thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

Honestly you can't sit him. The Broncos nearly killed him and he put up good numbers. Streaming has been quite average this season, with some hits but also lots of misses. So unless you have another week in week out QB1, stay true to Showtime Mahomes!

11 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Just a reminder. He is really really special... against Oklahoma with Baker n Mixon

He would’ve had like 70 fantasy points if fantasy points were counted

The Bears passed this up for Trubisky. Ahahahahhahahahahahhahahahha

21 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

The Bears passed this up for Trubisky. Ahahahahhahahahahahhahahahha

The Bills were the team that traded KC that #9 #10 pick, that might be even worse

that being said, still a lot of time for both Trubisky and Allen

Edited by lolcopter

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

The Bills were the team that traded KC that #9 #10 pick, that might be even worse

that being said, still a lot of time for both Trubisky and Allen

And Bears also passed on Watson. As did Cleveland which traded out of the Watson pick. Still way too early to make any declarations though. Usually takes 2-3 seasons.

• Like 1

I know this is not fantasy related.  But does anyone else think they’ve completely blown the left handed “pass” out of proportion?   

I mean I’m 43 and I’m pretty sure I could shot put a football five yards with my left hand.   Granted Von Miller was draped on him.  But still.  This is a professional athlete.  Throwing a football 5 yards with your off hand should not be this earth shattering.  

23 minutes ago, poofinger said:

I know this is not fantasy related.  But does anyone else think they’ve completely blown the left handed “pass” out of proportion?   

I mean I’m 43 and I’m pretty sure I could shot put a football five yards with my left hand.   Granted Von Miller was draped on him.  But still.  This is a professional athlete.  Throwing a football 5 yards with your off hand should not be this earth shattering.  

I dont think this is blown out of proportion at all. You have Von Miller a future hall of fame tracking you down from behind close to your right arm. He knew that if he threw with his right it would get knocked out, and he had to switch to his left on the run and throw at 10-15 yard pass with his off hand while falling. It is more so the fact that his mind processed it all so quickly and pulled it off which is so impressive. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, poofinger said:

You can't be serious. Do you see it happen often? 

Edited by oliminator123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

You can't be serious. Do you see it happen often? 

We never saw a one handed catch.  Now high school kids are doing it on YouTube.  

I really dont think it’s that big of a deal.  

Sorry. 

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

Honestly you can't sit him. The Broncos nearly killed him and he put up good numbers. Streaming has been quite average this season, with some hits but also lots of misses. So unless you have another week in week out QB1, stay true to Showtime Mahomes!

This is the ONE week out of ANY week I think I might sit him. I have this feeling in my gut. I usually play him regardless of the matchup because he's a beast. But he's facing the toughest defense in the league this week. And I'm sure the Jags watched that Denver game lol. Im about to flip a coin lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poofinger said:

We never saw a one handed catch.  Now high school kids are doing it on YouTube.  

Sorry. 

I'm with ya. They were acting like he was the second coming of Jesus during the MNF broadcast. Welcome to football, where using your off hand is INSANE. Next time Lebron makes a lefty layup, I'M GOING TO FLIP OUT :)

20 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I'm with ya. They were acting like he was the second coming of Jesus during the MNF broadcast. Welcome to football, where using your off hand is INSANE. Next time Lebron makes a lefty layup, I'M GOING TO FLIP OUT :)

Different sports...people are unbelievable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kball09 said:

They were acting like he was the second coming of Jesus . . .

How do you know he isn't?  Would you recognize the savior if he appeared to you?

Mahomes_is_Risen-1.jpg.0bca2e53c97d166acd9a3b9c0c3b0ef4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mitch44 said:

I dont think this is blown out of proportion at all. You have Von Miller a future hall of fame tracking you down from behind close to your right arm. He knew that if he threw with his right it would get knocked out, and he had to switch to his left on the run and throw at 10-15 yard pass with his off hand while falling. It is more so the fact that his mind processed it all so quickly and pulled it off which is so impressive. 

aaaaaand this is why you don't bench this beast ... eff that, i am barebackin' this kid come the hell or the high water - BANK. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Different sports...people are unbelievable. 

