Corleone

Kirk Cousins 2018 Outlook

38 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Really thought Cap Kirk could sling better pigskin than this.  What's his deal?  Is he too short ?  He has weapons galore.  His OL worst in league?

What is going on with this dude? 

Not worst, but bottom 3.  Pitted against a vicious Seattle front, Kirk had no chance to operate in the pocket tonight.  Backup RT Hill against the likes of Frank Clark?  Good luck.

He’s been among the best in the game in the RZ this year - he missed some open men on his first of two trips there, which is unusual for him but understandable given such a hostile environment.

From my years of experience watching him as a Redskin, he seems to handle pressure very erratically.  Sometimes he looks wonderful throwing under pressure and sometimes he can’t hit anyone.  Also, when more is at stake in the game, he tends not to rise up to the challenge.  It’s odd, because he seems like someone who welcomes challenges and tries to display mental toughness both on and off the field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

The Hawks D played like 2012-14 today. I don't get it; the only guys I recognize are Wagner and Wright.

Maybe they were motivated in front of a raucous home crowd in a must-win (essentially playoff) game.  They’ve also been steadily improving throughout the season.

12 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Maybe they were motivated in front of a raucous home crowd in a must-win (essentially playoff) game.  They’ve also been steadily improving throughout the season.

Yeah the Hawks have been very solid on D since Seattle went to a run heavy approach.  But it is amazing how they can have so much talent exit and produce they way they are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

The Hawks D played like 2012-14 today. I don't get it; the only guys I recognize are Wagner and Wright.

Clark is great and the secondary has played well. Wagner is also in the DPOY conversation. While the defense isn’t what it was it’s still a very good defense. 

7 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Yeah the Hawks have been very solid on D since Seattle went to a run heavy approach.  But it is amazing how they can have so much talent exit and produce they way they are.

Another twist I noticed tonight during the game: they flooded the field with seven DBs on multiple plays.  Very unusual, including nickel Justin Coleman and folks I  honestly have never heard of.  At times eight defenders were in coverage.  Wagner was left sole responsibility for all flat/hook/curl routes throughout the intermediate zone.  Impressive courage on the part of Ken Norton, Jr., to try that.  It looks like the Vikes and Cousins were unprepared for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Another twist I noticed tonight during the game: they flooded the field with seven DBs on multiple plays.  Very unusual, including nickel Justin Coleman and folks I  honestly have never heard of.  At times eight defenders were in coverage.  Wagner was left sole responsibility for all flat/hook/curl routes throughout the intermediate zone.  Impressive courage on the part of Ken Norton, Jr., to try that.  It looks like the Vikes and Cousins were unprepared for it.

Wow.  Didn't get to watch the game.   As much as I don't like Seattle have to give respect to their defensive coaches.  Besides the second half of last year(due to injuries) they consistently put out a very good D.

• Like 1

i have been saying it for years, Kirk is Alex Smith -lite but takes a touch more risk on the deep ball.

Give him another season in the offense to see if he can take it to the next level. :mellow:

Smh i believed in him with the offensive weapons, you take Thielen away from him and he breaks down, never again.

7 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

New OC gonna shake things up enough to make a difference?

Yes. This offense will bounce back at home with the new OC. Too much talent to keep failing like this and Phins will be missing Howard. I doubt Dolphins will offer much resistance. Look for Cousins to have a similar game like he had versus the Pats a few weeks ago. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

All things considered with the crap o-line, and worthless running game, I'd say Kirk is playing damn well this season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chippa said:

All things considered with the crap o-line, and worthless running game, I'd say Kirk is playing damn well this season. 

Hard to live up to his contract no matter how he played unless they made playoffs/won division uncontested.

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Hard to live up to his contract no matter how he played unless they made playoffs/won division uncontested.

it's been 1 year thus far. Let's give it more than 1 season

Just now, Chippa said:

it's been 1 year thus far. Let's give it more than 1 season

Oh Im a fan of his and think he's a solid QB.  Way better than a lot of trash people trot out.

I was just saying from a media/fan perspective,  it will be hard to live up to that size of contract unless you get into the post season/win your division often.

QBs are unfairly criticized by their Win/Loss totals.

Just now, Zak0221 said:

Oh Im a fan of his and think he's a solid QB.  Way better than a lot of trash people trot out.

I was just saying from a media/fan perspective,  it will be hard to live up to that size of contract unless you get into the post season/win your division often.

QBs are unfairly criticized by their Win/Loss totals.

do you think minnesota wouldve been better off if they signed Keenum for cheap, and invested in their o-line? I think so. That line is the sole reason  why the team is "underperforming" 

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

do you think minnesota wouldve been better off if they signed Keenum for cheap, and invested in their o-line? I think so. That line is the sole reason  why the team is "underperforming" 

No Keenum was only good because he was playing for a contract.  He would been awful this year - see Denver. 

Just now, Zak0221 said:

No Keenum was only good because he was playing for a contract.  He would been awful this year - see Denver. 

maybe. I think Keenum in minny with a good o-line and the current minny weapons would have 1 or 2 more wins than they currently have. A bad o-line can hamstring an entire offense. Yea, Keenum isnt good, but Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Cook > Denver's weapons

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chippa said:

He’s playing like a scared rookie

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

He’s playing like a scared rookie

damn, that scared rookie has a better qb rating than Brady and Ben, with the 9th most td passes in the league, and 8th most passing yards. More guys need to play like scared rookies

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Yes. This offense will bounce back at home with the new OC. Too much talent to keep failing like this and Phins will be missing Howard. I doubt Dolphins will offer much resistance. Look for Cousins to have a similar game like he had versus the Pats a few weeks ago. 

:huh: