Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flyman75

Blake Snell 2018 Outlook

Ok so check it out check it out. He was at 47 pitches through 5 innings. Cash said Snell was going 75. Say Snell goes two more perfect innings and is at his pitch limit. Then Cash has to pull him and everyone whines cause he’s ruining possible history. So maybe Cash wanted to just end any possible controversy and yank him early. Possible? Yea, that’s probably not it.

5 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Sucks but let's atleast come out with the W in this. 

Yup.

Plus i've seen enough really good outings through 5 IP only to watch them crash and burn in the 6th/7th inning ... who knows our ratios might have been saved as well. 

6 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Yup.

Plus i've seen enough really good outings through 5 IP only to watch them crash and burn in the 6th/7th inning ... who knows our ratios might have been saved as well. 

Saves from what? A WHIP?

14 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Ok so check it out check it out. He was at 47 pitches through 5 innings. Cash said Snell was going 75. Say Snell goes two more perfect innings and is at his pitch limit. Then Cash has to pull him and everyone whines cause he’s ruining possible history. So maybe Cash wanted to just end any possible controversy and yank him early. Possible? Yea, that’s probably not it.

That actually sounds very plausible.  Imagine the pressure from pulling a guy needing 6 more outs for a perfect game on 70 pitches? Remember johan santanas 143 pitch no hitter? Not worth it.

Next start is supposed to be at Yankee Stadium. I'm thinking he's a must start at this point, regardless of the matchup.

Since he's come off the DL his starts haven't announced at the beginning of the week like all other starters. If he pitches on normal rest it would be Wednesday at NYY. Has anyone seen if that's what the Rays are doing or if they're going to get him extra rest? This whole not knowing when Snell is going to pitch is not cool. 

2 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Since he's come off the DL his starts haven't announced at the beginning of the week like all other starters. If he pitches on normal rest it would be Wednesday at NYY. Has anyone seen if that's what the Rays are doing or if they're going to get him extra rest? This whole not knowing when Snell is going to pitch is not cool. 

Everyone else is as confused as you are, unfortunately.

Everything about the rays isnt cool.  They dont have a closer...snell pitches 47 pitches of perfect,....Glasnow is still an unknown.  Yup...no one knows anything.

Nervous starting him today?   Guys been a stud  no doubt,  Just a little nervous over here

Im starting. But im pretty far back in innings and dont have the luxury. His blowups have beem extremely rare. Without judge and sanchez,the yanks lineup is a lot less scary.

44 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Unfortunately he’s set to be on a pitch count again ... in his third start back from the DL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/rays-blake-snell-to-be-on-pitch-count-versus-yankees/amp/

Are they going to keep this guy on a pitch count the rest of the year? Wouldn’t surprise me. That Rays don’t give two flying *****.

1 hour ago, svtballa said:

Nervous starting him today?   Guys been a stud  no doubt,  Just a little nervous over here

Yankees, even minus a couple good ones, always make me nervous, but in fantasy circles, unless numbers state otherwise, start your studs. I am rolling him today with confidence. 

9 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Yankees, even minus a couple good ones, always make me nervous, but in fantasy circles, unless numbers state otherwise, start your studs. I am rolling him today with confidence. 

giphy.gif

So we gonna get a no-hitter through 5 innings... and then he gets he hook?

8 minutes ago, ragrag said:

So we gonna get a no-hitter through 5 innings... and then he gets he hook?

Somehow,that would be a worse result than his last start.

76 pitches? Shut out through 5? Time for the ole bullpen blows the win after the anemic lineup goes 3up 3 down.

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

76 pitches? Shut out through 5? Time for the ole bullpen blows the win after the anemic lineup goes 3up 3 down.

29 pitches more than last game.  

I'm a diehard Yankees fan but their offense has sucked lately.  I had Snell starting for my teams without giving it a second thought.  They play guys like Bird, Romine, and Robinson regularly now.

5 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Another 5 inning / ~75 pitch day while dominating

When someone is feeling it like this you gotta let it ride 

Have you met the Rays?  They are going to be the most cautious with a pitcher like this especially when winning today means nothing for them.  

14 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

I'm a diehard Yankees fan but their offense has sucked lately.  I had Snell starting for my teams without giving it a second thought.  They play guys like Bird, Romine, and Robinson regularly now.

Don’t forget Didi’s obligatory four weak pop-ups to just right of CF per game.