FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

Pretty good chance he's playing but will be on a pitch count. Jackson will be worked in plenty. Also keep eye out on weather for field conditions. 

3 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

That's a good catch.

What's the deadline to activate somebody else off the practice squad to be eligible to play this week?

I'd assume they wouldn't go into such a game like that with only Jackson and Newsome...Especially knowing that they'll probably have to employ a run heavy approach if they want to win the game.

especially with Ekeler already ruled out. 

• Like 1

As a Justin Jackson owner, I don't see how the Chargers go into a divisional game with only their 3rd and 4th string rb. Gordon will play

Traveled to KC, but the weather also concerning..

This situation is getting really frustrating, and appears to be a total gamble on whether to start or sit.  I'm really hoping we get a better grasp on it by kickoff. 

This is make or break time, and I'd prefer to have him 100% next week in my league's championship game. 

I've got JJ ready to roll, if needed, but would almost prefer it be his backfield at this stage.

Just now, euphonicjamz said:

This situation is getting really frustrating, and appears to be a total gamble on whether to start or sit.  I'm really hoping we get a better grasp on it by kickoff. 

This is make or break time, and I'd prefer to have him 100% next week in my league's championship game. 

I've got JJ ready to roll, if needed, but would almost prefer it be his backfield at this stage.

this is precisely my situation as well. one game playoff and trying to get to the ship as a Melvin and Jackson owner. I'm not sure what i wish will happen. If Gordon is ready to go, then im okay with giving him his normal snaps. The nightmare is if Gordon plays limited and it split leaving no exciting play this week. I really do doubt that happens though. I think either is Gordon is active and that means he'll be ready for his normal snaps, or Jackson will start and be in line for at least 15-20 touches if Melvin can't go.

I think no matter what we have a very startable player with upside tomorrow night for the semi's. Gordon RB1, and Jackson an RB2 if Gordon is out.

I'm in the same boat as you guys too.. anyone actually considering starting both? maybe flex jackson but idk  would think that if Gordon is good to go hes good to play the whole game.

No other RBs being activated is definitely a good sign. If I had to bet I'd still say he sits, but in terms of whether to start him if he's declared active, while I realize everyone's situation is different, unless you're absolutely stacked at RB I think you gotta roll the dice.

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1

Just now, coleworld7 said:

I'm in the same boat as you guys too.. anyone actually considering starting both? maybe flex jackson but idk  would think that if Gordon is good to go hes good to play the whole game.

I would not fall for that trap brother. If Gordon is active, Jackson is a no go. You'd have to be VERY short on options.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mjb said:

Traveled to KC, but the weather also concerning..

light rain possible during the first qtr ... tapering off to nothing until perhaps the 4th qtr ... temps slightly above freezing, wind a steady 13-15 per.  

that is not horrible, typical late season fare.  

JJ just seems to be a different kind of back than Ekeler, at least to my eyes, and I'm not sure how he would be used if MG is ready to roll...  That's my fear in starting both.

36 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

If word is that Gordon will have a limited workload, then I am also strongly considering this.  If no word about a limited workload, I'm probably sticking with Corey Davis instead.

This is why coaches get fired. No long term strategic vision. They only care about trying to catch up to a race when they know damn well its mathematiclly unrealistic.

if melvin suits up, im afraid chargers coaching staff will be not recover mentally after a beat down in kc.  I would not be suprised if they dont even make the playoffs either. 

• Haha 2

It seems to me that Melvin Gordon will play tomorrow night.  Gordon seems like a poor option running as a road dog with a huge risk of reinjury.  In the last game Gordon played, he was reinjured and could not finish the game.  Now Gordon has been limited in practice this week, so Gordon is obviously not 100% healthy.  The kids a warrior and a team leader, so you know he's going to want to be out there.

But it is up to the CS to see the bigger picture.  If Gordon is active and plays, that's a mistake in my view.

Bold Prediction. MGlll plays and is ineffective and gimpy, JJ gets some run and looks okay but Rivers throws 50 times. Next week no MGlll and Ekeler is back and now it’s the guessing game as to usage with JJ. If MGlll plays I will be rooting for him to finish intact.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, the Chargers wanted to sit him earlier--Gordon talked his way into playing in the game he incurred his most recent injury.

• Thanks 1

Is this why the world is such an awful place nowadays? All these people with such negativity is pathetic. 

Go get a drink or something. 

"If he plays it's gonna finish bad"

"I don't have a good feeling about this, he's gonna get injured again"

"If he plays tomorrow he's gonna miss next week"

That last one is my favorite. Either you all are going against the Gordon owner or you let your girlfriend's slap you during sex. Christ. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

This is why coaches get fired. No long term strategic vision. They only care about trying to catch up to a race when they know damn well its mathematiclly unrealistic.

if melvin suits up, im afraid chargers coaching staff will be not recover mentally after a beat down in kc.  I would not be suprised if they dont even make the playoffs either. 

