FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Gordon is the clear RB1 here. Versatile & has a nose for the GL. Ekeler will get his 8-10 touches a game & look good doing it as a COP. His quickness is a nice complement to Gordon, but he won’t get much more run than he has in the past

It was an even split until Ekeler's season-ending injury.

5 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

It was not. Look at the game logs from 2017. 

10 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

It was not. Look at the game logs from 2017. 

I did. Look at the logs from when Ekeler first got opportunity (JAX game) to when he went down. 

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

I did. Look at the logs from when Ekeler first got opportunity (JAX game) to when he went down. 

I just did. He averaged like 4 carries and 2-3 receptions per game. He had one big game with 10 carries but other than that he did nothing. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I just did. He averaged like 4 carries and 2-3 receptions per game. He had one big game with 10 carries but other than that he did nothing. 

My bad: their production was similar weeks 10-14 (both were RB2s in PPR; Gordon was RB14 and Ekeler was RB15) even though Gordon got more touches.

Edited by joshua18

40 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

My bad: their production was similar weeks 10-14 (both were RB2s in PPR; Gordon was RB14 and Ekeler was RB15) even though Gordon got more touches.

Third time’s the charm on Melvin Gordon?

45 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Ekeler averaged about 5 carries per game those weeks. Serious question...do you know how to read?  

• Like 4

Feel like he's pretty ahead of Hunt at this point in drafts, and some of the big WRs. Seen him go plenty as the 5 or 6 OA player of the board.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

1581 total yds, 12 TD’s for Gordon, who had under 10 carries just once & had at least 14 in 14 games played. 58 receptions

.539 total yds, 5 TD’s for  Ekeler, who had 6 or more carries in 4 of 14 games played. 27 receptions.

You obviously never watch a Chargers game & you certainly can’t read a box score. Tell me, how is that even? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

1581 total yds, 12 TD’s for Gordon, who had under 10 carries just once & had at least 14 in 14 games played. 58 receptions

.539 total yds, 5 TD’s for  Ekeler, who had 6 or more carries in 4 of 14 games played. 27 receptions.

You obviously never watch a Chargers game & you certainly can’t read a box score. Tell me, how is that even? 

Apologies, but I wasn’t very clear...Gordon had at least 14 carries 14 times in 16 games played. Hope I didn’t confuse anyone 

14 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

He's a McKinnon truther, so...

• Haha 1

On 21/8/2018 at 2:25 AM, wahoos1 said:

Flash Gordon with 6th pick in 12 team PPR, book it

Flash is the other one. This is more like Stash Gordon, or maybe Cash Gordon.

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Serious question...do you know how to read?  

I can, and I can Excel. This is their total touches and yards charted throughout the season:

image.png.d24c6d480caabb8f8a11a099e1c053e7.png

If you look at the games, you will see that the only game where they were close in touches was game 9, where Gordon didn't get it done while Ekeler did, and then this happened:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/chargers/la-sp-chargers-ekeler-20171112-story.html

After that, it's clear that Ekeler was the distant #2 again. Don't fumble, kids.

What does this mean for 2018 though? I personally think ekeler will probably get another chance. If he does well, who knows? He may become a timeshare with Gordon.

• Like 4

Anyone know what’s wrong with Gordon? He’s been listed as “Q” for quite a while.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Anyone know what’s wrong with Gordon? He’s been listed as “Q” for quite a while.

He had a family issue to attend to so he missed preseason week 3. I don’t think he has an injury, but I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, Blu Exile said:

He had a family issue to attend to so he missed preseason week 3. I don’t think he has an injury, but I could be wrong. 

Kind of nervous it might just be serious.  Yahoo doesn't keep them Q for no reason do they?

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Kind of nervous it might just be serious.  Yahoo doesn't keep them Q for no reason do they?

Don't read too much into it. Enjoy your amazing first round value. 

Dude's gonna ball, especially with the defense beasting out and the offensive line upgraded. Game script proof and efficiency will tick up.

A lot of elite RB's share time...and still produce. Even if Ekeler gets 8-10 touches a game, that is ideal as it keeps Gordon's efficiency up.

Elite RB1 here. 

I'm with PlayTheWaivers on this one. While, historically, a below average yards per carry, the O line has been bad and the D has left a lot to be desired. Now, the D is expected to be borderline elite and the O line is significantly upgraded. The Chargers didn't bring in anybody. I think Gordon has a very high floor and a very high ceiling. He will get volume touches; can catch like crazy; and has a D that should have them ahead in many games. I can easily see a top 5 finish. Totally not worried about Ekeler.

• Thanks 1

I got faith in Gordon this year.  I took him ahead of Kamara, Fournette,  McCaffrey, Cook, and Hunt.  He has as good of a situation as any RB in the NFL.  Stellar offense, great defense, no one to seriously cut into his workload, a quality guy to give him a breather.  Gordon is going to be a beast!!!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Does Gates signing hurt Gordon’s value as they’ve added another red zone weapon?

no.  if it hurts anyone's value it would be Mike Williams

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

no.  if it hurts anyone's value it would be Mike Williams

Hurts Rivers’ value the most. 

1 hour ago, mavsfan23 said:

Hurts Rivers’ value the most. 

Hurts River's value how?  Another RZ weapon.  Yes, it hurt Melvin Gordon RZ touches.