Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigPapi44

Mike Moustakas 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Why are you guys blaming Scott Boras ? 

Because he's good at his job but an obnoxious attention whore. Loud personalities rub some people the wrong way. 

Boras did his clients well for a long time. Why not bet on teams overspending again? He made the right call, didn't work this year. He will adjust.

Like I said earlier it's not even about  the QO. Angels apparently offered him 3-45.

49 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Im sure they have?  Maybe...but there have been some blunders too, remember Morales that one year didnt accept SEA's offer and ended up not signing until June.  There was another one that year also but cant remember who it was. 

Yea, he didn't want to stay in Seattle.  Signed with the Twins, then the M's just traded for him like a month and a half later. :lol:

He was hot garbage that year too.

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that Mike Moustakas did not receive any other offers throughout the offseason until the Royals welcomed him back.

That would seem to refute an earlier report that he had turned down a three-year, $45 million offer from the Angels earlier in the winter. Perhaps that was simply Scott Boras putting misinformation out there in order to drum up interest from other teams. At this point, Moustakas has to be regretting turning down the Royals' $17.4 million qualifying offer.

after rejecting a 17.4 million qualifying offer and accepting a 1 year deal for 6.5 million I hope he doesn't leave as much men on base as he did money on the table.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:53 PM, chud12 said:

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that Mike Moustakas did not receive any other offers throughout the offseason until the Royals welcomed him back.

That would seem to refute an earlier report that he had turned down a three-year, $45 million offer from the Angels earlier in the winter. Perhaps that was simply Scott Boras putting misinformation out there in order to drum up interest from other teams. At this point, Moustakas has to be regretting turning down the Royals' $17.4 million qualifying offer.

Damn. 

Zero offers?

That's fricking depressing.

47 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Damn. 

Zero offers?

That's fricking depressing.

Image result for zero point zero gif

and the teams notified Mike Moustakas local draft office and told them that he is now eligible....for military service.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:54 AM, 96mnc said:

He should fire Boras.

Boras should pay him the 11 mil he lost from declining Q offer

30 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

What's happening with him?

He's currently playing baseball for the KC Royals.

Royals lineup is so bad that i just don't see very much in the way of counting stats here. Pitchers will make less mistakes with him this year with no Hosmer to protect him. 

2 hours ago, jb_power said:

He's currently playing baseball for the KC Royals.

Wait.... what?? didn't he sign with the Padres?:wacko:

In to give Moose his due. He's got a contract to earn. Salvador coming back soon will help with some protection behind him.

Steady production so far.  Dude is under rated in fantasy and real life

5th hr today.  Having a great start

6hr, hitting over .300 on a bad team. I can't believe teams passed up on a 29yo 38hr hitter. I hope he gets traded to a better park. 

37 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

6hr, hitting over .300 on a bad team. I can't believe teams passed up on a 29yo 38hr hitter. I hope he gets traded to a better park. 

Yeah, he's hitting for that next contract now.  I'd bet the house he's on a new team come July 31, if not sooner.

22 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Yeah, he's hitting for that next contract now.  I'd bet the house he's on a new team come July 31, if not sooner.

*Please be a contender*

Even his outs were rockets today.  Guys locked in.  The one shining star on a very s***y team.  

Great....getting X-Ray's on his forearm after HBP...

X-rays negative per Royals broadcast.

16 minutes ago, meh2 said:

X-rays negative per Royals broadcast.

good shew 

Not sure if this belongs on this thread but based on the reports he is likely to be moved by the all star break what would his outlook be if he went to the braves? Obviously he will be in a much better lineup but do players tend to struggle after being moved in the middle of the season?