Sign in to follow this  
BigPapi44

Lorenzo Cain 2018 Outlook

Injured because Martinez doesn’t know how to hold his foot on the base. I own both players. Awesome. Hoping it’s minor. 

Was he re-injured in the crash with Santana?  Yahoo has him 'day to day' again, but there is no blurb about why.

5 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Was he re-injured in the crash with Santana?  Yahoo has him 'day to day' again, but there is no blurb about why.

Yea, doesn't sound serious. Hopes to play today.

Someone needs to let this guy know there's other dudes on the field.  He's a walking accident right now.

Edited by 89Topps
  • Thanks 1

If he is out, it would only be as a precaution. He stayed in the game last night after the collision and appeared to be ok.

Yahoo has him starting!

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 3:32 AM, tommy2guns said:

So glad Yelich is back, Cains play has been unreal with him hitting behind

Totally turned it on since his return.

Could have his biggest year to date.

Quietly putting up a huge year. Especially in OBP leagues, just hitting and getting on base a ton. Brewers are scorching now so should be a ton of runs and RBIs ahead.

One post since April 25. LOL. He's put up a combo meal today already (in the 3rd inning at the time of this post) to give him 8 HR and 13 SB so far. It's looking like he's going to be able to get close to 100 R, 20 HR, and 30 SB this year with his usual solid BA as long as he stays healthy. 

• Like 1

this is a recent update for Cain.

Lorenzo Cain (hamstring) went 0-for-2 with a walk and was hit by a pitch in his return to the Brewers' starting lineup on Friday.

Advice: Cain was removed from Thursday's game due to a hamstring cramp, but it appears to have been only a minor issue. The 32-year-old outfielder is enjoying a terrific season in his return to Milwaukee, slashing .292/.394/.439 with eight homers, 26 RBI and 16 stolen bases.

(Rotoworld.com)

I heard on the TV that Cain was removed from today's game too for the same thing.

Yep. Can’t stay on the field lately. DL May be coming if this doesn’t heal real quick. 

And for the love of god stop with the hbp’s!!

Edited by Members_Only_76

Weekly leaguers, are you starting?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/mlb/brewers/2018/06/24/lorenzo-cain-gets-rare-day-off-series-finale/724232002/

From the article:

"An off day every now and again definitely helps the body recover a little," Cain said. "It’s a long grind.

"Overall I feel good. Having some little hiccups as of late with the hammy and then the groin (on Saturday) so it’s kind of hard to judge. I’ve always struggled judging how my groin feels."

"The two days off will definitely help, so we’ll see what happens."

"In the past I would have tried to play through stuff like that, and I’d probably have been out longer than what I should have if I’d have said something," Cain said. "But I’m trying to get smarter about it. I’m not trying to push through it.

"It’s still early in the season."

Cain said he was planning on receiving treatment both Sunday and on the off day Monday with an eye on returning to action Tuesday against his former team, the Kansas City Royals.

"I definitely love to play those guys. It’s always extra, added motivation," he said. "I definitely want to be out there. We’ll see where the groin’s at and go from there."

Risky but tempting to put him in there if other options aren't great.  The Brewers also don't face a strong group of pitchers this week either.

Edited by 33legend

I'm on the fence.  Weekly roto league.  I have a tuesday option I can slide in just in case we get to Tuesday and he's not in the line up and I have to make a call on the week.  Too many times this year I've been burned by having guys in for the week who either don't play, or get hurt a day or two in.  I can't afford another doughnut week.

Should only be the minimum stay fingers crossed. Really need him back in our lineups soon.

• Like 1

No news ugh, really sucks for weekly leagues. 

?

Edited by Members_Only_76

Not good...

4409.jpg

Lorenzo Cain (groin) won't be activated from the disabled list when he's eligible on Wednesday.

Cain was scheduled to run the bases on Tuesday, but he skipped it after his agility work on Monday "didn’t go as planned." He's now going to try agility drills again on Wednesday. If all goes well, he'll run the bases on Thursday. This would seemingly set up a return this weekend, but more should be known in the next couple of days. Keon Broxton will continue to cover center field duties for now, though Christian Yelich's return from a back issue could complicate his playing time.
Jul 3 - 2:33 PM
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Not good...

4409.jpg

Lorenzo Cain (groin) won't be activated from the disabled list when he's eligible on Wednesday.

Cain was scheduled to run the bases on Tuesday, but he skipped it after his agility work on Monday "didn’t go as planned." He's now going to try agility drills again on Wednesday. If all goes well, he'll run the bases on Thursday. This would seemingly set up a return this weekend, but more should be known in the next couple of days. Keon Broxton will continue to cover center field duties for now, though Christian Yelich's return from a back issue could complicate his playing time.
Jul 3 - 2:33 PM

Well that sucks. I was banking on a return tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Well that sucks. I was banking on a return tomorrow. 

Banks are closed tomorrow ?

• Like 1