thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Big test 1st week at LAC - I think the yardage and TDs will be there due to the nature of him just airing it out and all their weapons but he will certainly turn it over.  That Chargers pass rush is no joke and they have elite players at every level.

Agreed.  I think he delivers even in a tough matchup.

His connection to Hill looks very real to me.  Hill is on the record saying he's trying to model his game after AB.  I think I'm buying it.  If he becomes 3/4 what Brown is, look out.

Unproven Fact From Me #904378569043859038 - Patrick Mahomes is not Michael Vick, in any shape or form.  Right handed, Left Handed.  Dog lover, Dog fighter. ....wait....there is one similarity - they both wear some sort of headband / do-rag! 

Unproven Fact from Me proven unfactual!

I didn't take him as 1.  Took Luck late before that.

Got a guy who hasn't shown he can throw 20+ yards yet, paired w the biggest arm in the league.  Lol

Should be interesting.

13 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

anyone have him as their QB1.. in a 12 or 14 team league?

I did.

14 teams w 4 pt passing TDS.

another caveat: Roster requires 2 qbs at all times and I stashed Jameis for stupid cheap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nk3323 said:

I did.

It was him or Luck. I chose him bc of Luck's nightmare last year. Plus I have Hunt and Tyfreek...dis gon' be fun!

He's going to have some down games, but he's going to have some monster games too. My thinking is even his down games will be serviceable due to his aggressiveness and vast weaponry. Hope he runs a good bit too. 

guilty here

• Like 1

Add me to the growing list of people that drafted him as their QB1 (10 team league like timex).  I paired him with Garoppolo, so obviously I waited and went with an upside duo.

5 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Add me to the growing list of people that drafted him as their QB1 (10 team league like timex).  I paired him with Garoppolo, so obviously I waited and went with an upside duo.

Did the same.  Two upside picks.  In my 12 team with somewhat short benches there are still serviceable streaming options like Tyrod, Winston and Mariota.  If one of these guys looks too rough early on, I plan to grab Winston before he’s back from suspension.

With Winston’s ADP falling due to suspension, the Mahomes/Winston pairing is intriguing. While Winston is suspended Mahomes gets a few games to see what’s up. If he’s really struggling you switch to Winston when he comes back and hold onto Mahomes. Both offer great upside, and by seasons end you could have two fantastic options.

• Like 1

was planning on Watson across the board in all three leagues ... now, if he gets reached for before i'm comfortable, well, lookie here at ma'Homes.

seasons are always more interesting when ya take risks.  got that vibe. 

Since we're all going full CSB, lol, I paired Mahomes with Cam. 

3 hours ago, nk3323 said:

Add me to that list ! Pairing him with Tyrod who I think should be a fine starter until Mayfield takes over but by that time I feel Maholmes’ growing pains would mostly be over

Edited by RafiBomb

Would LOVE to have him as my QB but I have a feeling he will go waaaay above ADP in my league which is too steep for me sadly. I play with a few Tech fans (I am as well), and we're all pretty much obsessed with him.

He is my QB1 in a 10 team paired with Matt Ryan. I was shooting for Watson, he went in the forth which was too rich for me, then held off for Jimmy G who went in the sixth. At that point I played the waiting game and Took Mahomes in the 10th and Ryan in the 11th. 

• Like 1

I paried Mahomes with the waiver wire when I realized that Luck didn't get drafted.

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

With Winston’s ADP falling due to suspension, the Mahomes/Winston pairing is intriguing. While Winston is suspended Mahomes gets a few games to see what’s up. If he’s really struggling you switch to Winston when he comes back and hold onto Mahomes. Both offer great upside, and by seasons end you could have two fantastic options.

This is exactly what I did.  I don’t expect a great game against the Chargers pass rush but I’m patient.  I also took Hill to go all in.

Winston is getting his public shaming, but I expect him back as the starter.  Fitzpatrick isn’t a threat, regardless of coach speak.  If Winston wasn’t the man, he’d have been cut already.

I grabbed both for upside, both are top5 in offensive weapons with average (or worse) defenses.

Top 5 offensive weapons. Bottom 5 defense. Ultra-talented QB with A+ arm talent who loves to air it out. Over a year of Andy Reid's finest tutelage. I'm sold 100%!

And you all are pairing him? Unless your league is 16 teams or more, or 2 QB league, that's just not smart. Just roll with Mahomes and if he indeed struggles, there's always a Bradford, Dalton or Tannehill type QB available who has a top 10 season or is at least a good matchup play.

I have a gut feeling that Mahomes will turn into what everybody thought Watson would be this season. Watson's playmaking talent can't be denied. But their elite defensive front is back to full strength, so Watson won't have to air it out like during his amazing span last season. He will pass much less than Mahomes. Volume is king. Then compare their ADPs and I'm gonna take Mahomes each and every day.

• Like 1

My prediction: Mahomes is this year's NFL MVP.

From a fantasy standpoint, he's by far the best bargain.  Will easily perform well above his ADP.  This year's Carson Wentz.  No problem at all taking him as a QB1.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chardo said:

From a fantasy standpoint, he's by far the best bargain.  Will easily perform well above his ADP.  This year's Carson Wentz.  No problem at all taking him as a QB1.  

Think you're looking for the bold predictions thread. 

6 hours ago, frog34 said:

Top 5 offensive weapons. Bottom 5 defense. Ultra-talented QB with A+ arm talent who loves to air it out. Over a year of Andy Reid's finest tutelage. I'm sold 100%!

And you all are pairing him? Unless your league is 16 teams or more, or 2 QB league, that's just not smart. Just roll with Mahomes and if he indeed struggles, there's always a Bradford, Dalton or Tannehill type QB available who has a top 10 season or is at least a good matchup play.

I have a gut feeling that Mahomes will turn into what everybody thought Watson would be this season. Watson's playmaking talent can't be denied. But their elite defensive front is back to full strength, so Watson won't have to air it out like during his amazing span last season. He will pass much less than Mahomes. Volume is king. Then compare their ADPs and I'm gonna take Mahomes each and every day.

I’m an excited Mahomes owner too, but I could argue that rolling with an unproven, interception-prone, 2nd year QB with one start under his belt, and a backup plan of a grabbing a middling QB2 off the waiver wire is just not smart. I’d much rather have another  high upside QB like Winston on my bench as a backup plan instead of a relatively useless waiver wire fodder type RB/WR. If Mahomes is what we expect him to be, a guy like Winston can potentially be traded for another usable asset, or simply dropped for that kind of waiver wire RB/WR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chardo said:

Ha, I paired Mahones with Wentz, who was my keeper for a dollar. I do agree with your assessment as a QB1, but MVP might be a bit far...

8 hours ago, frog34 said:

Maybe Mahomes will be a top 10 QB this year, but taking an unproven, second-year QB as your only QB, imho, is "just not smart." I drafted Cam, and Mahomes will probably never start over him. But the value at which I was able to get PM was just too much, and I am in a keeper league. If he turns out to be as good as you think, then I may have a great late-round keeper for next year. And personally, you might not think it's smart to carry two QB, but I'd much rather carry two QB I believe in than be left sifting through the leftovers on waivers after an injury. How many playoff games do you trust Bradford, Dalton, or Tannehill to help you win? The rest of your team better be loaded if that's who you're running out there. But to each his own. You have your team-makeup philosophy, and I have mine. 

Edited by Flyman75