thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

In a 12 team league with decent options on waivers anyway, holding on to a second QB could end up resulting in missing out on a great waiver wire pick up. I understand not wanting to overreact but if he's dominating the Chargers D that bad (yes I know they had some injuries) I am reasonably confident in his rest of season outlook to trade away a decent QB like Wentz in order to get one of my early season trade targets before they explode and become untradeable to their owners. The chiefs D will be one of the worst in the league and I expect a lot of shootouts this year.

Shootouts mean nothing if the QB doesn't perform. He looked great week 1, but he also only completed 55% of his passes, 2 of which were 1 yard shovel passes for touchdowns. 

I'm just saying be careful. I think Mahomes has all the tools in the world, and honestly their really are no great waiver wire adds right now. 

4 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Shootouts mean nothing if the QB doesn't perform. He looked great week 1, but he also only completed 55% of his passes, 2 of which were 1 yard shovel passes for touchdowns. 

I'm just saying be careful. I think Mahomes has all the tools in the world, and honestly their really are no great waiver wire adds right now. 

Shootouts = more opportunities. More opportunities = more points. Personally, completion percentage has no impact on how I value a QB. As long as the passes they are missing on aren't INTs then i'm fine with 55-60% completion

• Like 1

Stillers are really hurtin' in the secondary, and just ceded 24 magick foosball pts. to TyGawd ...

highest o/u on the board: 52.5

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Stillers are really hurtin' in the secondary, and just ceded 24 magick foosball pts. to TyGawd ...

highest o/u on the board: 52.5

Is their secondary banged up or are they just bad?

8 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

Is their secondary banged up or are they just bad?

both starting CBs are gimpy ... Burns is listed as questionable, Haden as doubtful. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

both starting CBs are gimpy ... Burns is listed as questionable, Haden as doubtful. 

Fire him up

Edited by tim14125

I,ve been talking this guy up and I don't know what's taking me so long, but I've finally decided to play him over Rivers.  Putting him in my lineup and leaving him there all year.  Mahomes is a SUPERSTUD!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joebaker23 said:

An unreal performance. Enjoy the ride Mahomes owners. This man and this KC offense is legitimate.

Only person I don't trust in this offense is Hunt at this point. He got the reception touchdown but he isn't getting the yardage. But it is Andy Reid after all. Next week Mahomes could have 1 touchdown and Hunt 3-4.

Andy Reid finally has his aaron rodgers/tom brady. The kid is that good. REminds me of watson 2017. Hopefully this kid does not get hurt like watson did last year. I own some shares and hate not owning more. For those wait on qb crowd do not wait too long. Chicag really screwed up drafting mitch over mahomes and watson. 

I have both Rodger and Mahome and feel like a crazy person for wanting to start Mahomes next week. This offense is unbelievably stacked. 

2 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I have both Rodger and Mahome and feel like a crazy person for wanting to start Mahomes next week. This offense is unbelievably stacked. 

Out with the old, in with the new!

Just makes it look so easy. There really isn't any weakness to this offense, and they put so much pressure on defenses because of Hill's speed. They can't stack against Mahomes because Hill and co will torch them deep. The most dangerous offense are the ones that make you defend every inch of the field every play, and they do it as well as any offense of recent memory.

My only worry is this team getting up on opponents so fast they pull Mahomes. Even with a poor defense. 

1 minute ago, Squats&Milk said:

My only worry is this team getting up on opponents so fast they pull Mahomes. Even with a poor defense. 

But to do that they would have to score points...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

But to do that they would have to score points...

Not all points go to QBs...

...do you like it when your players get pulled?

Their defense is so bad it won’t matter. Teams will easily mount comebacks and they will always need more points. 

• Like 1

I was impressed with Luck week 1. But benched him in both leagues. Started Mahomes. And Watson in the other. 

Mahomes seems like Watson from last season. Whomever waited and got him late, kudos! He's showing off and arm strength and touch that rivals Rodgers. 

Please stop comparing this kid to Watson.

Watson is a "throw the ball in the air and hope someone comes down with it" reckless QB.

Mahomes is showing pin-point accuracy, an insane arm, and great decision making.

Watson cost his team tons of games last year because of his lack of care when throwing the ball, which is why he had so many INT's. Not to mention Watson looks like a dumpster fire this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Please stop comparing this kid to Watson.

Watson is a "throw the ball in the air and hope someone comes down with it" reckless QB.

Mahomes is showing pin-point accuracy, an insane arm, and great decision making.

Watson cost his team tons of games last year because of his lack of care when throwing the ball, which is why he had so many INT's. Not to mention Watson looks like a dumpster fire this year.

The dumpster fire got me 21 points.

You sure you are looking at fantasy points?

Edited by PizzaBeerFF

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

The dumpster Firefox me 21 points.

You sure you are looking at fantasy points?

Congrats, he got you some fantasy points. I was speaking in terms of real life quarterback.

• Like 1

Wow, let's enjoy the ride.  NFL record 10 TDs after two games.  Only needed 23 of 28 passes to get 6 TDs, while still outscoring Big Ben who threw it an unbelievable 60 times.  I love that their defense isn't good and sets up potential shootouts weekly.  He's the early frontrunner for fantasy MVP.  And real life MVP assuming the team keeps winning.

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wow, let's enjoy the ride.  NFL record 10 TDs after two games.  Only needed 23 of 28 passes to get 6 TDs, while still outscoring Big Ben who threw it an unbelievable 60 times.  I love that their defense isn't good and sets up potential shootouts weekly.  He's the early frontrunner for fantasy MVP.  And real life MVP assuming the team keeps winning.

The best part is I saw his mechanics. Kid throws a tight spiral and is not afraid at all to rely on his arm. And he isn't dumb evidently. Huge win for those that drafted him and picked him up.