Corleone

Antonio Brown 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Who sittin ? this week...

Hurricane Lev type weather...

I really wish the NFL was more serious/urgent about moving games in these cases.  Especially division games where there is a second one that can be changed back. 

I don’t see any scenario where you can sit the #1WR overall... it’s just a sit tight and grit your teeth kind of game, sucks

• Like 2

Sucks for the offense, but it also sucks for the defense too.  I'm keeping AB in and not looking back.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, ryehigh_us said:

Is anyone concerned about JuJu taking touches away from Antonio Brown?  Any word if his injury from last year has the team thinking about limited his touches?

That would be insane, limiting his touches only limits the amount of changes for you to score. 

2 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

That would be insane, limiting his touches only limits the amount of changes for you to score. 

Not a zero sum IMO, Steelers with 84 targets missing from last year 9th most in the league.

Think Juju goes from 80 targets to 120-130 but even then that's 20-30 extra targets

2 hours ago, Hero202 said:

I really wish the NFL was more serious/urgent about moving games in these cases.  Especially division games where there is a second one that can be changed back. 

Moving games if it's raining and windy :lol:? Naah.

Lightning? Sure. Winds so strong that the stands are unsafe? Of course. That's not likely to be the case tomorrow. I'm up here, and it's good weather for ducks, but the severe weather warning is for flash floods in NE Ohio, and the only reason they will be a serious issue for Browns Stadium is if there's an earthquake under Lake Erie and Cleveland gets hit by the tsunami.

• Like 1

You'd think it's bad enough being a browns fan that they wouldn't want to subject their fans to crap weather too.

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

You'd think it's bad enough being a browns fan that they wouldn't want to subject their fans to crap weather too.

If weather is bad once, you get a warning, second time you move the team to LA or Vegas.

Might not do much, but not benchable.

This game had potential to be a huge one for him... 17 targets, but only 9 receptions.  

4 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Big Ben missed him on a few deep ball targets. Could’ve had a much bigger day.

This. He's still heavily involved and he's still incredibly talented. He got narrowly missed in the end-zone 2-3 times. He's going to be fine. Steelers D is also looking like junk so far so there's a lot of 40+ attempt games for Ben coming.

1 hour ago, Hero202 said:

This game had potential to be a huge one for him... 17 targets, but only 9 receptions.  

Him and Ben were not on the same page especially in and around the red/green zone. It wasn't as bad as it looks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diazmu said:

Any truth to this calf injury talk?

Also wondering this. Rotoworld blurb is the only place mentioning this that I can find.

The truth is Juju is the real deal and he's going to eat into Browns totals all year long. Not saying he will have a bad year. But don't expect blowout games every week.

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

The truth is Juju is the real deal and he's going to eat into Browns totals all year long. Not saying he will have a bad year. But don't expect blowout games every week.

Defenses are gonna realize they can't sell out to stop Antonio Brown soon enough. JuJu won't be left as wide open most weeks as he was today

7 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He's good. Unless AB is hurt he's still going to go off at times.

Think Ben is the real winner here.

Responding to a tweet saying Ben Roethlisberger is the reason he puts up numbers, Antonio Brown wrote, "Trade me let’s find out."

The tweet came from someone who previously handled public relations for the Steelers, so Brown is not responding to anyone with any power. Still, his emphatic response is at least notable after he was seen bickering with the coaching staff multiple times during the Week 2 loss to the Chiefs. Pittsburgh is certainly not going to trade Brown, but it seems like the receiver is unhappy with how things are going early in the season.
Sep 17 - 11:48 AM

yikes.

I think there is turmoil due to the Bell situation. The Steelers' offense just doesn't look as smooth this season. And they have yet to win a game. Conner has filled in admirably, but he isn't Bell. Defenses don't account for him like they do Bell. Which opens things up more for the receivers and passing game.

Ben has been able to sustain multiple WRs before with AB. It isn't like AB will get all 4000+ passing yards and all the passing TDs on the offense. And also more attention for Juju will help AB as well.

AB does this temper tantrum every year and usually blows up the next game. 

• Like 3

Doesnt this seem to be a pattern with brown first few games when he doesnt feel he is getting the ball enough? he whines, complains, pouts and then Ben magically feeds him a few more targets and boom he is the reigning super stud again.  Sometimes i think he must have some extra incentive clauses in his contract tied to extraordinary production

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Onyx said:

AB does this temper tantrum every year and usually blows up the next game. 

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Doesnt this seem to be a pattern with brown first few games when he doesnt feel he is getting the ball enough? he whines, complains, pouts and then Ben magically feeds him a few more targets and boom he is the reigning super stud again.  Sometimes i think he must have some extra incentive clauses in his contract tied to extraordinary production

Great minds think alike - was just going to post this at the same time so co-signed.

• Haha 1