thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Rolling out there in two leagues; bareback

Always risky, but if the subject is hot enough, it'll cause us to throw caution to the wind.

Right there with ya.  Hoping we get out of this without needing to see a doctor...

Printing off

MaHomes Don't Play That 

T shirts for the team store as we speak. 

Time to start making some money here !! :D

33 minutes ago, CooL said:

Always risky, but if the subject is hot enough, it'll cause us to throw caution to the wind.

Right there with ya.  Hoping we get out of this without needing to see a doctor...

i hope we have to see a doctor cause we are making lots of babies....that is big fat 40+ point babies.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Printing off

MaHomes Don't Play That 

T shirts for the team store as we speak. 

Time to start making some money here !! :D

I said it first!

12 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Anybody starting him with confidence this week? Even though it’s a tough matchup?

I'm not overly confident but it seems with the QB landscape being what it is, there aren't many I would have true confidence in any given week. I mostly am buying into Mahomes' upside more than anything.

5 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I'm not overly confident but it seems with the QB landscape being what it is, there aren't many I would have true confidence in any given week. I mostly am buying into Mahomes' upside more than anything.

not a bad buy i mean if you have Hunt-Kelce-tyreek going in the top 10 of their respective positions and then you throw in an upside player like watkins, the QB should finish in the top 12

7 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I’m okay with starting less because of him and moreso Andy Reid’s dominance over the Chargers. Plus Bosa isn’t healthy and it sets up as a shootout. 

Remember the running yards are likely alone to offset turnover points.

• Thanks 1

I only like rostering 1 qb in 12 team leagues to hold ever upside rb (like clement  conner bernard ekeler types) and upside wr(allison, john ross john brown types) so in leagues I drafted I am going with mahomes. If I get 275 yards passing 25 yards rushing 2 passing tds 2 turnovers I will live with that for week 1. I doubt he goes crazy like 350 yards and 4 tds but the chargers home fanbase has never been a great homefield advanage. I remember last year hunt had a few big runs and it was kind of a low scoring game in LA early in the season. 24 to 10 advantage to the chiefs. If Rivers only scores 10 points against this god awful defense then I do not know what to say for Rivers. Chiefs owned rivers in both matchups last year fwiw. But since this is a Mahomes thread I trust in him and will give him a 4 week audition as my qb1 (unless he gets injured before I start considering streaming) unless he has a nathan peterman 2017 type performance which I give less than a 1 percent chance of happening. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slothfantasy said:

You think you can read the minds of every team in my league and their current QB situation? 

Yes.

• Haha 1

All I ask of you Patrick:

1) Don't turn the ball over

2) Consistently carry offensive drives into opponent territory

3) Stall out around the 30 yard line so I can get some field goals

Sincerely,

Butt kicker owner

Looking like Bosa will be out for week 1, big boost for Mahomes. I am just incredibly torn on what to do right now. Have Mahomes and Chargers D, dropped Clement this morning to grab Dalton but now I'm thinking of rolling with Mahomes and picking up another D

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Looking like Bosa will be out for week 1, big boost for Mahomes. I am just incredibly torn on what to do right now. Have Mahomes and Chargers D, dropped Clement this morning to grab Dalton but now I'm thinking of rolling with Mahomes and picking up another D

Rolling Mahomes out over Russell Wilson. 

He looked good in the preseason and his offensive cast is top 5 across the NFL. Writing on the wall for him to be at least serviceable. I think his floor this season is pretty high compared to other QB's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Rolling Mahomes out over Russell Wilson. 

He looked good in the preseason and his offensive cast is top 5 across the NFL. Writing on the wall for him to be at least serviceable. I think his floor this season is pretty high compared to other QB's. 

I have the same qb tandem. Leaning Mahomes as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TTo34 said:

All I ask of you Patrick:

1) Don't turn the ball over

2) Consistently carry offensive drives into opponent territory

3) Stall out around the 30 yard line so I can get some field goals

Sincerely,

Butt kicker owner

You must be fun at parties

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, stay_woke said:

I’m playing both.  It’s sort of a hedge. If mahomes plays a stinker, it seems most likely to be due to TOs, which would be a boost to the Chargers D.  Mahomes could play lights out and the chargers D still be a serviceable D with some sacks, ST TD, or fumbles from other players.  Hard to see a scenario where Mahomes tanks AND chargers D tanks.  At least, that’s how I’m playing it.

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah seriously, who comes in here to talk about their Kicker??

Why so serious?

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah seriously, who comes in here to talk about their Kicker??

My kicker has Foles moving the offense : (

Now there are two people : )

5 hours ago, tim14125 said:

I have the same qb tandem. Leaning Mahomes as well.

All I need is one 75 yard TD to Hill and I’m good.

I will be starting both...

2 hours ago, FeastMode said:

I’m playing both.  It’s sort of a hedge. If mahomes plays a stinker, it seems most likely to be due to TOs, which would be a boost to the Chargers D.  Mahomes could play lights out and the chargers D still be a serviceable D with some sacks, ST TD, or fumbles from other players.  Hard to see a scenario where Mahomes tanks AND chargers D tanks.  At least, that’s how I’m playing it.

I love the Chargers D this year and have a lot of shares.

That said, their run defense is a problem. 

Nightmare scenario, if starting both Mahomes and LAC, is if the pass D shuts Mahomes down but let's Hunt run all over them.

Won't necessarily happen, but it's a definite possibility. 

2 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I love the Chargers D this year and have a lot of shares.

That said, their run defense is a problem. 

Nightmare scenario, if starting both Mahomes and LAC, is if the pass D shuts Mahomes down but let's Hunt run all over them.

Won't necessarily happen, but it's a definite possibility. 

I'm starting the Chargers D vs Mahomes. 

I have no other choice aside from starting Carr vs Rams. 

My opponent is a slight dog so I'm just gonna roll the dice. 

Gisecki feels like he could take off. 

Bold week 1 call 

Mahomes has the biggest arm with the shortest memory I've seen since Favre

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Anyone all in on him tomorrow with Bosa out tomorrow for Chargers? Think game has shootout potential

Someone earlier in this thread said he was going  “Raw dog, no condom”.  It’s a risky season long proposition but I think has the potential for great reward. I expect a lot of turnovers but also a gunslinger mentality in this high-powered offense with great skill position players. If you are all in, you can drop your back up QB for a high upside lottery ticket. Once the season starts, if he doesn’t look like the real deal, you can always go back and pick up Tyrod or somebody equivalent.