Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flyman75

Blake Snell 2018 Outlook

How on Earth does he manage to eek out a QS with 7 walks?  Nuts.

After his not so great starts with NYY, I could see why he might nibble or have command issues trying not to cough up HRs, especially in those parks NY/HOU. He hadn't had good numbers vs HOU either, so could be weighing on his mind being a young SP. I'll take the 7 walks over 7 ERs heh. Hopefully he'll get the walks down next outting.

He was originally scheduled to pitch today (according to Yahoo), looks like he’s been pushed back to tomorrow.

23 hours ago, soccerphysio said:

He was originally scheduled to pitch today (according to Yahoo), looks like he’s been pushed back to tomorrow.

Yep and he's only scheduled for one start this week with the day off on Wednesday

6 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Yep and he's only scheduled for one start this week with the day off on Wednesday

So instead of pitching on Saturday, why wouldn't he pitch Sunday (which would still give him 2 starts this week)?

5 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

So instead of pitching on Saturday, why wouldn't he pitch Sunday (which would still give him 2 starts this week)?

I was just going based off of projected starts on yahoo which only shows him pitching tonight. I would have expected him to go Sunday as well. Maybe Yahoo is wrong. I hope so. 

I thought it was the other way around that he was originally supposed to pitch tomorrow but is now showng as tonight's starter.  Either way hes getting put in my weekly lineup. Hoping he goes twice.

2 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I was just going based off of projected starts on yahoo which only shows him pitching tonight. I would have expected him to go Sunday as well. Maybe Yahoo is wrong. I hope so. 

CBS has him going twice.

10 K's through 5 innings so far. What a stud. 

This kid can pitch. Maybe my best draft pick. Picked him at #136 overall, making up for the #60 Domingo Santana earlier.

Walks are still up but he's so good at hit suppression that as long as he keeps them somewhat in check it really shouldn't hurt him too much. He had 20 swings and misses through 5 innings and 73 pitches total today. That's just absurd. 

26 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Walks are still up but he's so good at hit suppression that as long as he keeps them somewhat in check it really shouldn't hurt him too much. He had 20 swings and misses through 5 innings and 73 pitches total today. That's just absurd. 

He's electric

electric-shock.jpg

Always loved his 4 pitch repertoire and why I drafted him and believed he could be doing all this. His high 90s Fastball, wipeout Slider, electric changeup, and knockout curveball are all positive value pitches and makes him sooo good. And when 1-2 pitches aren't working, he has 2-3 others to go to and get outs. Thats part of what makes him so consistent.

He is the 7th ranked SP this season, behind only:

Verlander

Cole

Scherzer

Kluber

Sale

Severino

Just amazing

The lone walk was awesome, especially how many he'd give up last couple starts, was hoping it wasn't the start of a bad trend. Especially since it was against HOU nonetheless. Next time out he's got NYM, hopefully he'll be able to breathe and clear his head a bit, as he's had a lot of very tough opponents last month or so. 

4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

nothing but love for MY All-Star SNELLZILLA

He’s everyone’s all star. What a joke the event is. 

So much for that ASG snub motivation... he's been terrible tonight. Can't throw a strike again. 

Every metric suggets he will becoming back to earth.  While he’s been fantastic, the 88% strand rate isn’t sustainable. 

The correction appears to have started tonight unfortunately. 

Anyone have the Ray slate of SP post AS break? I am seeing Snell is not slated until the 24th but the Rays have a "TBA" on Saturday.