thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

17 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This.  I believe this guy's floor is much much higher than most folks are anticipating.  Between Hill, Hunt, and Kelce - they can all take a screen pass and make some serious YPC and they can all stretch the field.   Mahomes is going to be able to not only dump and make serious yards but he is going to get the opportunity to try to out throw Tyreek booking up the field this year.  

So very excited about Mahomey

I've been unsure of that part of his game...did he run much at college? He certainly looks the part of an athlete, would really help his game transcend to around elite levels if he can add rushing yardage and esp TDs!

13 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I've been unsure of that part of his game...did he run much at college? He certainly looks the part of an athlete, would really help his game transcend to around elite levels if he can add rushing yardage and esp TDs!

His yards per carry (which is calculated differently in college, mind you) is lower than Trubisky's and lower than Deshaun's in college. I think his athleticism is being overvalued a bit in terms of projected rushing stats, but he should be able to get you about 300 yards on the ground.

I took him 73 overall just before Kirk Cousins. I'm not just drinking the Kool-Aid, I'm injecting it straight into my veins. 

ALL ABOARD!!!

Edited by strumdrum
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jujuonthebeat said:

His yards per carry (which is calculated differently in college, mind you) is lower than Trubisky's and lower than Deshaun's in college. I think his athleticism is being overvalued a bit in terms of projected rushing stats, but he should be able to get you about 300 yards on the ground.

4.8 40. I'm here for the arm though.

3 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

Any good team names out there yet?

So far all I got is "This is My Homie, Patrick" *cringes*

Gross, lol.

How about Post Mahomes?

41 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

ima be stealing this for sure. Love me some post

Mahomes Don’t Play That!

A guy in my league came up with "Patomic Bombs."

For everyone wondering about his rushing stats, in college sacks are counted as rushing attempts so it's not worth reading into his YPC too much. He also had a pretty bad OL. He's not fast but is elusive and has great awareness when it comes to avoiding pressure. 3-4 rushing TDs is very possible.

20 minutes ago, drisser said:

For everyone wondering about his rushing stats, in college sacks are counted as rushing attempts so it's not worth reading into his YPC too much. He also had a pretty bad OL. He's not fast but is elusive and has great awareness when it comes to avoiding pressure. 3-4 rushing TDs is very possible.

excellent point on the skewed frat stat, and, let's remember, Reid gets awfully cute down around the stripe ... Smiff had himself some very productive outings - 'Homey doesn't need the greatest wheels to thrive with the FatMan.

21 hours ago, slothfantasy said:

Any good team names out there yet?

So far all I got is "This is My Homie, Patrick" *cringes*

Rollin' with Mahomies.

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone starting Mahomes against KC?

LOL, honest mistake I'm sure, but yes, I'm starting him against the Chargers in a superflex.

Edited by wonderbread

40 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone starting Mahomes against KC?

You mean Chargers, but no not this week. Personally I'm going with Mariota over him this week. Week 2 at Pittsburgh should be a solid week for Maholmes.

remember Ware's first game in '16?  Hunt last year?  

one thing about Andy, his brand new toy has been prepping for this opener all off season ... 'Homey has prolly watched more film of the Chargers than all of the other Chiefs combined ... i would say that this is the litmus test, and Reid has been scripting this one for months ... it just may be his best game of the year.

6 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Bro, I am starting Mahomes every week. 

i'm starting him on his bye week ...

I'm going to be Livin' or Dyin' with Mahomes every single week this season.

Eff it I don't care.  Buckling up and going to be enjoying the roller coaster.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

remember Ware's first game in '16?  Hunt last year?  

one thing about Andy, his brand new toy has been prepping for this opener all off season ... 'Homey has prolly watched more film of the Chargers than all of the other Chiefs combined ... i would say that this is the litmus test, and Reid has been scripting this one for months ... it just may be his best game of the year.

Agree.  I remember how much I was gripping about starting Hunt last year in that first game.....Figured the Patriots would be running away with the game and Hunt's game script would be terrible.  Well, sure didn't turn out that way.

I think it's very hard to be judging matchups in the first game of the season.  Frankly, I think the Chiefs defense is probably going to struggle, the Chargers will score points and we might see a shootout type game.  Heck, we might see the Chiefs in a lot of shootout type games.

I really like Mahomes this year.  I think the kid is talented and had a perfect situation to learn last year.  I could easily see a Wentz type season coming from him this year where he takes everybody by storm and tosses 30+ TD's.  He sure has the skill players around him to make it possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm starting him on his bye week ...

0 INTs, guaranteed. 

Limited upside, though.

Edited by JJ1223
  • Haha 2