FlashGordon401

Melvin Gordon 2018 Outlook

20 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

Drop Barber for Ekeler?  No thanks.   I'd rather have a starting RB that is a much stronger play in my flex or more attractive in a trade then have a guy that might be a little better than Barber if Gordon got hurt 

Tfw Ekeler is out-producing Barber with Gordon healthy

• Like 1

Hes been great, and I'm not doubting him as I took him in the 1st round, but I want to see what he does against a defense like the Rams. With any luck he'll have a decent game opening just enough of a buy-low window that I can land  me a top-5 RB in my other leagues. Especially the ones where i own Ekeler.

Edited by rigadoog

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Playing as expected.  Trending up the past three years...why stop now? 

He got injured yesterday, that would stop him, otherwise producing.

Just now, Dead Money said:

do we know anything about what it was yet?

I’m hoping no news is good news. I’m inclined to think if it was something serious to worry about we would have heard by now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

All I have seen so far:

Melvin Gordon injury update

Gordon had a massive first half in his matchup with the Bills, going off for three TDs. However, he was quiet in the second half, and part of the reason behind that was that he suffered a minor injury.ESPN's Eric Williams described it as an upper body injury, and the Chargers elected to keep Gordon out in the fourth quarter as a result.

This injury seems similar to Gurley's in that it's not major. The Chargers already had a big lead on the Bills, so there was no reason to risk Gordon's health moving forward. While his status bears monitoring, it certainly seems that he may have been able to return to the game had it been necessary.

Edited by oliminator123
  • Like 2

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

I’m hoping no news is good news. I’m inclined to think if it was something serious to worry about we would have heard by now. 

We def would have heard something if it was serious. At the moment just appears to be a ding. I expect him to play next week but obviously worth monitoring.

2 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Just saw Gordon interview. He described it as “upper body injury.” So I’m guessing minor as related to playing time.

5 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

I hope so. He's been amazing this year and I'm so glad people in both my drafts ignored him for more hyped up players.

Yuuup

Melvin Gordon III | Strained neck | Day-to-Day | Probable Week 3

Gordon was hit on the back of the helmet midway through the fourth quarter and stayed down before walking off. After he reached the sideline, he showed teammates how his head was driven down toward his chest. Gordon probably has a strain of one of the muscles around his neck, though a stinger cannot be ruled out entirely. Gordon did not return to the game, although it's likely the Chargers chose to be cautious with a double-digit lead. The medical staff will re-evaluate Gordon on Monday. There's a slim chance an MRI will be necessary and he will have to prove he's recovered enough to protect his neck in game conditions, but don't expect Gordon to miss time.

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2018-nfl-injury-rounds-monday-week03

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Nothing yet on Gordon?  No news is usually good news.

9 hours ago, mjb said:

Nothing yet on Gordon?  No news is usually good news.

He'll be fine.  Saw him bowling on the Chargers IG LOL.

• Like 5

Full participant in practice yesterday. He’s fine so fire him up, but temper expectations against this Rams D. I can see both Gordon & Ekeler having a nice day receiving like the Raiders backs did, but not much running room

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Full participant in practice yesterday. He’s fine so fire him up, but temper expectations against this Rams D. I can see both Gordon & Ekeler having a nice day receiving like the Raiders backs did, but not much running room

Gordon is projected to get 12 points this weekend...12...in a half ppr...

He could literally catch 6 for 80 in this game and that is 11 points right there. And maybe a garbage time reception TD. I get that he scored 3 TD's in the last game, but I guess it depends on Philip Rivers implosion against a good defense.

Stupid projection, man. 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Gordon is projected to get 12 points this weekend...12...in a half ppr...

He could literally catch 6 for 80 in this game and that is 11 points right there. And maybe a garbage time reception TD. I get that he scored 3 TD's in the last game, but I guess it depends on Philip Rivers implosion against a good defense.

Stupid projection, man. 

Projections never make sense. I swear they just assign random numbers to random players. They should not even exist on any websites. I understand rankings, but projections just need to go. 

Gordon should be a locked in RB1 every week, doesnt matter his opponent. His inclusion in the passing game is similar to Gurley and cannot be undervalued. 

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Projections never make sense. I swear they just assign random numbers to random players. They should not even exist on any websites. I understand rankings, but projections just need to go. 

Gordon should be a locked in RB1 every week, doesnt matter his opponent. His inclusion in the passing game is similar to Gurley and cannot be undervalued. 

Agreed. ESPN has “projections” and they are a waste of time. I always laugh when I hear, but I was “projected” to win. 

However, this year Espn started putting rankings that are very easily accessible. I find this much more helpful. Now, I still think it’s your team and you should go with your gut. (For example playing Watkins over Fitzgerald this week despite every ranker having it opposite. I just see them both having a low floor with Watkins having a higher ceiling). 

Bottom line. Ignore projections. Rankings helpful. Gordon this week. Temper expectations vs a rams defense. Usually think of him as a high end rb1. This week he’s probably more of high end rb 2/low end rb1. Much lower floor than usual for him, but hopefully he can find a way to score a td (or 2). Gotta love how involved he is in the pass game so far. 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

I think the best way to do projections is to take consensus projections across multiple sites and ignore the actual players attached to the projections (just the RB1 is projected for 18.5 points, the RB2 is projected for 17.5 points, etc). Then take your player rankings for the week (FantasyPros consensus rankings or whatever you choose to use) and bump that up against the projections by position rank.

Of course that takes a lot more work, but I believe it’s significantly more reliable than just taking a single site’s projection for a player. 

Edited by ff062018

ESPN has Melvin Gordon projected for 10.3 points @ Rams and David Johnson projected for 15.4 points vs. Bears in non-PPR, and yet Gordon ranked 5th and DJ ranked 7th. That’s just silly. 

Edited by ff062018

1 hour ago, ff062018 said:

ESPN has Melvin Gordon projected for 10.3 points @ Rams and David Johnson projected for 15.4 points vs. Bears in non-PPR, and yet Gordon ranked 5th and DJ ranked 7th. That’s just silly. 

Welcome to ESPN. Problem is the rankers are different from the projectors 

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Welcome to ESPN. Problem is the rankers are different from the projectors 

I think that’s a good thing. Gives you more diverse opinions. I also like that you see multiple peoples rankings at once.