thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

25 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

I think it's time to SELL HIGH boyz! You maybe can get the likes of a  Gurley or Melvin for him right now. That would be a STEAL!

Yeah, okayyy (said no one ever). I’m sure owners of Peyton in 2013 were eagerly looking to ship him too after week 6 when he had 22 TD’s and 2,179 passing yards up to that point 

Edited by FantasyGuru24

On 10/11/2018 at 2:01 AM, JacobThunder15 said:

In all seriousness I really am friends with him, Zhaire smith on our basketball team and Mahomes were really liked by everyone here. Ive only ever played fornite with Mahomes once because he has a twitch and needed some friends to promote his channel, but I got to play with Jakeem Grant as well and Danny Amendola and have met all those guys so I can only wish all of them the best of luck. Pat really is a humble guy despite what some people believe about him.

In all seriousness...when is the last time you two talked?

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

I think it's time to SELL HIGH boyz! You maybe can get the likes of a  Gurley or Melvin for him right now. That would be a STEAL!

Doubt it

14 hours ago, psygolf said:

In all seriousness...when is the last time you two talked?

Probably right before the draft, he worked out at Tech a couple of times before he went the combine and would stop by campus occasionally. We weren't like close friends but I guess you could say I know more than the average joe. 

16 hours ago, martinjlm said:

you know where the door is. don't let it hit you in the a**.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Not a chance. Too many QBs are putting up 25 a game and most standard 10 team leagues value a bell cow RB like Gurley or Melvin WAY more than a QB. Unless you are in some 14 team league with a guy starting someone like Dak or Eli, I doubt you pull off a trade like that.

Correct. Several QBs are on pace to be well ahead of last year's QB1 (Wilson). If I could trade Mahomes for any top 5 RB I'd do it, but no way anyone with the RB does that. And if you paired Mahomes with another QB that's ended up top 10 (eg Goff), you won't be able to move either for what you think they're worth.

Just have to enjoy the ride, Mahomes will likely finish as QB1 overall.

4 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Probably right before the draft, he worked out at Tech a couple of times before he went the combine and would stop by campus occasionally. We weren't like close friends but I guess you could say I know more than the average joe. 

"He's not a member, Grandma...he's a caddie"

2 hours ago, geosporin said:

Correct. Several QBs are on pace to be well ahead of last year's QB1 (Wilson).

true

Edited by psygolf

Shades of when Rodgers fully took over from Farve a decade ago and lit the NFL on fire.

Except this time the numbers are slightly inflated, and the upside is looking like a 2011 Rodger-like season (4500/45). 

There's going to be people who say 'well QBs are inflated this year by XYZ, etc'. 

Just enjoy the ride and the weekly floor he sets. 

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

Reminds me of Dak. Dak now sucks. Hopefully not for this guy

What? He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers, except he is faster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If the Bengals had actually put up a fight this game and they needed him to keep in attack mode, he could have put up 500 and 5.  He looked like he could just do whatever he wanted out there, and the weapons that surround him on that offense are frighteningly good. 

• Like 1

Passing numbers are inflated due to the rule changes, but this is definitely going to be an extraordinary fantasy season from Mahomes. He could easily hit 5k pass yards and push 50 pass TD. Fantasy-wise this reminds me of Cam in 2015, except Mahomes is marching right down the field instead of need the defense to create turnovers and field position. This is like Rodgers' 45 TD season like another poster pointed out.

And the comp to Rodgers is real.

22 pass TD and 2 rush TD through 7 games. On pace for 50+ TD.

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

We will see. Dak was the next great thing in 16, and now look at what’s happened. 

No, no he wasn't. Only Dallas fans and Jerry thought that. Zeke was the next great thing and still is a great thing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, drisser said:

If KC can find a defense, they have dynasty potential.

Yeah, the weapons they have on offense are unreal, and all of them are young.  I can’t wait to watch them play the Rams in a few weeks... those two could be facing off in multiple Super Bowls over the next decade.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, the weapons they have on offense are unreal, and all of them are young.  I can’t wait to watch them play the Rams in a few weeks... those two could be facing off in multiple Super Bowls over the next decade.

Like the bills/cowboys era? Would be interesting.

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

We will see. Dak was the next great thing in 16, and now look at what’s happened. 

Huh? Dak did a great job that year managing the game and stepping up when the team needed him, but that team was built around Zeke and the best O-Line in football.

Noone ever said Dak was going to ascend to be the best QB in the league, except for maybe some idiot Cowboy fans.

Mahomes looks to be a generational talent. Right now a case could already be made that he’s the most talented QB in the league after Rodgers.  Sure, he hasn’t done anything yet to deserve to be mentioned alongside of legends like Brady, Brees, etc., but just from performance on the field through the first 7 games. Nothing like Dak.

• Like 1

Love this guy.  He scrambles even when he doesn’t have to.  Most quarterbacks will sit back in the pocket and look for the open man but Mahomes does everything on the fly.   He keeps defenses tired and guessing.  So much fun to watch.   

League winner

Edited by lla887

1 minute ago, lla887 said:

Love this guy.  He scrambles even when he doesn’t have to.  Most quarterbacks will sit back in the pocket and look for the open man but Hunt does everything on the fly.   He keeps defenses tired and guessing.  So much fun to watch.   

League winner

It is a go. We have confirmation.

• Thanks 1

Last week to sell high. The schedule turns really bad, BYE week 12 and then first week of playoffs vs the Ravens (Least QB PPG). 

I sold Gordon and cam last week for Mahomes Michel chubb and Ridley in a keeper league where Gordon is t able to be kept and the other 4 have this +2 yrs