Flyers_28

Allen Robinson 2018 Outlook

What a waste of a dynasty pick. Wish he went back to Jacksonville 

On 11/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, urban2014 said:

What a waste of a dynasty pick. Wish he went back to Jacksonville 

Same here, I spent a 2nd rounder on him in a startup last season and outside of that one big game he has just been an albatross on my team. I understand his situation yesterday was not ideal with a backup QB and Darius Slay but the excuses continue to mount and ARob continues to be frustrating. He has essentially turned into a poor man's Amari Cooper.

I'm just gonna chalk up this season as somewhat lost for him and hope he bounces back next year. At the very least he is worth a look at for the LA Rams game as a WR3, if he can't get something good done that game I am shutting him down.

On 11/19/2018 at 7:13 AM, chrismikayla said:

Is this season an anomaly or is he wildly inconsistent? He’s got several games under 6 points this year.

He has been injured but I am beginning to think that he is never going to be an every week dependable WR1. He was fairly consistent in 2015 but that has been his only good season. Furthermore, a good chunk of his production came in garbage time that season as Jacksonville was pretty crappy. I just hope he is not turning into another Braylon Edwards.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Unbelievable how finicky some of you guys are. No patience...

There’s like 1-2 games left in the regular season of FF and Trubisky is injured. What are you waiting for? Next year?

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Robinson having 1500 yards in 2015 is the same as Pryor having 1000 a year later. It was the same situation, a miserable team down 2+ TD's every week and forced to throw, that player is never coming back, probably wasn't coming back before the injury and certainly isn't now. Having watched every Bears game this season it's apparent that this guy is a WR2 on an NFL team and more of a WR3 or flex for fantasy. He just doesn't have the wheels to consistently get open down the field. The Bears have invested alot in WR's both in free agency and the draft but are still lacking the true #1 WR that other teams in the division have.

43 minutes ago, RepoMan said:

Robinson having 1500 yards in 2015 is the same as Pryor having 1000 a year later. It was the same situation, a miserable team down 2+ TD's every week and forced to throw, that player is never coming back, probably wasn't coming back before the injury and certainly isn't now. Having watched every Bears game this season it's apparent that this guy is a WR2 on an NFL team and more of a WR3 or flex for fantasy. He just doesn't have the wheels to consistently get open down the field. The Bears have invested alot in WR's both in free agency and the draft but are still lacking the true #1 WR that other teams in the division have.

As a long term Robinson owner let's just hope this is because of injury and not skills. When you have Taylor "Sledgehammer" Gabriel outperforming you as a WR being paid as a #1 that is not good.

1 hour ago, RepoMan said:

As many here, ARIII was a draft pick of mine for no other reason than draft position. He was a "compromise" selection for me - I wanted to have at least a serviceable WR2. 

That's how fast WRs went off the board n my draft at least. Drafting Robinson was a fatal mistake - should have taken a 3rd RB or 2nd TE. 

9 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

There’s like 1-2 games left in the regular season of FF and Trubisky is injured. What are you waiting for? Next year?

No. I'm a playoff team. 

Not much discussion about Robinson. I just wanted to applaud the RW forum community - nothing to say. BUST.

49 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Maybe this week is a good time to start? 

If the Packers shadow him with Alexander it could be another disappointing day for ARob. 

On 12/12/2018 at 12:49 PM, RepoMan said:

If the Packers shadow him with Alexander it could be another disappointing day for ARob. 

Alexander has been solid, but not elite. I don't think he would be able to shut down Arob completely given how he has been playing the past few weeks. 

My guess is that Trubisky is back into the rhythm of things and Arob has a decent day and reaches the endzone once. 

12 minutes ago, RogerGoodell said:

Anybody optimistic for the SF matchup?

Might consider him if the KC backfield doesn't sort itself out

I have only medium confidence in Arob from a fantasy perspective. In real life he is playing good football, matching up against most teams top cornerbacks and making crucial, difficult catches. But in the redzone, Trubisky just has so many options that Arob isn't guaranteed a TD. In fact, numerous times this season, Miller has been the recipient of these redzone touchdowns. 

Trubisky will have a decent game, but not necessarily Arob. I actually consider him a td or bust this week in standard leagues, and WR3/flex play in  0.5 ppr. He's a safe play in full ppr. 

Sherman will likely be covering him. 

Edited by potatoetree

9 hours ago, webster slaughter said:

Richard Sherman still someone to worry about?

I'd be more worried about Arob just not being used like a WR1 in this spread it around offense. Sherman has lost a step but he is still a good corner. I'm not sure how much he actually shadows guys though, I seem to recall him typically just lining up on one side of the field.