Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigPapi44

Mike Moustakas 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, MSU2661 said:

Not sure if this belongs on this thread but based on the reports he is likely to be moved by the all star break what would his outlook be if he went to the braves? Obviously he will be in a much better lineup but do players tend to struggle after being moved in the middle of the season? 

And what spot would he be in that order? Would look like 5th unless he bumps Markakis. That lineup also becomes heavily lefthanded with Freeman, Kak, Moose, and Inciarte. 

Actually hoping the Yankees get in on the fray. Imagine Moose with that short porch hitting between Judge and Stanton. 

23 minutes ago, MSU2661 said:

Not sure if this belongs on this thread but based on the reports he is likely to be moved by the all star break what would his outlook be if he went to the braves? Obviously he will be in a much better lineup but do players tend to struggle after being moved in the middle of the season? 

Depends on the player.  JD Martinez seemed to enjoy his time after he was traded to the D-Backs last year ... and how!  And amazing how your juices really flow when you are actually on a contender playing for something late in the season.

Wondering if the Cards have any interest here. Think he would make a great fit splitting the righties in the middle of the order and also improving the defense at 3B which has been a problem for them. I like this fit more then i do the Braves. Looking forward to seeing what Moose can do surrounded by competent bats. 

Out of the lineup tonight, see him listed as “day-to-day”

anyone know now if he’s hurt or perhaps there’s a trade imminent?

Rumors of a trade possibly to Phil’s or Cards.... anyone know if he’s hurt? Says dtd

1 minute ago, mannymachado said:

Rumors of a trade possibly to Phil’s or Cards.... anyone know if he’s hurt? Says dtd

·
37m

Mike Moustakas has been scratched because of back spasms. Esky will play third and Mondesi will shortstop.

Auditioning at 1B today. Hoping the Yankee rumors are true. Would love to see Moose work that short porch. 

6 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Auditioning at 1B today. Hoping the Yankee rumors are true. Would love to see Moose work that short porch. 

Wow that is a good catch.  That really says the Yankees are in serious talks with them. 

Fox is carrying this game in our area and they just now said it was only the 3rd time he has played 3B this season.  Fox broadcasters also confirmed a Yankee scout is indeed in the stadium tonight as well as some others and mentioned Philly and the Cards.  Said one of them seems interested in 1B too though I'm sure the Phils are more interested in 3B help so the Cards by elimination I guess.

Better lineup somewhat. Not sure if it is a big boon for moose owners but it can't hurt 

5 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Better lineup somewhat. Not sure if it is a big boon for moose owners but it can't hurt 

from one of the worst parks to one of the best lefty park. It is a hellova boon.

Wonder where he hits in that lineup. Don't see it as a good idea to be hitting Moose and Shaw b2b. 

MLB network speculates that Moose will bat cleanup. Cain, Yelich, Aguilar, and Moose. Guessing Braun and Shaw will bat 5th and 6th. 

I am super excited for this. Milwaukee second to only Colorado in it's advantage to hitters and Milwaukee's lineup is exponentially better than KC's. I am hoping that he hits 3rd but 4th behind Aguilar is still a very nice spot 

So apparently Moose is willing to try 2B if Shaw does not pan out there... I am drooling now.... LOL

17 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Somewhat better lineup? Much better lineup and a much better park. 

17 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Somewhat better lineup? Much better lineup and a much better park. 

Yeah I'm massively more in the latter camp. The metrics for debating Miller v. Kaufmann could be worth going into, but bottom line is, if you look at Park Factors at all, you know which one the better park is-- and it isn't close. It's Miller. 

And then yeah, I'm balking hard at Somewhat. OF goes from the corpse of Alex Gordon, and by depth chart, Rosell Herrera and Jorge Bonifacio. The OF he has now is Christian Yelich, Lorenzo Cain, and Ryan Braun, as wel as Thames. Even in a disastrous year Braun's probably the 3rd best name between both lists, or 4th including Thames. 

Then you change out Aguilar/Thames for Duda... losing Whit Merrifield but adding on Travis Shaw... I mean they don't have a DH... 

I mean you went from a line-up where, hitting not fantasy value, Moustakas was probably the best hitter in the entire line-up. He's clearly behind a few guys IMO in this line-up. That's pretty significant. 

19 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Somewhat?!?!?!?!  One of the better hitting line-ups in all of baseball.

He Batted 3rd tonight, behind Cain and ahead of Aguilar. Will be interesting how that pans out.

If he stays 3rd, etc. Regardless, very strong lineup, obviously. Excited to see Moose loose in Milwaukee!!

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Somewhat?!?!?!?!  One of the better hitting line-ups in all of baseball.

Milwaukee is 20th in the league in runs scored per game with 4.30. Ok course the Royals are last with 3.60. So yes, 'somewhat' is a light term, but it's not like he went to Boston or anything. 

4 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Milwaukee is 20th in the league in runs scored per game with 4.30. Ok course the Royals are last with 3.60. So yes, 'somewhat' is a light term, but it's not like he went to Boston or anything. 

They are kinda top heavy. Pitcher/Catcher/MI wasn't scaring anyone. Braun is hitting .230 with 10 HRs. Good thing he's hitting around the good ones, and they just got better with Moose Taco's

11 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

11 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

They are kinda top heavy. Pitcher/Catcher/MI wasn't scaring anyone. Braun is hitting .230 with 10 HRs. Good thing he's hitting around the good ones, and they just got better with Moose Taco's

This. In particular, they’ve had a gaping hole at both mI spots all year