Sign in to follow this  
BigPapi44

Lorenzo Cain 2018 Outlook

Now on the Brewers, likely leading off with a chance to run wild, and also in a prime park/lineup, looks like it will increase his value significantly.

Provided health, my projections for him:

.310 Avg.

22hrs

105 runs

60 rbis

32 sbs

• Like 2

It's great to see them spending money....now I'd like to see the Twins sign Darvish.

Anyway, this is a good spot for Cain.  Love it!

My projections:

16-19 jacks

90-100 runs

55 - 60 rbi

27-35 SB

Agree w the majority. This situation bumps him up to OF 2 territory.

Must have in roto imo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It's very huge for his power potential--going to Miller Park.

Big for his power potential and Counsell likes to run a lot. Which should increase the SB chances as well. 

Signing a 32 year old speed player that's hit 10 HR only twice in his career to a 5 year deal?  What could go wrong? 

For this season alone, this will boost Cain's value, but he's also going to be fighting decline at the same time... I think boosting his value over what he was last year is mistake. 

I would like to have him, but feel he will be over drafted. 

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 2:07 PM, StevieStats said:

Signing a 32 year old speed player that's hit 10 HR only twice in his career to a 5 year deal?  What could go wrong? 

For this season alone, this will boost Cain's value, but he's also going to be fighting decline at the same time... I think boosting his value over what he was last year is mistake. 

I think youre selling him a little short. Hes hit at least 15 HR in two of the last three seasons with a 9 sandwiched in between. He was also playing the majority of his career in the pitching haven that is Kauffman Stadium. A move to Miller Park, as well as a massive upgrade in the lineup around him, I think he has a legit shot at top 50 value. Especially if he gets the green light(26/28 last year) and sets a career high in HR(20 isnt an unreasonable expectation).

Edited by TXTaz
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2018 at 12:07 PM, StevieStats said:

The forecaster projected him pretty strong and that was before he signed in Milwaukee. With the outfield depth on the team, I get the feeling he won't be over drafted and I think he carries sp2 upside with a pretty safe non injury floor.

-Last year Cain stole 26 bases and was only caught 2 times.

-He is batting leadoff for a team that runs more than anybody.

-He has a SB in each of his first two games as a Brewer.

I think we are looking at 40 SB upside with Cain if he can play 150 games.

• Like 3

so much wrong with this

Lorenzo Cain finished Friday's 8-6 victory in San Diego with a pair of doubles, two runs scored, an RBI and a stolen base.

Cain is off to a great start with a pair of multi-hit performances and a stolen base in each game so far. He'll look to keep it rolling Saturday against LHP Brent Suter. Cain hit .277 with 15 extra-base hits across 130 at-bats against southpaws in 2017, and his OPS (.824) was actually higher against lefties than against righties (.797).
  • Haha 2

He's looking like a guy who has a floor of 130r/40sb and .320/.380 and everything else is gravy. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, zingzing said:

He's looking like a guy who has a floor of 130r/40sb and .320/.380 and everything else is gravy. 

lol cmon now.

I am still trying to figure out why so many "experts" were writing this guy off...

I think all he needed was a change of scenery. He's got Yelich, Shaw, Braun, and Santana all hitting around or behind him...A far better group than Hosmer, Alex Gordon, and Mike Moustakas.

On a team that loves to run. I think Cain has a legitimate shot at this EOY Stat line.

.302 BA, 104 Runs, 13 HR, 71 RBI, 32 SB

He'll be in the Upper Echelon in 3 Categories (BA, Runs, SB) and will be be solid in (HR and RBI).

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

I am still trying to figure out why so many "experts" were writing this guy off...

I think all he needed was a change of scenery. He's got Yelich, Shaw, Braun, and Santana all hitting around or behind him...A far better group than Hosmer, Alex Gordon, and Mike Moustakas.

On a team that loves to run. I think Cain has a legitimate shot at this EOY Stat line.

.302 BA, 104 Runs, 13 HR, 71 RBI, 32 SB

He'll be in the Upper Echelon in 3 Categories (BA, Runs, SB) and will be be solid in (HR and RBI).

That looks about right to me. Maybe close the gap between runs and RBI if he's going to bat 3rd 80% of the time. I think he has 40 SB upside, too, given how much Milwaukee runs.

I can see Cain being one of the best deals of 2018. If he stays healthy I don't see why he can't hit 20 Hrs and steal 30 bases, score a lot of runs, and carry a good average like he typically does. He's in a good lineup, nice home park, if he adjusts to NL pitching without much of a hassle anyone who drafted him is getting a lot of bang for their buck. 

• Like 1

Bang! Monster year coming from sugar.

Love how when he wants to hit home runs, he simply leans back and almost falls backwards, turning a line drive into a homer. So simple!

• Like 1