Wild Thing

Andrew Luck 2018 Outlook

On 6/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, not an nfl scout said:

easy boyce......have you guys noticed something or anything about luck's demeanor about this whole thing? he sure seams very calm about everything. so does the ownership as well as the management as well as the coaching staff......i'd say they all pretty much know a hell of alot more then we do about the "whole thing".....if they are'nt nervous i ai'nt gonna be either......i will wait and get luck in ouir dynasty league for around $5 and keep him for the remainder of his career and i will get the steal of our draft this year. i believe luck has been throwing for quite some time now and we will see it for real once camp breaks.

Careful, you could have made that exact same argument last season too. 

The team just isn't going to come out and say "Luck isn't playing".  They could have done that at any point last season, they clearly knew it wasn't happening but never came out and said it because they can sell more tickets when that hope is there.  It's just good PR to act like everything is all good regardless of how things are actually going.   Last season it was similar, you get him for dirt cheap and hope for the best, the problem is you lose a bench spot through the early season and can't afford to take flyers on emerging talent because of it.  Even if at the draft he costs you next to nothing, a bench spot that's filled with someone like that can be pretty damn costly.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kyle87 said:

Careful, you could have made that exact same argument last season too. 

The team just isn't going to come out and say "Luck isn't playing".  They could have done that at any point last season, they clearly knew it wasn't happening but never came out and said it because they can sell more tickets when that hope is there.  It's just good PR to act like everything is all good regardless of how things are actually going.   Last season it was similar, you get him for dirt cheap and hope for the best, the problem is you lose a bench spot through the early season and can't afford to take flyers on emerging talent because of it.  Even if at the draft he costs you next to nothing, a bench spot that's filled with someone like that can be pretty damn costly.

If you play in a league with an IR spot then gambling on him in the later rounds is OK.  But again if there is a good prospect I'd rather sit on a RB with potential.

Having said that, if he ends up throwing in preseason games then all this is moot and his ADP will climb.

50 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

If you play in a league with an IR spot then gambling on him in the later rounds is OK.  But again if there is a good prospect I'd rather sit on a RB with potential.

Having said that, if he ends up throwing in preseason games then all this is moot and his ADP will climb.

That's what i would probably do but he has to be on the official injury report for ESPN platform

On 02/06/2018 at 6:48 PM, psygolf said:

Guards come cheap in the draft, yet the drafted 2 within the top 36.

On 02/06/2018 at 8:15 PM, psygolf said:

Let me rephrase...you can get excellent OGs later in the draft, they have terrible depth at the skill positions.

The elite guards always go in the 1st round and the rest of the good ones never make it past the top 100 picks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

The elite guards always go in the 1st round and the rest of the good ones never make it past the top 100 picks. 

They still had a #52 & #64 to use on guards that would've made under your top 100 threshold for OG efficacy.

If they had invested in OL a long time ago maybe Luck wouldn’t even be in this predicament right now

• Like 1

17 hours ago, psygolf said:

They still had a #52 & #64 to use on guards that would've made under your top 100 threshold for OG efficacy.

Are you saying that they shouldnt havent picked Nelson at 6? A guard prospect like him doesnt him come around very often and they were quite fortunate that he was there at 6.

I think they could have used one of their 2nd rounders on a WR like Kirk or Sutton.

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

Are you saying that they shouldnt havent picked Nelson at 6? A guard prospect like him doesnt him come around very often and they were quite fortunate that he was there at 6.

I think they could have used one of their 2nd rounders on a WR like Kirk or Sutton.

Now we're on the same page.

On 6/6/2018 at 2:20 PM, lolcopter said:

If they had invested in OL a long time ago maybe Luck wouldn’t even be in this predicament right now

Agree. You'd think they'd do more to protect their investments.

Reich makes it appear as if Luck's recovery isn't physical anymore and instead it's mental.

Im trying to get rid of this guy in EVERY league I have him. I question his willingness to play, play hurt etc. He had a labrum repair. He has missed almost 2 years.. A Labrum is a 6-9 month at most injury. I have yet to read any article that it included the RC. No AC joint damage. I read nothing involving the supraspinatus.      Guy lacks heart. Tommy John surgery for a MLB player throwing 100+ mph is back in a year. 

47 minutes ago, DLB4ever said:

Im trying to get rid of this guy in EVERY league I have him. I question his willingness to play, play hurt etc. He had a labrum repair. He has missed almost 2 years.. A Labrum is a 6-9 month at most injury. I have yet to read any article that it included the RC. No AC joint damage. I read nothing involving the supraspinatus.      Guy lacks heart. Tommy John surgery for a MLB player throwing 100+ mph is back in a year. 

