FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

10 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

If they deem the risk is too high for him to shoulder a sizable portion of the load, then he is sitting in my estimation. 

This is exactly the way they should approach it if you ask me.

Either he's healthy enough to play and shoulder close to his normal workload or he doesn't play.  I mean, there is ZERO reason to run him out there for limited snaps or whatever IMO.  If he's playing limited snaps, you're basically admitting that he's not healthy and showing how dumb your organization is.

I just don't believe this is some must-win game for the Chargers.  Sure, it would be nice to win and could make their playoff road easier.  But their playoff road becomes darn near impossible if they run a still injured Gordon out there Thursday night and he ends up re-injuring that knee.

I think as fantasy owners, we have to assume the Chargers coaches and medical staff have a brain in their heads and they won't activate Gordon unless they feel he can play close to normal capacity.  As such, if he's active, I'm playing him.  

If they activate him only to receive 5 carries and run around as a decoy or something, they're complete morons and they're probably losing the game anyways if they play that way.  It would just be a really dumb risk to take.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jared24 said:

If he's full participant in today's practice he's playing and is a must start.

Watch him be limited....

Man I sure hope he's close to 100% if he plays.  Can't afford a dud or him being a decoy this week.

LAC knows they probably won’t win with or without him this week. Biggest game is week 18 and they know it. I don’t see him playing on a gimpy stick. 

8 minutes ago, Krambone said:

LAC knows they probably won’t win with or without him this week. Biggest game is week 18 and they know it. I don’t see him playing on a gimpy stick. 

I dont think an NFL head coach goes into a game, especially a divisional game, saying "yeah we're not winning this game". Come on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Krambone said:

What makes you think they know they won't win? KC hasn't looked the same without Hunt, they barely pulled it out against a bubble team last week. LAC absolutely believes they can win this game. 

Just now, Broncos132 said:

I dont think an NFL head coach goes into a game, especially a divisional game, saying "yeah we're not winning this game". Come on.

Yea the MG owners are a strange bunch.  Never seen so many people assume the Chargers are ready to pack it in for the playoffs in Week 15. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Yea the MG owners are a strange bunch.  Never seen so many people assume the Chargers are ready to pack it in for the playoffs in Week 15. 

MGIII owners are saying the opposite. It's the Justin Jackson owners who want to see them rest MGIII. 

• Like 1

If they lose this game and MG owners make it to their finals, that's going to suck because then you could see them rest him until the playoffs

I have MG and Jackson rather have MG playing then Jackson 👍👍

Edited by JrsKars

I have both, and want MG3 to sit. I would hate to see him go in and re-aggravate his knee in the first series and sit the rest of the game. I don’t like putting in players that are that close to injured, that they are a GTD. 

Now or if he practiced fully all week and was confident he was definitely playing, then I’d rather have MG3. 

This is time of year, it’s the players that make it through the games that win championships. Studs on the sidelines do nothing to help win. 

1 minute ago, Raynestorm said:

I have both, and want MG3 to sit. I would hate to see him go in and re-aggravate his knee in the first series and sit the rest of the game. I don’t like putting in players that are that close to injured, that they are a GTD. 

Now or if he practiced fully all week and was confident he was definitely playing, then I’d rather have MG3. 

This is time of year, it’s the players that make it through the games that win championships. Studs on the sidelines do nothing to help win. 

Since when do players practice fully all week when we get to these final couple weeks of the season.  Fantasy owners just have to accept that our player conditions are generally pretty meh at this time of year and we have to just take the plunge at times even if our dudes aren't 150% healthy and brand new like its Week 1. 

Gordon is going to play & probably play well. Some guys just play through pain & get the job done. Someone referred back to last year when he had a bad foot (?) & still managed an 87 yard TD run. He was questionable 2 weeks ago with a knee & had a monster 1st half before this fluke sprain happened. The kid is a warrior 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trilly said:

If they lose this game and MG owners make it to their finals, that's going to suck because then you could see them rest him until the playoffs

Naw they'll keep playing for the 5th seed.

13 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

FWIW ESPN had him at a 0 projection this morning and he is now at 14. Maybe they know something we don't? :rolleyes:

They are going by the prepondence of the evidence, which at this point suggests he will play. I think they are too early to switch projections to 0.

Yeah, if the Chargers lose they don't have an incentive to push Gordon but if he is healthy I suspect he will play Week 16. If the Chargers rest players it would be Week 17. It would be unusual to rest healthy players for two weeks, although it has been done before.

If they lose this week they will likely need to win one of the final two games to clinch the 5 seed. The could be the difference between playing a team like Houston or New England in the first round or a team like the Ravens or fading Steelers.

Looks likely good to go after practices. It's a must win game for both teams as they battle for the 1 seed.

Edited by Carlos Correa

3 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Looks likely good to go after practices. It's a must win game for both teams as they battle for the 1 seed.

Reading he's questionable. Grrrrrr

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Reading he's questionable. Grrrrrr

Good thing he plays on Thursday and we will know. It’s better than their usual 3:30 game. Just think if we needed to make a decision then. That would be brutal!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no other RBs activated?  

he's playing. 

That's a good catch.

What's the deadline to activate somebody else off the practice squad to be eligible to play this week?

I'd assume they wouldn't go into such a game like that with only Jackson and Newsome...Especially knowing that they'll probably have to employ a run heavy approach if they want to win the game.

• Like 1