Gotta see what happens.

If they play Gordon and he's limping around and obviously limited, it'll be one of the stupidist moves I've seen all year.  I just fail to see logical reasons to run him out there if you know he's not 100% and you know he's going to be limited.  That's just being super-short sighted and not keeping the big picture in mind.

Odds are they lose this game and odds are they probably wind up the 5 seed no matter what happens tomorrow night.

I happen to own both Gordon and Jackson in my league.  I either want a nearly 100% Gordon on the field doing what he normally does or make him inactive.  I don't want to see him getting 5-10 carries and shuttling out of the game all night.  And I just feel like it would be foolish for the Chargers to play him if they know they're going to handle him like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Is this why the world is such an awful place nowadays? All these people with such negativity is pathetic. 

Go get a drink or something. 

"If he plays it's gonna finish bad"

"I don't have a good feeling about this, he's gonna get injured again"

"If he plays tomorrow he's gonna miss next week"

That last one is my favorite. Either you all are going against the Gordon owner or you let your girlfriend's slap you during sex. Christ. 

My world isn't negative lol it's only negative when you let negative people in and or get to you. I love and enjoy life, friends, family, my hobbies etc... Life is what you make of it. The problem these days is everyone likes to pretend they are SO enraged by things and have a doorway to post it with social media and all that other garbage. 

Idiots have existed forever, it's just now people actually let whatever idiots say affect them when I personally couldn't care less. 

But that's all irrelevant in a Melvin Gordon thread lol 

On topic, I said it before... Who cares If someone is negative about Gordon or any players return. It's a game, it's for fun, guys are gonna make jabs if they're against him and hope he doesn't make it back in and guys are gonna be positive because he's in their lineup.. At the end of the day who cares lol its just a forum, sounds like you're the one that needs a drink bro 

1 minute ago, Savatage79 said:

My world isn't negative lol it's only negative when you let negative people in and or get to you. I love and enjoy life, friends, family, my hobbies etc... Life is what you make of it. The problem these days is everyone likes to pretend they are SO enraged by things and have a doorway to post it with social media and all that other garbage. 

Idiots have existed forever, it's just now people actually let whatever idiots say affect them when I personally couldn't care less. 

But that's all irrelevant in a Melvin Gordon thread lol 

On topic, I said it before... Who cares If someone is negative about Gordon or any players return. It's a game, it's for fun, guys are gonna make jabs if they're against him and hope he doesn't make it back in and guys are gonna be positive because he's in their lineup.. At the end of the day who cares lol its just a forum, sounds like you're the one that needs a drink bro 

I'd agree if they all didn't sound so mopey. It would be nice to come on here and hear some positivity for a guy a lot of us need tomorrow. It doesn't come off as people hoping Gordon doesn't play. It comes off as people rejected and abused. It's Christmas, people. Where's your positive spirit?

These guys aren't idiots, they're not going to let him play if they feel like he can't protect himself or is at significant risk of re-injury.

We're all speculating here, I'm gonna trust him to know his body, the doctors to know the risks, and the CS to decide the best course of action.

No one has more to lose than MG3 so if he feels he's good to go, that's good enough for me.

Edited by trilly
  • Like 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I'd agree if they all didn't sound so mopey. It would be nice to come on here and hear some positivity for a guy a lot of us need tomorrow. It doesn't come off as people hoping Gordon doesn't play. It comes off as people rejected and abused. It's Christmas, people. Where's your positive spirit?

I know but I mean come on man, it's a fantasy forum.. And remember on screen words appear mopey if you're reading it in that context if it's something you're not liking or agreeing with. 

I have Gordon and I don't think he will play.. But that's just me.. But nothing anyone says will change the outcome so it's like why let it bug you? 

And I'm all pumped for Xmas, best time of the year.

6 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I know but I mean come on man, it's a fantasy forum.. And remember on screen words appear mopey if you're reading it in that context if it's something you're not liking or agreeing with. 

I have Gordon and I don't think he will play.. But that's just me.. But nothing anyone says will change the outcome so it's like why let it bug you? 

And I'm all pumped for Xmas, best time of the year.

Doesn't bug me. Just pointing it out. 

MGIII is gonna play tomorrow and score a touchdown, because that's what he does. 

8Yf7.gif

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It seems to me that Melvin Gordon will play tomorrow night.  Gordon seems like a poor option running as a road dog with a huge risk of reinjury.  In the last game Gordon played, he was reinjured and could not finish the game.  Now Gordon has been limited in practice this week, so Gordon is obviously not 100% healthy.  The kids a warrior and a team leader, so you know he's going to want to be out there.

But it is up to the CS to see the bigger picture.  If Gordon is active and plays, that's a mistake in my view.

The injury was to the opposite knee

• Like 1