thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

Ended up as my QB1 in two leagues, and one of them we are going raw-dog no condom.

Honestly, I don't see how he can be any worse than average.  He will have INTs, we all know this.  But what other QBs have weapons like he does?  Is there even anyone that compares?  He's got one of the best skill-player supporting casts I've maybe ever seen.  Plus he has running ability.  Plus he has the Red Walrus in his corner.  Guys, this is nearly a can't miss scenario.

God, please don't make me look like an idiot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Ended up as my QB1 in two leagues, and one of them we are going raw-dog no condom.

Honestly, I don't see how he can be any worse than average.  He will have INTs, we all know this.  But what other QBs have weapons like he does?  Is there even anyone that compares?  He's got one of the best skill-player supporting casts I've maybe ever seen.  Plus he has running ability.  Plus he has the Red Walrus in his corner.  Guys, this is nearly a can't miss scenario.

I've got him on my bench backing up Russell. Hoping I can trade Russ one of these weeks and stick with Mahomes. 

On 9/4/2018 at 10:40 AM, slothfantasy said:

Any good team names out there yet?

Pogue Mahomes.

You're welcome.

8 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Pogue Mahomes.

You're welcome.

more teef than Shane, better hands than Spider ...

• Like 1

have Mahomes and Luck.  im thinking Mahomes will my guy after a few games.  week 1 is tough vs SD 

I have him backing up Cousins, but I have a feeling I may end up playing whoever has the better matchup week-to-week. 

1 hour ago, p0k said:

I have him backing up Cousins, but I have a feeling I may end up playing whoever has the better matchup week-to-week. 

Sounds like a waste of your precious time and a giant headache.  Pick one or the other.  As they say, "play your studs."  So, who is your stud bro?  Is it Captain Kirk or Patrick I-Have-Giant Mahomes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Sounds like a waste of your precious time and a giant headache.  Pick one or the other.  As they say, "play your studs."  So, who is your stud bro?  Is it Captain Kirk or Patrick I-Have-Giant Mahomes?

I agree for the most part...just want to see Mahomes play a couple actual games before I proclaim him my QB

3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Also my QB1, felt like gambling this season. He plays my Team D this weekend which sucks, limits my upside but caps my down side I guess. 

When I saw his arm and how he uses his legs, I was sold. 

Clickity Clack, Clickity Clack, Hot Hand In The Dice Game!!

• Haha 2

Imo. The upcoming game against the Chargers has a good chance to be a shootout.  Chiefs have a bad d and the Chargers secondary is banged up. 

2 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

Imo. The upcoming game against the Chargers has a good chance to be a shootout.  Chiefs have a bad d and the Chargers secondary is banged up. 

There is a good chance that a QB with a 'yuge arm that can outthrow Hill and Watkins, that has a great TE and receiving RB to dump, and has legs like a gazelle - there will be points no matter who the Chiefs play.

Edited by dudewithabadcat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

There is a good chance that a QB with a 'yuge arm that can outthrow Hill and Watkins, that has a great TE and receiving RB to dump, and has legs like a gazelle - there will be points no matter who the Chiefs play.

I hope you're right 

Dropped my backup plan tonight. Let’s go! All in on the kid this season

If QB's weren't priced so cheaply in ESPN auction I'd have this guys in more leagues. People underrate his rushing ability and he's got a Favre gunslinger mentality with the right weapons/coach to work with. I wouldn't be surprised if he finished as a top 6 QB this year. 

If possible, pair him with Goff. You’d be rolling in upside and could safely watch Goff destroy the hapless Raiders week 1, while safely analyzing how Mahomes did against LAC from your bench. 

• Like 1

I am going to roll out Mahomes week 1 vs SD over Luck.  Reid has had a lot of time to script this and even though SD has a great looking D , Reid had a lot of success against them and with the changes on KCs D, I am expecting a shoot out.  Too many weapons for Mahomes to flunk.  He may not put up elite numbers this game but he will get you points.  

Edited by RUGOO

22 hours ago, p0k said:

That definitely doesn’t sound like a recipe for neurosis.

22 hours ago, p0k said:

im in the same situation. Gonna start cousins the first 2 weeks probably, but if mahomes does alright then I may just trade cousins (assuming his value hasn't dropped a ton)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

if mahomes does alright then I may just trade cousins (assuming his value hasn't dropped a ton)

You think you're going to be able to trade a barely average fantasy QB after 2 weeks?

29 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

im in the same situation. Gonna start cousins the first 2 weeks probably, but if mahomes does alright then I may just trade cousins (assuming his value hasn't dropped a ton)

18 minutes ago, cs3 said:

You think you're going to be able to trade a barely average fantasy QB after 2 weeks?

Cousins has the benefit of perhaps the best defense in the NFC ... not many shootouts on the horizon, Minny D is no joke - Shatner gonna have the cue in the rack come fourth qtr of quite a few tackle foosball contests ...  

'Homes?  well, the Chiefs D appears to be swiss cheez - plenty of shootouts on the horizon, and the kid is gonna rack up points by the bushel - he'll likely be chuckin'  'til the final whistle in every game. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, swetooth9 said:

Got unfavorable matchups this week for both Jimmy G and Mahomes. Yuck. 

I have both those QB's too....I'm, wait for it....rollin' with Mahomies. I'm just hoping it's a high scoring game and Mahomes is forced to air it out. Jimmy G vs that scary Minny D makes me think it could be a low scoring affair for the 49er's.

29 minutes ago, cs3 said:

You think you can read the minds of every team in my league and their current QB situation?