Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flyman75

Blake Snell 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Anyone have the Ray slate of SP post AS break? I am seeing Snell is not slated until the 24th but the Rays have a "TBA" on Saturday.

Their TBA is usually Stanek with Yarbrough and Co. piggybacking.

any update on when he will start next???

On 7/22/2018 at 7:34 AM, WTP333 said:

any update on when he will start next???

It's gonna be a while.  Headed to the DL with left shoulder fatigue.

And I just traded for him Saturday.  Hopefully he will be good for the stretch run.  

Rays placed LHP Blake Snell on the 10-day disabled list, retroactive to July 20, with left shoulder fatigue.

The good news is that no structural damage was found in an MRI exam and he's hoping to miss just one start. Snell holds a 2.27 ERA (third-best in the AL) and 134/47 K/BB ratio in 119 innings over 20 starts this season. He was in line to start Tuesday against the Yankees, but the Rays have yet to name a replacement.
Jul 23 - 3:33 PM

Not pitching till next weekend at the earliest as per Rotoworld. Might not be worth the gamble in weekly leagues

Manager Kevin Cash told reporters yesterday after Snell through a successful bullpen session that he would not be able to return until next weekend at the earliest. My question is what does he mean by "next weekend"? This upcoming weekend of the 3-5th or next weekend of the 10th-12th? Obviously I would love to have him back this weekend but really I just want the guy to come back healthy and ready to do what he did for all of us thus far this season. I just need to know in order to prepare for this weekends h2h mathup.

EDIT: Word is we should learn more soon after hearing about how he feels today after yesterdays bullpen but I just wasn't sure if anyone saw anything I didn't. 

7180.jpg

Blake Snell (shoulder) is tentatively scheduled to return to the Rays' rotation Saturday against the White Sox.

Snell made it through another bullpen session Wednesday without issue. The 25-year-old left-hander, who's been on the disabled list since July 20 due to shoulder fatigue, boasts a 12-5 record, 2.27 ERA, 1.067 WHIP, and 134/47 K/BB ratio in 119 innings (20 starts) this season with Tampa Bay.
Aug 2 - 11:21 AM

Saturday against the easy-to-K White Sox. I figure 10 Ks for Snelly. 

So they had him on a pitch count over the weekend and said they would work him back to full workload. Any word on when his next start is going to be? Yahoo doesn't have him listed as starting this week. 

1 hour ago, BostonCajun said:

So they had him on a pitch count over the weekend and said they would work him back to full workload. Any word on when his next start is going to be? Yahoo doesn't have him listed as starting this week. 

No idea. Was wondering the same thing.

I did put him in for my weekly league.  Fully expect him to make his next start against Toronto Thursday or Friday.

2 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

they took him out after 5 perfect innings ... was that just pitch count or is he out for some other reason?

We're all waiting to find out, really hoping there's no bad news. His Yahoo note mentioned TB looking for him to pitch closer to 75 pitches, so something doesn't feel right :/ .

3 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

they took him out after 5 perfect innings ... was that just pitch count or is he out for some other reason?

The Rays broadcast said that Kevin Cash was planning on ramping his pitch count back up via innings.  He pitched 4 innings last outing and 5 this outing, they were trying to limit his “ups and downs” they said rather than stick to a hard pitch count.

Take it for what’s its worth I guess.  He was absolutely cruising.

2 minutes ago, twelve20 said:

The Rays broadcast said that Kevin Cash was planning on ramping his pitch count back up via innings.  He pitched 4 innings last outing and 5 this outing, they were trying to limit his “ups and downs” they said rather than stick to a hard pitch count.

That’s ******** wack. When I saw he was at 47 pitches through 5 innings and read his pitch count was going to be 75, I figured he would go at least 9.

6 minutes ago, twelve20 said:

Snell probably isn't a happy camper heh. With TB out of the race though, whatever they think is best for their prized horse I guess. Still really pathetic, they didn't even have him toss more pitches than his last start out. Given how good he was pitching they could have let him go at least another inning or around the same pitch count as his last start. I'll just be thankful he's not hurt and can look forward to rolling him out ROS.