thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

His rushing will offset horrible passing games. He has a much higher floor than he’s getting credit for. 

13 hours ago, cs3 said:

I paried Mahomes with the waiver wire when I realized that Luck didn't get drafted.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Magoo said:

His rushing will offset horrible passing games. He has a much higher floor than he’s getting credit for. 

2 hours ago, Chardo said:

My prediction: Mahomes is this year's NFL MVP.

:ph34r:

if the KC defense is as bad as they looked in pre-season then Mahomes will be on the field a lot and I will regret that I didn't  acquire a single KC skills player.

So excited to field this guy as my #1 and only QB on my roster.

Draft is Sunday...so...I am barely sleeping these days.

Edited by dudewithabadcat

8 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

So excited to field this guy as my #1 and only QB on my roster.

IN.

zero qualms with riding bareback, either ... i look at it this way - Reid is trusting him to operate this offense to peak efficiency, and to maximize the talent around him ... he hand picked this kid, had him mentored last year behind a top 5 finisher in Smiff, and now feels confident enough to hand 'Homes the keys.  

if he's good enough for Reid, with soooooo much more on the line than our magick foosball squads, then yer damn straight he's goid enough for me. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

IN.

zero qualms with riding bareback, either ... i look at it this way - Reid is trusting him to operate this offense to peak efficiency, and to maximize the talent around him ... he hand picked this kid, had him mentored last year behind a top 5 finisher in Smiff, and now feels confident enough to hand 'Homes the keys.  

if he's good enough for Reid, with soooooo much more on the line than our magick foosball squads, then yer damn straight he's goid enough for me. 

More IN than how IN I was before.

We are 'Homes bros!!!!  Probably Hollister bros too but we will keep that hush hush at this point.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

IN.

This.

Team traded this year's 1st and a 3rd to move up and draft this guy #10 (ahead of Deshaun Watson).  Then after a year of mentoring, traded away their pro bowl QB and handed him the keys.  He's surrounded by some of the best talent of any team.  He will use his rocket arm to throw deep to two of the fastest players in the league.  If they drop back and give cushion, just get the ball to them short and let them run.  If they spread out, hit their all pro tight end up the seam.  Or just hand it off to the NFL rushing champion.  They have so many weapons, and a coach that knows how to put it all together.  To pass on this guy because we haven't seen him is to miss out on a stud.  We haven't seen him, but Reid knows what he sees and that's more telling than anything.  The upside is massive, and the price tag is pedestrian.  To draft a guy with legit top 5 potential around where the QB2's go is a rare opportunity.  As I said before, I honestly believe he will be in the mix for NFL MVP this year.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Chardo said:

My prediction: Mahomes is this year's NFL MVP.

From a fantasy standpoint, he's by far the best bargain.  Will easily perform well above his ADP.  This year's Carson Wentz.  No problem at all taking him as a QB1.  

NFL MVP? Did you start Friday a little early my friend? 

6 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

NFL MVP? Did you start Friday a little early my friend? 

I can't recall a first time starter stepping into a better situation as far as surrounding talent and coaching.  

Just now, Chardo said:

I can't recall a first time starter stepping into a better situation as far as surrounding talent and coaching.  

MVP is a little strong don't you think? 

I think MVP is pushing it but to each their own. Also, as stated earlier, with surrounding cast I personally think it would be harder for dude to finish outside the top 10 than to crack it. I’m thinking top 5 is well within reach though at a very low cost. 

2 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

I think MVP is pushing it but to each their own. Also, as stated earlier, with surrounding cast I personally think it would be harder for dude to finish outside the top 10 than to crack it. I’m thinking top 5 is well within reach though at a very low cost. 

I think he'll pile on the yardage but throw a ton of picks that will hurt his overall TD production. It takes time for 1st year QBs to get dialed in. He definitely has the tools though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

MVP is a little strong don't you think? 

Not when he leads the team to a division title.  All it will take is some magic moments to be in the discussion.  Upset win, huge game on national TV, last minute comeback, that kind of thing.  

1 minute ago, Chardo said:

Not when he leads the team to a division title.  All it will take is some magic moments to be in the discussion.  Upset win, huge game on national TV, last minute comeback, that kind of thing.  

Your assuming a lot. That could describe almost any QB in the league. 

• Like 1

After watching every single snap Mahomes has taken this preseason, I'm extremely confident in his ability to lead this offense. He can make every throw, with the right touch, and knows when to throw the ball away. Given the current state of the Chiefs D, I can see Mahomes being forced to throw 35-40x/game. The rushing upside is just the cherry on top.

I think ~4,500 total yards and ~30 total TDs is within reach for the young gunslinger.

6 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Your assuming a lot. That could describe almost any QB in the league. 

It's not an assumption, it's a prediction.  Feel free to make your own.  I predict Mahomes will throw for 4000 yards and 30 scores, win the division and flirt with a bye, and be in the MVP discussion.  

And more to the point of this discussion, even if he falls short, he's still a QB1 that can be had with the QB2's.  

On 8/31/2018 at 11:03 AM, Chardo said:

That’s great. If only there were already superstar QBs in good situations.

Add me to the QB1 club boys let's gooooooo

• Like 3

some guys really drinking the koolaid in this thread. Took mahomes after luck in my draft and i'll start him until (if?) luck gets 100%. I think the yards will be there with mahomes but so will the picks. 

Just drafted him paired with Big Ben. I am PUMPED for Mahomes after watching his preseason and knowing that Fat Andy can mentor QBS.

It will be a fun year here BUT is anyone rolling him out week 1? Not thrilled with his matchup on the road in LA. 

On 2/1/2018 at 6:42 AM, petekrum said:

The Chiefs are suddenly a much more dangerous team.

Ended up solidifying this guy as my only QB today in a 12 Team league.  Just watched "every throw" on the interwebs.  Dude has swagger, style, pocket patience, a cannon, and straight up skill.  They are way more dangerous.  

On 8/31/2018 at 11:05 AM, Magoo said:

This.  I believe this guy's floor is much much higher than most folks are anticipating.  Between Hill, Hunt, and Kelce - they can all take a screen pass and make some serious YPC and they can all stretch the field.   Mahomes is going to be able to not only dump and make serious yards but he is going to get the opportunity to try to out throw Tyreek booking up the field this year.  

So very excited about Mahomey