FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

Schefter tweeted that it'll be tough for him to play tonight. Nothing really new, but it seems more clear that hes not near 100%. He'll be testing his knee during warmups. Feeling uneasy about this 

1 hour ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Schefter said on ESPN just a minute ago that he doesn’t think he plays but may just be his opinion. They are testing it out pregame. 

Schefter is usually right. That sucks.

• Like 1

ESPN just stirring up drama so you have to tune into NFL Live, NFL Prime Time and NFL Round table today on ESPN

• Haha 1

Unfortunately, I'm sensing that the scenario of "Gordon plays and gets normal workload" is almost ruled out.  Not liking this -- too much at stake in the fantasy playoffs to start a hobbled Melvin Gordon (if he plays).  

What happened between yesterday when practice was over to today at 730am? They're not practicing or anything yet. Schefter is just stating his opinion that he isn't going to play, and that's it. 

15 hours ago, championship or bust said:

This is why coaches get fired. No long term strategic vision. They only care about trying to catch up to a race when they know damn well its mathematiclly unrealistic.

if melvin suits up, im afraid chargers coaching staff will be not recover mentally after a beat down in kc.  I would not be suprised if they dont even make the playoffs either. 

i am glad the coaches saw this message. logic > emotions.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

What happened between yesterday when practice was over to today at 730am? They're not practicing or anything yet. Schefter is just stating his opinion that he isn't going to play, and that's it. 

Mostly his limited practice was a smoke screen and Schefter heard from someone in the organization that he isn't going to play is my guess. 

Edited by heyeaglefn

3 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

All but over now.  Chargers promote another RB from practice squad. 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1073235276011634688

Yep...Sure seems like a positive sign to me that they aren't expecting Gordon to go.

Smart move by the Chargers and probably the best move that fantasy players could hope for.  Nobody would really want to plug a limited Gordon into their lineups and watch something like what happened to AJ Green a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Its over Gordonites!  Hope he gets healthy for next week. 

i'd say the odds will be VERY good for next week considering he seemed close this week.  Another 10 days will likely have him darn near 100%.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

i'd say the odds will be VERY good for next week considering he seemed close this week.  Another 10 days will likely have him darn near 100%.

In possibly a meaningless game?  Not so sure

• Like 2

Stick + Fork + Done

Possible next week as well. I mean if the Bolts win tonight, I could see them resting vs Ravens as well to sure him up for the post season run

• Like 1

This is a blessing in disguise for Gordon and his fantasy coaches.  He was not going to do anything tonight hobbling around on one leg, but his big name value would have compelled many of you to start him.  Now you can turn to healthier options. 

And next week we start the drama all over again.

• Like 2

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

This is a blessing in disguise for Gordon and his fantasy coaches.  He was not going to do anything tonight hobbling around on one leg, but his big name value would have compelled many of you to start him.  Now you can turn to healthier options. 

And next week we start the drama all over again.

Absolutely true.

As a Gordon owner, it's really weird that I feel good that he isn't playing lol.

I think it would be more stressful to put him in lineups knowing the risks than to just play other options.  For me it's D Cook in one league and J Jackson in the other :)

• Like 1

Tens of pages on Gordon, Conner, etc. with countless tweets from "experts" with various speculation, yet the infamous Dr. Chao was again dead on. I'm not saying his commentary is gospel, but I'd take his analysis ALL day long over these analysts.

Yeah Dr. Chao is pretty great.  He teased us a bit with the David Johnson thing last year, but he is usually pretty spot on.  He appears once a week on "Moving the Chains" on SiriusXM NFL Radio, and he is even better live.  Highly recommended segment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Safe to roll out Jackson when Gordo scratches ? 

No way, roll out Detrez. 

• Haha 1