thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

That look on Rodgers face was not very optimistic...

What does that have to do with Mahomes? 

10 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

lol I know just trying to bust your balls.

ahh touche

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

How do you guys think he does at Pittsburgh next week?

Real good

• Like 3

This guy is an auto-start.  His connection with Hill is amazing, that should be enough alone.  He threw 4 TDs (2 cheap gimmes but who cares) and Kelce wasn't even involved at all in the game.  When they get it together, watch out!

I agree about the comment about him not knowing how to finish a run.  He looks awkward.  Took a huge hit around the goal line, and then another one going the other direction when he kind of folded over as he hit the ground.

• Like 1

That game was basically just Hill dominating. That’s scary because Kelce, Watkins, and Hunt really didn’t do much. I think I’m comfortable setting and forgetting at this point. Depends on your other options, but aside from the top 3-4 guys I think this guy is right there to auto start.

The question to all of you auto-start bros....did you start him this week?  I'm a bareback warrior - living or dying on the wings of Mahomie.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

The question to all of you auto-start bros....did you start him this week?  I'm a bareback warrior - living or dying on the wings of Mahomie.

Nope, started Rivers instead.  Got 2.7 more points because of it.  Will probably be rolling out Rivers again week 2, but I am looking forward to lots of productive weeks from Mahomes in my lineup this year.  His performance was thrilling!  KC is going to be a very exciting team to watch this season. 

13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Isn't that the definition of auto-start?  I started him.  I went bare as well.  Can always pick up a Tyrod, Eli, or even now Flacco or Fitz type to fill his week 12 bye.

6 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Nope, started Rivers instead.  Got 2.7 more points because of it.  Will probably be rolling out Rivers again week 2, but I am looking forward to lots of productive weeks from Mahomes in my lineup this year.  His performance was thrilling!  KC is going to be a very exciting team to watch this season. 

Mahomes outscored Rivers in my league scoring format.  But Rivers is a good fallback to have.  I've always felt in even 12 and 14 team leagues that keeping a backup QB is a waste of roster space.  Many do it just to be covered for injury.  But that guy will almost always sit on your bench.  Unless of course, you are rostering two of Tyrod and Eli and you're going to be playing matchups.  But QB is so deep that I doubt anybody is relying on those guys in 1 QB leagues as their starter.

Should be a shoot out in Pitt next week. 

[Removed Cool Story]

Ride him till he messes up. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

12 hours ago, tim14125 said:

How do you guys think he does at Pittsburgh next week?

As a Pittsburgh fan with a little bit of self-awareness about his team....Start with Extreme Confidence.  

I am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Yes.  What a fun player to own too.  My greed wish I had the Mahomes - Hill stack though, especially on that shovel pass.

Edited by Magoo

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Mahomes outscored Rivers in my league scoring format.  But Rivers is a good fallback to have.  I've always felt in even 12 and 14 team leagues that keeping a backup QB is a waste of roster space.  Many do it just to be covered for injury.  But that guy will almost always sit on your bench.  Unless of course, you are rostering two of Tyrod and Eli and you're going to be playing matchups.  But QB is so deep that I doubt anybody is relying on those guys in 1 QB leagues as their starter.

I also started Rivers and he tied or outscored Mahomes in my ESPN standard league format. I have both and picked them in back to back rounds. No reason not to roster two QBs in my standard league because of the roster limits to RB/WR.

I like Mahomes' floor with the rushing attempts. But he definitely won't be scoring 4 TDs like that every week. I'm still amazed teams aren't looking out for those shovel passes at the GL with Reid's teams. He has been doing it forever.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:46 AM, Chardo said:

My prediction: Mahomes is this year's NFL MVP.

From a fantasy standpoint, he's by far the best bargain.  Will easily perform well above his ADP.  This year's Carson Wentz.  No problem at all taking him as a QB1.  

I know it's only 1 game so far, but I'll just leave this here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chardo said:

Wasn't the Chargers D/ST supposed to be good this year? Or are those just the voices in my head...

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Wasn't the Chargers D/ST supposed to be good this year? Or are those just the voices in my head...

Good enough for me to have drafted them...

But take away Bosa and it changes everything. 

• Thanks 1

I have him along with Stafford, should be a good pairing for the year.  Although last year I had Smith and Rivers and seemed like I played the wrong one each week, hopefully better luck this year

19 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Don’t you screw thid up for both of us.

Still debating if I should start him this week. 

pretty impressed the way he balled out tho.