thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

I sense a trend. I guess one of these weeks you might be right.

You don’t have to sell if you don’t want a massive haul. That bad decision is really up to you and you alone. Good luck with that. 

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

I sense a trend. I guess one of these weeks you might be right.

Hes the guy that does this all the time and then if he has 1 down week will be in here with the SEE

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

You don’t have to sell if you don’t want a massive haul. That bad decision is really up to you and you alone. Good luck with that. 

Who am I selling him to???

the luck Brady rivers Ben Rodgers Winston Wentz Goff cam cousins or Brees owner. Those are literally the starters of the other 11 teams in my league. The guy with Wentz has Wilson.  The guy with Luck has Ryan and can’t trade either. The guy with Brady has Trubisky. The guy with Winston has Watson. I mean really you aren’t getting value for him just enjoy the ride

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 8

I find this to be an interesting thought experiment

Also the guy who said you can trade mahomes for gurley or gordon. lol

2 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Reminds me of Dak. Dak now sucks. Hopefully not for this guy

That's an odd comparison.

I hate when people make the lazy f***** comparisons like he reminds me of Dak.  Mahomes has a missile launcher for a right arm.  Mahomes has a stud TE, an all world WR, another very nice WR, an elite receiving back, an elite offensive play caller etc.  There literally isn’t any similarities betweeen Patrick Mahomes and Dak Prescott.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Who am I selling him to???

the luck Brady rivers Ben Rodgers Winston Wentz Goff cam cousins or Brees owner. Those are literally the starters of the other 11 teams in my league. The guy with Wentz has Wilson.  The guy with Luck has Ryan and can’t trade either. The guy with Brady has Trubisky. The guy with Winston has Watson. I mean really you aren’t getting value for him just enjoy the ride

Agreed. It's easy to say 'sell high' on a forum when dude doesn't know league details. He's posting hypothetical trade ideas as if they are guaranteed.

Great generic advice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

Dak > Mahomes 

Fake news.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

Are your jimmies rustled?

My Eli Manning's are rustled.

This guy is surely the #1 QB taken next year and I venture some leagues will see him get drafted in the second round. Great keeper potential for us lucky owners.

7 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

I find this to be an interesting thought experiment

Also the guy who said you can trade mahomes for gurley or gordon. lol

No one said “can”. The comment was “maybe”. Who to trade for? Go figure it out yourself, as you should know, every league is different. Get your offers in “this week” before the inevitable value drop. That’s all I’m saying. Good luck!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

I hate when people make the lazy f***** comparisons like he reminds me of Dak.  Mahomes has a missile launcher for a right arm.  Mahomes has a stud TE, an all world WR, another very nice WR, an elite receiving back, an elite offensive play caller etc.  There literally isn’t any similarities betweeen Patrick Mahomes and Dak Prescott.

Similar builds and skin tone, so they must be the same!

8 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Not to mention Dak is garbage, and Mahomes is not. 

Mahomes is like Mahomes, the one and only! Dak is like RG3 and Bortles had a baby.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Reminds me of Dak. Dak now sucks. Hopefully not for this guy

I know it's been addressed by others, but I don't get this comparison at all. Mahomes doesn't remind me of Dak at all...not in the least. 

10 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I sold Gordon and cam last week for Mahomes Michel chubb and Ridley in a keeper league where Gordon is t able to be kept and the other 4 have this +2 yrs

CSB. Lol...mine is that I drafted Mahomes in the 11th rd and am able to keep him as a 10th rd keeper next year. Score!! :) 

10 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Nobody is giving you anything NEAR value for Mahomes because so many QBs are throwing up points. Why trade him when you can't get value back for him? Just keep the guy and ride the wave. It's okay to admit when you're wrong. You can do any time now. 

9 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Absolutely agree. The two are so different, it's ridiculous. Just a terrible, terrible comparison. 

Trading QBs is a very slippery slope. Is Mahomes in a class of his own? Not really. Guys like Brees, Ryan, Newton, and Rodgers are dropping bombs as well. However, he clearly is in the first tier. 

The problem is people don't seem to value QBs as much as they should. There's probably some dude rolling out Dalton and if you offer him Mahomes he will say "QBs don't matter" when Mahomes is damn well outscoring him by 10 points. That's like comparing Tyreke Hill to Jarvis Landry. I rather hold two good QBs than give one up for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Trading QBs is a very slippery slope. Is Mahomes in a class of his own? Not really. Guys like Brees, Ryan, Newton, and Rodgers are dropping bombs as well. However, he clearly is in the first tier. 

The problem is people don't seem to value QBs as much as they should. There's probably some dude rolling out Dalton and if you offer him Mahomes he will say "QBs don't matter" when Mahomes is damn well outscoring him by 10 points. That's like comparing Tyreke Hill to Jarvis Landry. I rather hold two good QBs than give one up for nothing. 

Or outscoring him by 25 lol......wish i had those points this week. Nobody should trade mahomes, he is too beastly this yr.

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

In my league, there are 13 starting QBs averaging 20 ppg or better, with Mahomes leading the way at 27.99 (the other 12 averaging 20.31-25.47 ppg). Fantasy owners are not going to be willing to make a deal for a young, first-time-starting QB (who many still expect to regress at some point), to gain a few points per week. They're content with Tom Brady's 20.31 ppg. They're content with Wentz and his 19.44, and the ghost of Russell Wilson because his past seasons. They'd trade for Mahomes, but they're not giving up value to get a QB that they're not convinced will greatly outscore the QB they currently have. 

It's just the landscape right now. Owners would prefer to load up on skills positions because they know they can get a QB who throws up points if they just wait.