thebrowns

Patrick Mahomes II 2018 Outlook

On 8/19/2018 at 5:29 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

is Mahomes gonna be whacked out on pills and booze and chew and junk pics?

can't tell me Reid had no idea Favre was poppin' with the propensity of of a pro -  you ever try to reason with an addict?

I didnt know Favre was an addict. I just read an interview where his coach in ATL Jerry Glanville, said he traded Favre to GB instead of NY specifically because it's  was in the midde of nowhere and the bars shut down early.

47 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Mahomes is the next superstar QB.  I'm getting me some of this guy.

Agreed.  He's Mike Vick but a more accurate passer.  

6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Huh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Huh

Too young to remember Vick...you a millennial?

• Like 1

What I see in this guy is a gunslinger who isn’t afraid to chuck it deep or into tight windows. The very anti Alex Smith. Yeah, he’ll throw some INTs, and that’s -1 point, but whatever. He’ll just throw it some more and more. The KC defense looking uncharacteristically shoddy helps the outlook as well too.

4 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

you're the only one i have heard this comparison for 

are you sure you are not mixing up mahomes with jackson?

• Like 1

Just now, CooL said:

What I see in this guy is a gunslinger who isn’t afraid to chuck it deep or into tight windows. The very anti Alex Smith. Yeah, he’ll throw some INTs, and that’s -1 point, but whatever. He’ll just throw it some more and more. The KC defense looking uncharacteristically shoddy helps the outlook as well too.

Good comparison. He's a mixture of Brett Favre and Mike Vick. 

1 minute ago, Flyers_28 said:

you're the only one i have heard this comparison for 

are you sure you are not mixing up mahomes with jackson?

I see Mahomes rushing for 400 yards. 

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

Your league only gets -1 point for an interception?

My league is 6pt passing TD's and -3 per interception. -1 seems way, way too light.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I saw Vick play in college and saw him beat Favre in the playoffs at Lambeau. I’m far from a millennial (not that there’s anything wrong with millennials). 

Maybe I need to watch more Mahomes apparently because I had no idea he had legs in the same galaxy as Vick. 

I actually mentioned Favre last week as I see the arm strength and gunslinger in Mahomes.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Your league only gets -1 point for an interception?

My league is 6pt passing TD's and -3 per interception. -1 seems way, way too light.

Isn't -1 the standard in Yahoo leagues?  I always thought it was.  Fumbles are -2.

-3 for INTs seems harsh.  -1 favors the gunslingers and the guys that will put up tons of yards because they throw a lot.  Jameis Winston is another target of mine for that reason.

I think Mahomes does have legs and will have several hundred yards of rushing as well.  So those 30 yards a game or so translates into a nice 3 points.

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

Isn't -1 the standard in Yahoo leagues?  I always thought it was.  Fumbles are -2.

-3 for INTs seems harsh.  -1 favors the gunslingers and the guys that will put up tons of yards because they throw a lot.  Jameis Winston is another target of mine for that reason.

I think Mahomes does have legs and will have several hundred yards of rushing as well.  So those 30 yards a game or so translates into a nice 3 points.

Standard in ESPN is 4 pt passing touchdown and 2 point interception. 

In the end it doesnt really favor anyone and ultimately just puts the decision up to those drafting. 

Chiefs d is looking like it could be one of the worst this year. I’m not really sold on mahomes actual skill as a qb, but I love the situation. If he turns out to be good, that’s just icing on the cake 

15 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Chiefs d is looking like it could be one of the worst this year. I’m not really sold on mahomes actual skill as a qb, but I love the situation. If he turns out to be good, that’s just icing on the cake 

Exactly. I’m hoping for an early Blake Bortles garbage time situation every week, before the Jags had a defense.

In love with the upside but scared to death of the risk.

In my last few mock drafts I've been pairing him on back-to-back picks with Matt Ryan and I'm really happy with it.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:55 AM, CooL said:

Turnovers are -2 in most leagues

On 8/26/2018 at 11:32 AM, gbill2004 said:

What?! He averaged 2.7 YPC in college and never had more than 450 rushing yards in any one year. His 4.8 40 time is not even close to Vicks 4.33.

6 minutes ago, AJ92 said:

What?! He averaged 2.7 YPC in college and never had more than 450 rushing yards in any one year. His 4.8 40 time is not even close to Vicks 4.33.

You can't compare ypc in college with ypc in the NFL. In college ball, sacks are counted as rushes by the QB for negative yards. That probably has a lot to do with his 2.7 ypc and why he never had more than 450 rush yards. I'm not saying he's Mike Vick or anything. Just saying you have to remember the context. 

I watched every game Mahomes  played in college. He's NOT fast, but he's shifty, elusive, and has great pocket awareness. He can get first downs with with his feet, or even touchdowns when the opportunity is right. 3-5 rushing TDs is definitely possible.

I wanted a team with Kelce, Hill, and Mahomes this year.  Hasn't happened yet and only have one more draft to go.

I'm all in on Mahomes.  So much talent in his arm, and so much more talent surrounding him.  Weak Chiefs D getting them into shoot outs regularly...

If you can get Tyreek and pair him w Mahomes, you're one play away from winning your matchup week in and week out.

Big test 1st week at LAC - I think the yardage and TDs will be there due to the nature of him just airing it out and all their weapons but he will certainly turn it over.  That Chargers pass rush is no joke and they have elite players at every level.