thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Shields got his chance and he showed he is still a top corner in this league. And they have peters that should be back at some point. The overall D of the Rams isn't even comparable to the chiefs.

What’s this got to do with Mahomes? 

Love Sam Shields and I agreed 100%, but his injury history isn’t exactly stellar.

And if Oko doesn’t come in and dominate off the edge, it could end up being a long season for our secondary, regardless of whose back there. 

We are dead last in sacks. That’s a problem.

Just now, k1ng said:

What’s this got to do with Mahomes? 

Go back one page. Comparison between Goff vs mahomes rest of the season.

2 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

I think Kelce came up with that garbage name. He needs to be shot for that. Could come up with anything better? :lol:

Have you ever heard Kelce speak?  I'm not sure he's capable of spelling his own name, let alone coming up with a clever nickname for someone else.  

SHOWTIME.jpg

But during Thursday’s preseason finale, Mahomes was asked about a nickname and he said it’s “ShowTime.”

“I like ‘ShowTime,’” Mahomes told sideline reporter B.J. Kissel. “That’s what I had growing up, so let’s stick with that one.”

Source

Showtime Mahomes is a terrible nickname.  Is it a reference to Magic's Lakers?  Is it referencing the pay channel Showtime?  Seems like you could have much cooler nicknames when your last name is Mahomes.

• Like 1

Member when Mahomes had 8 int's in preseason walkthroughs? I member. 

Boy does Andy Reid look like a genius now. Kid just needs to avoid injury like what happened to Watson last year. Everybody is talking about how far he can throw it, but what shocks me is how hard he can throw it. I don't think I've ever seen someone throw a football faster.

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

Have you ever heard Kelce speak?  I'm not sure he's capable of spelling his own name, let alone coming up with a clever nickname for someone else.  

What are you talking about? He seems perfectly normal to me....shrug

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maxim730 said:

Jax D next week!!

Should be interesting, but I'm not sure anyone can keep Mahomes down for the whole game.  We'll see.

2 hours ago, TennisDude said:

What are you talking about? He seems perfectly normal to me....shrug

Yeah, he seems normal there.  All of the other times I've heard him talk he's sounded like an airhead.  Maybe he just turns it on and off depending on the situation.  

Showtime sucks. Mahomes is looking like he’ll average 3 touchdown passes a game this season. And for that, I will call him...Hat trick Mahomes. Or, ya know, Patrick Star.

whatever, both of those are better than showtime

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Showtime sucks. Mahomes is looking like he’ll average 3 touchdown passes a game this season. And for that, I will call him...Hat trick Mahomes. Or, ya know, Patrick Star.

whatever, both of those are better than showtime

Can't put the genie back in the bottle on this one.  That ship has already sailed.  It's SHOWTIME, for better or worse.

Just now, TTo34 said:

Can't put the genie back in the bottle on this one.  That ship has already sailed.  It's SHOWTIME, for better or worse.

What about HBO Mahomes? or Starz Mahomes?

7 hours ago, TTo34 said:

SHOWTIME.jpg

But during Thursday’s preseason finale, Mahomes was asked about a nickname and he said it’s “ShowTime.”

“I like ‘ShowTime,’” Mahomes told sideline reporter B.J. Kissel. “That’s what I had growing up, so let’s stick with that one.”

Source

Don't care if he said his nickname was ThunderGod69420XXX. If it is a bad nickname I won't use it. 

I don't know what this Mahomes problem is.

Where does he get off.

Doesn't he know I need to win by 40 points and not just 20.

I guarantee this is why he's Showtime and I'm cool with it...

next generation of QBs with pro offense rules -  NFL looks fine, all according to plan. 

You know this guy is a monster when the only thing people are complaining about is his nickname. 

• Like 1

To me that was his most difficult match up. At home against the Jags isn’t ideal but he showed he should put up 20 regardless of matchup or game script.

1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

next generation of QBs with pro offense rules -  NFL looks fine, all according to plan. 

Not to get too off topic but it's killing the game IMO.

It's so easy to score now that it's not nearly as exciting to see points put up. Defenders are scared to hit the QB and scared to touch WRs. ******** Trubisky threw 6 TDs and he sucks. 

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Not to get too off topic but it's killing the game IMO.

It's so easy to score now that it's not nearly as exciting to see points put up. Defenders are scared to hit the QB and scared to touch WRs. ******** Trubisky threw 6 TDs and he sucks. 

Neither Trubisky nor Mahomes benefitted from the new rule, so I fail to see your point. 

Bucs awful defense barely came close to touching Trubisky, and Mahomes movement behind the LOS last night was absurd, but he was still hit multiple times. 

Edited by oliminator123
  • Like 1