’m pretty sure if I had Chubb I would definitely be starting him instead of risking it with Gordon. I have Josh Adams and considering him over risking Gordon

Edited by ff062018

Tough call. He could feast if he plays. He could be a late scratch.  But the nightmare is he plays a series tweaks the injury and is out multi weeks during playoff and score 1.5 points today when you could have played Chubb 

Major risk/reward. Do you feel like gambling?

• Like 1

Here's Gordon and Ekeler's combined PPR scores since week 1.

25 (@LA)

12 (vTEN when Gordon was out)

Bye

So I'd expect a combined floor of 25-30 with a ceiling of 40-50. Games with good matchups for rbs they combined for 53 vKC and vOAK twice for 39 and 42.

My flex guys all play early games so I need to make a decision in the next few mins but I'm thinking of rolling with both chargers rbs this week. Catch me in either the Cool Story Bro or Rant thread later tonight! :o

• Thanks 1

I don't like what I am hearing at all.  Coaching staff wants him to sit out another week, but he wants to play.  Could end up being a last minute scratch with no time to plug Ekeler in.  Or he could play a series or two and then sit the rest of the game. This whole thing is putting us Gordon owners in a tough position.  Honestly, I just wish he would rest another week that way he is 100% next week.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

Here's Gordon and Ekeler's combined PPR scores since week 1.

25 (@LA)

12 (vTEN when Gordon was out)

Bye

So I'd expect a combined floor of 25-30 with a ceiling of 40-50. Games with good matchups for rbs they combined for 53 vKC and vOAK twice for 39 and 42.

My flex guys all play early games so I need to make a decision in the next few mins but I'm thinking of rolling with both chargers rbs this week. Catch me in either the Cool Story Bro or Rant thread later tonight! :o

That is really good numbers playing both of those guys and makes me debate taking out A. Jones, who has a pretty tough matchup, and putting Ekeler in his spot.  That would be the safest thing to do, but at the same time I don't want to leave a bunch of points on the bench and I need 1 more win to lock up a first round bye.  

Must win for me this week so I cant risk they sit him or limit him, had a beer and swapped in Breida.  Catch me in the vent/rant thread boys.

1 minute ago, herschel said:

This is a case of start your studs.  Bench him and live with the consequences.

Starting Michel instead in one league where it just ain't going to work out waiting past noon.  Picked up Ekeler in another.....rolling Grodon in the Flexy poo at the moment.  

Play dem studs. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat
  • Like 1

Couldn't get myself to sit Gordon for Josh Adams,  so hopefully I don't need to use the emergency 4:25 rb I just snagged in Royce Freeman. 

• Like 1

MVS is my alternative in the FLEX, so obviously a huge downgrade but that's all I really got as an alternative this week. BYE Weeks. Make sure Gordon's in your flex. Still think he's gonna play. Part of me feels the coaching staff is taking it easy because they think they can beat the cardinals without him. "Rest maintenance" seems to be related to them overlooking the Cards just like they overlooked the Titans.

Anyone can lose in any week. Ask the Vikings when they got thrashed by the Bills. It's not like Gordon was a DNP or hurt himself in the game last week. I think Gordon is still on his rookie contract but I suspect he still has some incentives tied to his contract, no? 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

2 minutes ago, jgardner827 said:

Couldn't get myself to sit Gordon for Josh Adams,  so hopefully I don't need to use the emergency 4:25 rb I just snagged in Royce Freeman. 

Royce is not the ideal choice. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herschel said:

This is a case of start your studs.  Bench him and live with the consequences.

Took this advise and swapped him back in.  Lets go.  I hope AZ offense  comes to play & keeps it interesting.  (CSB)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Tempted to plug ekeler in over him. Can’t do it tho

You start Gordon...

• Like 1

Watch him be totally healthy and they did all this back and forth for nothing lol

I’m could go either way. Up 44 with luck, Doyle and either Gordon/a jones to his Adams and fairbairn... it really shouldn’t matter. I may go safe and play jones but if people need a big boom, keep mg3 in

Nfl app analysis said Lynn said it was just discomfort in his knee and should be available for most of his normal work load. He is good to go. Let’s fire him up

rotowire:ANALYSIS
A hamstring injury has been attached to Gordon for the better part of the past five weeks, forcing an absence Week 7. On this occasion, though, coach Anthony Lynn told Eric D. Williams of ESPN.com that Gordon's primary health concern is discomfort in his knee, which limited him in practice Thursday and Friday and made him a game-time decision. With his availability confirmed, Gordon should maintain a majority share of the work out of the Chargers backfield. The preceding has equated to 20.6 touches for 132.1 yards from scrimmage per game and 11 touchdowns in nine contests.

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jordan23 said:

Took this advise and swapped him back in.  Lets go.  I hope AZ offense  comes to play & keeps it interesting.  (CSB)

You’re  welcome.

Edited by herschel
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

Watch him be totally healthy and they did all this back and forth for nothing lol

Seems to be the case!