FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, mjb said:

Hurts River's value how?  Another RZ weapon.  Yes, it hurt Melvin Gordon RZ touches.

If that offensive line is improved like we think it is, then Gordon is gonna get his no matter who is out there.  Gates isn't going to be any more of a factor than he was last year, which was minimal

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Hurts River's value how?  Another RZ weapon.  Yes, it hurt Melvin Gordon RZ touches.

Half joking, but I think Gates is done. Wouldn’t be surprised if Green has a better year. 

I may have picked with my heart because I am a Giants fan, but I took OBJ with my 8th pick over Gordon. I hope I don’t regret this. (Closing eyes). And then I took Hopkins with my 13th, so no RBs in first two rounds. Gulp!  

Im second guessing that call now. 

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I may have picked with my heart because I am a Giants fan, but I took OBJ with my 8th pick over Gordon. I hope I don’t regret this. (Closing eyes). And then I took Hopkins with my 13th, so no RBs in first two rounds. Gulp!  

Oh, you’re gonna regret it babe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Don't. Zigging when the masses are zagging is usually the right move.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Don't. Zigging when the masses are zagging is usually the right move.

I was hoping Hunt would be available when I picked 13, but he was taken at 12, so I wasn’t excited about  McCaffrey, Mixon, or DFreeman, so I went Hopkins at 13.

But, OBJ is my favorite player so I don’t mind rooting for my favorite player. Of course I will have one eye on Gordon too. 

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

I was hoping Hunt would be available when I picked 13, but he was taken at 12, so I wasn’t excited about  McCaffrey, Mixon, or DFreeman, so I went Hopkins at 13.

But, OBJ is my favorite player so I don’t mind rooting for my favorite player. Of course I will have one eye on Gordon too. 

Way too much arrogance by the general community on the necessity of taking RBs early. That's usually when the contrarian strategies work well.

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Way too much arrogance by the general community on the necessity of taking RBs early. That's usually when the contrarian strategies work well.

When you pick 8th and 6 of the first 7 guys are all RBs (tiers 1 and 2), you get a little concerned about the drop off from tier 2 to tier 3.

But, I did get two tier one WRs so I can rejoice in that.  

But like you, the back up in SD is getting a lot of love....I think MG will lose some carries this year to him. Like you or someone said, the backup has a better ypg average. 

4 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

I feel like the stars are aligning for a monster season. After the first tier of RB he seems like the best case to finish as the RB1 imo.

He honestly could be in the top tier.  Each year is an improvement.  He is a physical specimen.  Having Antonio Gates back for full-time blocking duties and an occasional target is going to be yuuuuge for our boy Gordo.  

6 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

He honestly could be in the top tier.  Each year is an improvement.  He is a physical specimen.  Having Antonio Gates back for full-time blocking duties and an occasional target is going to be yuuuuge for our boy Gordo.  

Gates rarely blocks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Depends on your scoring system.  I'm in 2 leagues where rushing TDs are worth more than receiving.  Running backs are crucial. 

5 hours ago, Mathew Berry said:

Saw this guy at DNBs last night... he's HUGE in person.

Good to know. Will move him up my rankings.

• Haha 3

Gordon is about to become a hurricane in the Atlantic. With the NFL season around the corner, this is obviously a sign from the powers that be.

1. Draft Melvin Gordon confidently with your first round pick and don't look back.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

When you pick 8th and 6 of the first 7 guys are all RBs (tiers 1 and 2), you get a little concerned about the drop off from tier 2 to tier 3.

But, I did get two tier one WRs so I can rejoice in that.  

But like you, the back up in SD is getting a lot of love....I think MG will lose some carries this year to him. Like you or someone said, the backup has a better ypg average. 

Ekeler was the second or third most efficient running back on a yards per touch basis last year, but only had 74 touches.

Wouldn't be surprised if he doubled that this year, but should get 100-125 for sure

Hard to call him fools gold when he has already been legitimate gold with no indication of anything to tarnish that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Del Rio said:

Gordon is about to become a hurricane in the Atlantic. With the NFL season around the corner, this is obviously a sign from the powers that be.

1. Draft Melvin Gordon confidently with your first round pick and don't look back.

I wasn’t going to but that font size and bold wording sold me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I wasn’t going to but that font size and bold wording sold me.

It is very convincing indeed. I think he's an absolute stud and primed for a huge year as well. He was vastly under drafted in my leagues. I think I got him mid to late  second round in 3 drafts.

3 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Ekeler was the second or third most efficient running back on a yards per touch basis last year, but only had 74 touches.

Wouldn't be surprised if he doubled that this year, but should get 100-125 for sure

He should get more than that considering he's an actual better runner and will average more than 3.9 yes a carry and break runs longer than 12 yards.

• Like 1

There are so many question marks around his running ability masked by his absurdly high volume that its beyond me how anyone can suggest him at his price now. And he is primed for a huge year? If anything, he will the wall. Chargers will eventually underStand that its about efficency and feeding Gordon with that absurd volume wont make them a SB contender rather 8 wins team..its probably their last chance (or last two) to win sth with Rivers..they wont hesitate..they won shiit when Gordon had career year last season..who did they beat last season? All-shiit teams. .Browns raiders jets giants bills Dallas and Denver..teams with all around problems...no Wonder why he had career year...who wouldNT. ..

Good luck this season..you wont see this absurd volume to fullfil your absurd expectations and absurd price

• Haha 1