Different sports, same motor functionality. Mahommes is obviously a badass, but the reaction to that play was a bit overboard. He switched hands and pushed the ball to a wide open receiver. Let's allllll just calm down here.

Just now, kball09 said:

Different sports, same motor functionality. Mahommes is obviously a badass, but the reaction to that play was a bit overboard. He switched hands and pushed the ball to a wide open receiver. Let's allllll just calm down here.

Tough defense. Been getting pushed around all game. Trying to play catch up in a game you're losing. Only 5th official NFL game ever started. Playing in an incredibly tough stadium. Still able to think level headed and understand the situation you are in, enough to complete a crucial pass in a crucial part of the game using a hand you do not throw with.

If this doesn't impress you, then you're not a fan of football. Kid has skill. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Tough defense. Been getting pushed around all game. Trying to play catch up in a game you're losing. Only 5th official NFL game ever started. Playing in an incredibly tough stadium. Still able to think level headed and understand the situation you are in, enough to complete a crucial pass in a crucial part of the game using a hand you do not throw with.

If this doesn't impress you, then you're not a fan of football. Kid has skill. 

I'm not sure why all those things factor into shot-putting a ball ten yards, but ok. This isn't the SAT, the dude switched hands and pushed. I don't think this is any more impressive than any number of shovel passes I've seen by QBs over the years. O look, here's a bunch of dudes using their left:

Just now, kball09 said:

I'm not sure why all those things factor into shot-putting a ball ten yards, but ok. This isn't the SAT, the dude switched hands and pushed. I don't think this is any more impressive than any number of shovel passes I've seen by QBs over the years. O look, here's a bunch of dudes using their left:

"This compilation of well executed and orchestrated passes is comparable to a busted play, quarterback running for his life, second year 5th game player." 

Not sure why you're even arguing this. There is a reason why people are making a big deal of it. 

1 hour ago, poofinger said:

3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

"This compilation of well executed and orchestrated passes is comparable to a busted play, quarterback running for his life, second year 5th game player." 

Not sure why you're even arguing this. There is a reason why people are making a big deal of it. 

I guess that’s the point. I don’t understand WHY people are making a big deal.  It was a somewhat athletic play by a premier athlete.  It was a good play. But the way it has been covered and talked about. You would think the guy threw a football 90 yards.   I would safely say most QBs, even Kyle Orton, could do this.  Heck.  His went 5 yards farther. 

As as I said earlier. I’m 43 and I’ve been in the backyard shot putting a football 20 yards with my left hand. 

Edited by poofinger

I don't give a s--- If he's playing the 85 Bears, I'm rolling this kid out there every week till further notice. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

The Jags D is best in the league overall and best against the pass allowing only 164 yards passing a game. Meanwhile, the Eagles are way down at 19 and allowing 281 yards a game. Good luck with that. Also, the Eagles have the best run defense in the league and Cook will be out which means Cousins will be airing it out a lot. probably 50 pass attempts. He's going to light Philly's D up. 

The Jaguars have played three straight home games, and have faced the “powerhouse offenses” of the Giants, Jets, and Titans. I.E, three of the worst offenses in the league. The only decent offense they faced was the Patriots which was one of their home games. Did you see how bad Cousins was when he was rattled against the Bills?? I’m not saying this is an easy choice, but I think you are a bit too confident in that choice. I don’t see the Vikings-Eagles game as a high scoring affair.

• Like 1

[Removed AC Content]

15 total TD's, zero turnovers, #1 Scoring PLAYER (not just QB) in most (if not all) FF scoring formats.  In 2015 would we have sat Cam Newton during his monster year against the #1 Defense?  What about ARod in 2016?  Do we sit stud QB's against tough D's usually?  How often does that work out?  Is it because he's a rookie?

I don't know the answers to these questions....but KC is a passing offense and that's how they are going to score.  Would I sit Hunt?  Yea....I would.  Would I start any WR's for KC?  No...probably not.  [Removed AC Content]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

19 hours ago, poofinger said:

Sorry. 

the TD pass after scrambling across the whole field against the niners was MUCH more striking.

the left handed pass was great, but more of an instinctive physical  play to get out of a hole. which is very good, but that scrambling TD tells a lot more about his QB abilities.