He played hurt the entire 2016 season. You know nothing about him.

16 hours ago, dashoe said:

Reich makes it appear as if Luck's recovery isn't physical anymore and instead it's mental.

This is Markell Fultz all over again. 

35 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

This is Markell Fultz all over again. 

No, IND actually has a competent GM now, unlike the Sixers after the Colangelo nepotism.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

He played hurt the entire 2016 season. You know nothing about him.

I dont care. He had surgery for a torn labrum. PERIOD... NOTHING ELSE.... He hasnt played in 2 years for a 6-9 month injury.. They are either hiding a more significant injury? Or he is a pussy and dont want to play. 

4 minutes ago, DLB4ever said:

I dont care. He had surgery for a torn labrum. PERIOD... NOTHING ELSE.... He hasnt played in 2 years for a 6-9 month injury.. They are either hiding a more significant injury? Or he is a pussy and dont want to play. 

I think the biggest sore point is that the organization has not been transparent with fans in terms of the injury and recovery. People are having a difficult time beleiving any information that comes from the organization and Luck. They lost credibility. It would have simply been easier to say that the timeline for his return is undetermined and they are taking the recovery day by day. When he is throwing a ball in camp is when we all will know so any news prior to that is useless.

Right now the only INDY QB that has any real value is Brissett because he is the guy on the field taking 1st team reps daily. 

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

No, IND actually has a competent GM now, unlike the Sixers after the Colangelo nepotism.

No, Indy F'd this up royally or are hiding something. They've hardly shown competence.

51 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

No, Indy F'd this up royally or are hiding something. They've hardly shown competence.

The rot starts at the top, and higher than the GM.

At the end of the day, the coach & GM are just employees.

I hope the best for Luck, but he was foolish to sign an extension with the Colts.

1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

The rot starts at the top, and higher than the GM.

At the end of the day, the coach & GM are just employees.

I hope the best for Luck, but he was foolish to sign an extension with the Colts.

Was Luck foolish or were the Colts foolish? 

34 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Was Luck foolish or were the Colts foolish? 

It was Luck being foolish.  The Colts made a half assed attempt to get him better protection.  The injury was inevitable...

The Colts were stupid for not getting the best protection possible for their franchise QB.

The only positive is that garbage was put in place by the old GM.  The new GM seems better but we’ll see if it was to little to late.

10 hours ago, seanismorris said:

It was Luck being foolish.  The Colts made a half assed attempt to get him better protection.  The injury was inevitable...

The Colts were stupid for not getting the best protection possible for their franchise QB.

The only positive is that garbage was put in place by the old GM.  The new GM seems better but we’ll see if it was to little to late.

But if your Luck at least your a** is covered financially. The Colts are on the hook, not him. 

7 hours ago, South Carolina said:

But if your Luck at least your a** is covered financially. The Colts are on the hook, not him. 

That may be true but Luck strikes me as the type of player who knew that he had a chance to be an all-time great and that was his goal.  The money, I am sure, is nice but it is going to embitter him for life if his career is cut short due to injury.  Best quarterback with the worst coach and worst GM that I can think of within memory.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

That may be true but Luck strikes me as the type of player who knew that he had a chance to be an all-time great and that was his goal.  The money, I am sure, is nice but it is going to embitter him for life if his career is cut short due to injury.  Best quarterback with the worst coach and worst GM that I can think of within memory.

Your 100% correct. I have a feeling that when he retires we'll all be saying "what if". Perhaps comparing him to Marino. 

• Thanks 1

6439.jpg

Andrew Luck (shoulder) resumed throwing in Tuesday's minicamp session.

Luck, who hasn't played in a game in 527 days, had not thrown a football since last October. Observed by many members of the media, Luck did not appear to be throwing particularly difficult or high-velocity passes, but it's a crucial step in the right direction ahead of next month's start of training camp. It's important to remember that is all this is, a step. Luck still has a long ways to go before being declared ready for Week 1.
Source: Colts on Twitter
Jun 12 - 1:34 PM
  • Like 1

R-E-L-A-X

And he's throwing.  As for DLB4ever yes it has been frustrating for sure but they/Luck screwed up when he was first injured. Easy for you to say its "only" a labrum tear.  He had a setback and now he's taking it slow... when he should have been doing that in the first place.

He tried to get back on the field too early and it burned him and the colts organization.  They are doing it right this time around.  Having said all that we are still in a wait and see mode... will he be playing in preseason and what is his "real" outlook for Game 1?

I'm still buying low right now.