Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigPapi44

Mike Moustakas 2018 Outlook

Could/would he play first base? That would open up his options some.  Mariners, Mets, or Angels.

13 minutes ago, desert86 said:

Could/would he play first base? That would open up his options some.  Mariners, Mets, or Angels.

The Ms aren't signing anyone.....except Ichiro.

They have Schoop for 3B

31 minutes ago, desert86 said:

Mariners have Healy who should be back beginning of May on a six-week timeline. The low side is 4-weeks with the surgery done around Feb. 15th. They also have a rule 5 pickup in  Mike Ford who can fill in till Healy does get back. Or even Vogelback could fill in for a short period of time

36 minutes ago, BMcP said:

They have Schoop for 3B

The career 2B Schoop?

2B Schoop

SS Machado

3B Moose Tacos

UT Beckham

Would be pretty solid and make sense in my eyes. Beckham was good down the stretch last year, but I could see them using him as swiss army knife type role that will find ABs all over.

1 hour ago, Slatykamora said:

The career 2B Schoop?

2B Schoop

SS Machado

3B Moose Tacos

UT Beckham

Would be pretty solid and make sense in my eyes. Beckham was good down the stretch last year, but I could see them using him as swiss army knife type role that will find ABs all over.

Ah darn - meant Beckham.  My bad.

Mike Moustakas' agent Scott Boras suggested to Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star that his client might not sign until after the 2018 MLB June Amateur Draft.
That would no longer tie Moustakas to draft pick compensation and could finally spring open a fruitful market for the 29-year-old third baseman, especially if he is willing to accept offers that would only carry through to the end of the 2018 season. He can not have that draft pick compensation tied to him next winter, per the CBA rules. "Watch what happens," Boras said. "This player has no picks attached to him. It goes away, because they can only put it on him once. So now it's a totally different world for Moose." Boras and Moustakas were believed to be seeking upwards of five years and $75 million when this offseason began.

Disgusting news for dynasty owners or anyone who's already drafted him. This basically kills his trade value.

2 hours ago, elrey said:

Disgusting news for dynasty owners or anyone who's already drafted him. This basically kills his trade value.

Scott Boras is gradually getting dumber...

Who's next to get signed in June, Arrieta, Holland? Boras really misread the market and is costing his guys millions.

Would be a colossal mistake for moose if he doesn't sign within the next 3 weeks. 

Great fit for the Pirates, to bad they are el cheapo

If the Royals were willing to give Hosmer such a big deal why not offer Moose half that or even less, there payroll is low and he is a popular player with the fans.

2 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Great fit for the Pirates, to bad they are el cheapo

They just traded their Ace for Colin "Launch Angle" Moran and have Bell at 1b.  Moustakas is better than Moran, but seems silly to throw 75+ million at a guy when you have the positions filled cheap... especially when you don't project to compete this year. 

Royals or White Sox seem like the best fit. I'm trying to talk myself into the Cardinals wanting no part of it because of my interest in Jose Martinez, but I could see him landing there too I guess. Moustakas-Ozuna-Pham-Carpenter-Molina- Fowler is a very solid lineup

Wow he got hosed on the salary, he got less than Todd Frazier, thats ridiculous

LOL WOW!! He needs to fire his agent, he obviously did not read The Art of The Deal.

So do the Royals have to surrender a draft pick?  And what will the Royals do with that pick?