thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, griffin727 said:

The Jaguars have played three straight home games, and have faced the “powerhouse offenses” of the Giants, Jets, and Titans. I.E, three of the worst offenses in the league. The only decent offense they faced was the Patriots which was one of their home games. Did you see how bad Cousins was when he was rattled against the Bills?? I’m not saying this is an easy choice, but I think you are a bit too confident in that choice. I don’t see the Vikings-Eagles game as a high scoring affair.

I get that, but this isn't anything new, we have seen this before. The Jags D finished best against the pass last year too. As much as I love Mahomes, he's still only got 4 starts under his belt and the Jags are a legit D, best in the league, especially against the pass, no thanks. As for the Vikings/Eagles game, over/under is 49, so its expected to be somewhat of a shootout. 

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I get that, but this isn't anything new, we have seen this before. The Jags D finished best against the pass last year too. As much as I love Mahomes, he's still only got 4 starts under his belt and the Jags are a legit D, best in the league, especially against the pass, no thanks. As for the Vikings/Eagles game, over/under is 49, so its expected to be somewhat of a shootout. 

In the end let’s  hope both Mahomes and Cousins light it up. That would make me happy.

On 10/4/2018 at 12:07 PM, Dexter75 said:

You are not wrong.  The Jags' D is great.  No doubt that this isn't a good matchup for Mahomes, but at the same time he's a must start regardless of matchup unless you have a very good backup QB.  I know it's only been 4 games this season, but what he's done in those 4 weeks has already earned him that status.  I'm rolling him out there and hoping for the best.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Thanks 1

Omg that gif is great. lol, never gets old.

Well...I think you have to start Mahomes this week unless you got somebody great chilling on the roster.

That said, since I'm playing against him in two leagues, I hope the Jags D ends the party. :P

#2 Jacksonville will force Patrick Mahomes

into multiple turnovers
My Mahomes calls have each hit over the past two weeks so let’s keep the ball rolling. Mahomes is a great surprise, absolutely, but he is by no means invincible. There will be a game or several this season where he struggles to throw 90 touchdowns with zero turnovers. If it is ever going to happen, you can bet your bottom dollar that the Jags are the best bet to stop it. They get after the quarterback better than any team in possibly decades, and this Chiefs’ offensive line is vulnerable. There is a chance Mahomes continues his miraculous run, but I’m saying he hits a big stumbling block at home in Week 5.
Final Prediction: 23 points allowed, 5 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 INT, 1 TD

Your weekly Mahomes hater from Fantasypros. Lmfao this dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You have to start and roll the dice here. Mahones isn't invincible but no defense is either. I'd take the gamble

Edited by Guwop

14 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

#2 Jacksonville will force Patrick Mahomes

into multiple turnovers
My Mahomes calls have each hit over the past two weeks so let’s keep the ball rolling. Mahomes is a great surprise, absolutely, but he is by no means invincible. There will be a game or several this season where he struggles to throw 90 touchdowns with zero turnovers. If it is ever going to happen, you can bet your bottom dollar that the Jags are the best bet to stop it. They get after the quarterback better than any team in possibly decades, and this Chiefs’ offensive line is vulnerable. There is a chance Mahomes continues his miraculous run, but I’m saying he hits a big stumbling block at home in Week 5.
Final Prediction: 23 points allowed, 5 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 INT, 1 TD

Your weekly Mahomes hater from Fantasypros. Lmfao this dude.

Every week i look forward to your paste, this guy is amazing 

Edited by egolam
  • Like 1

I am now a believer in Mahomes. He will shred the Jax defense up...they won’t know what hit them. And Hill will abuse Ramsey just like OBJ did in week one. 

• Like 2

8bAkrrE.png

Although this is the "present" radar,  the "future" radar prediction (for what it's worth) has blobs of yellow/orange moving across KC. We might be looking at an honest lightning delay.

Bright side, the wind is only at like 6MPH, and that's known to affect the deep ball more than rain does!

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/kansas-city-mo/64106/weather-radar/329441

Bovada projecting 270.5 pass yards, 2 TD, 1 INT per player prop bet lines. 16.82 points.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Bovada projecting 270.5 pass yards, 2 TD, 1 INT per player prop bet lines. 16.82 points.

KilloWertz is projecting 307 passing yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 Rushing TD, and a partridge in a pear tree...

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Is there any way to save this glorious gif to iphone?

The solution...switch from the overrated iPhones lol.

So was everyone happy starting Mahomes? He had 18 in my main league. I started Cousins over him and got 16, so it was pretty much a wash. I will be starting Mahomes going forwards though Im pretty sure. 

How many of you are still holding backups?  Without getting too specific, I have a good backup that could fetch decent return in a trade.  But I'm still afraid of injury.  After Watson last year, it is hard to trust again...

Are we still playing it safe?  Or are we going all-in with Mr. Mahomes??

51 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

How many of you are still holding backups?  Without getting too specific, I have a good backup that could fetch decent return in a trade.  But I'm still afraid of injury.  After Watson last year, it is hard to trust again...

I'm all in with Mahomes but I have Goff too, more as trade bait, but no one biting yet.

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

I have Rivers as a backup (and played him last week). Jax worried me and Rivers has been doing well (and it paid off).

My plan going forward is to keep Rivers through the Mahomes bye week but if someone offers a good trade, I will find a QB streamer for that week.  

Have Mahomes and Rodgers. No one is willing to give up enough for either, so I’m currently holding both for now.

I have Brees and Mahomes. I’m not getting any offers period on Brees so I might as well hold through the bye.

I have zero shares of Mahomes, but i would strongly advise to hold another qb, most of you probably have a great backup, keep both with the cold inclement weather coming, i feel like Reid might switch it up and run Hunt towards the end of the year.

I had Mahomes/Rodgers/Rivers. Traded Rodgers and Edelman for Tyreek. Nobody was interested in Rivers. But I'm quite happy having him as my QB2. 

After the high and low of Watson last year, I’m holding onto my backup this time around.