thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

This is just a comment I would like to make about the G.O.A.T in the making. I went to college with Mahomes, played fortnite with him on ps4, and watched him ball out on Saturdays at Tech. He is something special. I do not expect them to be undefeated but he does not let injuries, interceptions, poor throws define the game and isn't afraid to risk to get the big plays. I can't wait to see him drafted before Rodgers and Brady next year

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

This is just a comment I would like to make about the G.O.A.T in the making. I went to college with Mahomes, played fortnite with him on ps4, and watched him ball out on Saturdays at Tech. He is something special. I do not expect them to be undefeated but he does not let injuries, interceptions, poor throws define the game and isn't afraid to risk to get the big plays. I can't wait to see him drafted before Rodgers and Brady next year

Don't know whether this is Fake News or real stuff, but it jibes with everything I've seen and heard about him.

It's a bit early for GOAT when we've got guys like Brees, Rodgers (with one knee), and Brady still kickin' around.

But from what I've seen, Mahomes is the next evolution of those guys and likely to break all their records assuming he plays as many years.

I'll call it now:  Chiefs make the Superbowl THIS year.

1 hour ago, bsong71 said:

Don't know whether this is Fake News or real stuff, but it jibes with everything I've seen and heard about him.

It's a bit early for GOAT when we've got guys like Brees, Rodgers (with one knee), and Brady still kickin' around.

But from what I've seen, Mahomes is the next evolution of those guys and likely to break all their records assuming he plays as many years.

I'll call it now:  Chiefs make the Superbowl THIS year.

In all seriousness I really am friends with him, Zhaire smith on our basketball team and Mahomes were really liked by everyone here. Ive only ever played fornite with Mahomes once because he has a twitch and needed some friends to promote his channel, but I got to play with Jakeem Grant as well and Danny Amendola and have met all those guys so I can only wish all of them the best of luck. Pat really is a humble guy despite what some people believe about him.

You guys are still talking about whether or not to start this stud muffin?  Forgot about this thread because he is such a damn great auto-start.  Not even getting chaffed riding this buck bareback.

• Thanks 1

I wish I could go through the game day thread and force everyone calling hom garbage to drop him. Big babies. Guy is the QB1 right now and just doesn't disappoint. 

• Like 3

Anybody lucky enough to draft this guy in a keeper league has got to be smiling pretty right now.  He’s money and he’s fun to watch.

He pulled it from the fire for me. He keeps plays alive and always keeps his eyes down field. 

He's shown he's capable of going off after a tough half. 

Great game kid. Thank you. :ph34r:

This guy is money. Never backed down tonight. Definitely a proud Mahomes owner here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Anybody lucky enough to draft this guy in a keeper league has got to be smiling pretty right now.  He’s money and he’s fun to watch.

He somehow wasn't kept in my dynasty league going into this season (keep 20 on the roster) and I couldn't believe it when I saw him available for the rookie draft. He didn't make it back to me in the 2nd round. I had no chance, but looking back maybe I should have spent the #2 pick on Mahomes instead of one of this year's rookie RB's.

Patrick Mahomes, after first loss as starter: “I have to keep slinging it”

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 15, 2018, 6:24 AM EDT
gettyimages-1052152880-e1539598604383.jp
Getty Images

Patrick Mahomes did something last night he hadn’t done as a starter. Not the two interceptions in a game, the loss.

But the Chiefs quarterback came out of it with the same bearing he came in, vowing not to grow conservative after the mistakes. He played brilliantly after getting the Chiefs in an early hole, and said he has to trust his talented cast in such situations in the future.

“When you have the guys I have on this team with the weapons that I have,” Mahomes said, via Adam Teicher of ESPN.com, “I have to keep slinging it.”

After halftime, he threw four touchdown passes to lead them back to a 40-40 tie with the Patriots, only to watch Tom Brady do what Tom Brady does, leading the Patriots to the last-second field goal finally derail Mahomes. Going back to his one start last year, it was his first loss as the Chiefs starter.

But Mahomes was bothered by both the picks and the missed opportunities, as the Chiefs settled for too many field goals.

“I missed some throws,” Mahomes said. “That happens in this league. But whenever you’re playing good football teams, you can’t miss those throws. We left some points out there. . . .

“We just starting hitting on throws that I was missing earlier. I feel like we moved the ball well the entire night. We just have to find ways to score in the red zone. The last two weeks, it just seems like we can’t punch it in there, and I feel like in the second half, we finally started getting it in the end zone.”

That resilience wasn’t fruitful Sunday night, but it’s a good sign for their future this season, and what could turn into another meeting with the Patriots later this season.

• Like 1

Anyone draft Mahomes and Hill? I'm kicking myself for thinking Mahomes could be special and then not drafting Hill. What's up with Watkins? I made a trade for him but only 4 targets?? I guess Hill is that special that he commands the attention from the defense but they still can't contain him. Dude is something special. Wish I had both.

8 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone draft Mahomes and Hill? I'm kicking myself for thinking Mahomes could be special and then not drafting Hill. What's up with Watkins? I made a trade for him but only 4 targets?? I guess Hill is that special that he commands the attention from the defense but they still can't contain him. Dude is something special. Wish I had both.

I've got both. + Hunt.

Its straight cheating. 6-0

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cincythunder said:

mahomies + reek = BEAST combo wow. 

Exactly.  Reminds me of the days I both owned Manning and Harrison.

Where are the "He's gonna regress, trade him now people?" 

He's the highest scoring player in fantasy football this season, and it's about to be the halfway point at week 7. 

This kid is the real deal, he has massive arm strength, and my fave part of all, when things go bad, he doesn't go with them.  A lackluster first half gave way to a second half onslaught of points that led many of us to comeback wins. 

Keep slingin it kid! 

Dear Mods,

Can we lock this thread?  Nothing more to be said. 

Season Long Bareback Rider

P.S. Still haven't even thought about his bye week.

Stopping by for sip of champagne.

Match up proof and don't need to find a bye week filler until week 12. 

8 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

I had Hill last year but we only get two keepers and I chose to keep Zeke and Hunt. I could have re-drafted Hill but took Thielen instead, not really regretting that choice haha. 

I think it's time to SELL HIGH boyz! You maybe can get the likes of a  Gurley or Melvin for him right now. That would be a STEAL!

7 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

I think it's time to SELL HIGH boyz! You maybe can get the likes of a  Gurley or Melvin for him right now. That would be a STEAL!

Not a chance. Too many QBs are putting up 25 a game and most standard 10 team leagues value a bell cow RB like Gurley or Melvin WAY more than a QB. Unless you are in some 14 team league with a guy starting someone like Dak or Eli, I doubt you pull off a trade like that.

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1