The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2018 Outlook

I came close to,trading Odell, but I have a friend here who keeps insisting that I be patient here. I value his opinion even more than mine so I’m standing pat, watching and hoping Eli could look like Mahomes or even Watson this Sunday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I came close to,trading Odell, but I have a friend here who keeps insisting that I be patient here. I value his opinion even more than mine so I’m standing pat, watching and hoping Eli could look like Mahomes or even Watson this Sunday.

Lolol good luck with that

• Haha 3

Some of ya'll are crazy. OBJ has the 6th most targets out of all WRs in the league right now. He's one of the most gifted WRs in the league, Eli looks like dog poo and the Giants need to make plans to move on, but he's still a proven QB and will likely get better as the year progresses.

Anyone who's trading him for Lynch or Edelman, needs to give up in their leagues. Terrible value.

He's production has been there, despite the issues on the Giants, he's just missing the TDs. One 2 TD game and everyone is ranting and raving about how awesome this guy is. Always follow the targets/usage in fantasy, the production will follow.... be patient.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

Geno Smith > Eli Manning.

He deserved to get benched last year, he deserves to get benched this year.

Damn, I wish Geno Smith was backup QB. The backup is someone named Tanney. Is he any good and is there a slim chance Eli gets benched soon for him?

Giants should've signed Bridgewater .. sigh

• Thanks 1

maybe OBJ should  teach the rest of the team his celebration moves so they can have heart and energy?

I'm getting offered Mike Evans for OBJ and i'm so close to pulling the trigger but the only thing holding me back is that OBJ's Week 14-16 schedule looks better since Evans faces the Ravens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acidafterburn said:

I'm getting offered Mike Evans for OBJ and i'm so close to pulling the trigger but the only thing holding me back is that OBJ's Week 14-16 schedule looks better since Evans faces the Ravens.

A trade like that next week would get you an extra week of a top WR (since Evans will be done with his bye). 

I have an offer of Odell + Wentz for Gurley, in a 2QB league, but between it being Gurley and being scared of Odell's prospects this season, I haven't pulled the trigger. 

53 minutes ago, Corleone said:

A trade like that next week would get you an extra week of a top WR (since Evans will be done with his bye). 

Very good point about getting the bye week out of the way. Although I've had a lot of my other WR's outperforming OBJ. (My WR's being John Brown, Quincy Enunwa, Geronimo Allison, Demariyus Thomas, Mohamed Sanu). I think i'm about to do it why not.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I hate this matchup for OBJ, but I am going to remain patient. I like the fact he openly complained about the offense so we should probably expect 15 targets this week. 

4 hours ago, acidafterburn said:

No Brainer man, do it!!  Evans has a good QB, OBJ has ..

3 minutes ago, mjb said:

No Brainer man, do it!!  Evans has a good QB, OBJ has ..

I did it, no use in fretting over OBJ having a slightly better playoff schedule if I don't even make the playoffs haha.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Primed to explode. No one even in DFS podcasts mentioning him this week.

Still pretty expensive in DFS though (8K on DK, 3rd highest WR)

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Still pretty expensive in DFS though (8K on DK, 3rd highest WR)

Exactly why he'll be very low-owned.

• Like 1

This kid is the most talented wide receiver in the league, and maybe the most talented skill position player in the league. The volume is there, the TDs will come. Since we benched Flowers, the o-line is looking better. Eli was inaccurate this past week, but he will look better. As a Giants fan for 20 years, yea Eli isn't great, but he won't continue to overthrow routine dig routes. You will sorely regret if you sell Odell at lower than first round value. 

23 hours ago, acidafterburn said:

I did it, no use in fretting over OBJ having a slightly better playoff schedule if I don't even make the playoffs haha.

Eli was never great, but he was mostly good.

Now,

Eli is never good, and is mostly just an OBJ fantasy killer.

How’s that RB draft pick working out for you Giants?  Maybe he can throw OBJ the ball...

I had hopes that Saquan was going to open up the offense for OBJ after I found out that I auto-drafted OBJ in my league but it doesn't appear to have happened. I haven't really spent any time watching the Giants other than their one game against my team the Cowboys so I don't know what their problem is. I assume their OL play still isn't great which affects everyone else of course. For sure in the game against us Eli was running for his life most of the time.

Just have to keep starting him. I'm not thrilled with this situation. I'd like to think the Giants, who just paid him one-hundred-million-billion-dollars, are not thrilled either. 

All I got.

OBJ is getting a td today. . .and expect an endzone dance. . .book it!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

OBJ is getting a td today. . .and expect an endzone dance. . .book it!

I have my doubts this may happen too.  I think Eli will do all he can to force it. The problem is of course, Eli can’t buy time. I’m sure the Panthers will do all they can to prevent him looking down field for the great one. 

OBJ has 45, 6th most, targets this year. He's gonna produce eventually. Not worried. He's an elite catcher and will put up points no matter how bad Eli is. I just bought really low and I'm stoked about ROS. 

His sit-down with Josina Anderson, which for some reason had Lil Wayne to Beckham’s left, included Beckham openly expressing concerns about Beckham being outschemed.

As to whether the Giants have an issue at quarterback, Beckham said, “Uh, I don’t know.” Beckham also didn’t provide a quick and unconditional “yes” when asked if he’s happy in New York; Beckham said, “That’s a tough question.”

It’s a strange and bizarre development for a player who signed a new contract in August that included a $20 million signing bonus and $65 million in guarantees. If he wanted out (and apparently he does), Beckham could have done a lot of things other than take the team’s money.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/07/odell-beckham-interview-could-create-plenty-of-new-problems/

Dear OBJ,

Your team is 1-3 you don't give stupid interviews like this after your team gives you your biggest payday which locks you in as a franchise player and team leader.

Stop The Stupidity!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

His sit-down with Josina Anderson, which for some reason had Lil Wayne to Beckham’s left, included Beckham openly expressing concerns about Beckham being outschemed.

As to whether the Giants have an issue at quarterback, Beckham said, “Uh, I don’t know.” Beckham also didn’t provide a quick and unconditional “yes” when asked if he’s happy in New York; Beckham said, “That’s a tough question.”

It’s a strange and bizarre development for a player who signed a new contract in August that included a $20 million signing bonus and $65 million in guarantees. If he wanted out (and apparently he does), Beckham could have done a lot of things other than take the team’s money.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/07/odell-beckham-interview-could-create-plenty-of-new-problems/

Dear OBJ,

Your team is 1-3 you don't give stupid interviews like this after your team gives you your biggest payday which locks you in as a franchise player and team leader.

Stop The Stupidity!

Usually when he complains about not getting the ball enough they get him the ball more. I'm glad he called them out.