Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotham_Soldier

Mike Zunino 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

 

Hey Sun when did you become a moderator?? Congrats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 5:10 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Mariners medical staff tending to it.  Brace yourselves.....if you believe in the lord now is time to pray.  You couldn’t possibly have a worse group looking into this injury.

 

Every time I am halfway tempted to tell you that you shouldn't be so negative about this team, I'm reminded it's the Mariners. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 5:10 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Mariners medical staff tending to it.  Brace yourselves.....if you believe in the lord now is time to pray.  You couldn’t possibly have a worse group looking into this injury.

 

"Hold my beer." - Whichever Devry Med School undergrad the Mets are employing as head trainer this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 5:52 PM, Picard56 said:

What are you guys planning to do with him? Seems like he probably has an oblique injury(but we don't know for sure yet). That could potentially keep him out for a while.

 

If you have a DL spot, he's worth it. Even with a bad start/being sent down last year, he provided a ton of power from a C spot that can be a fantasy dead spot outside the elite options. Unfortunately, oblique injuries can linger - my hope is the team errs on the die of caution with his return, last thing they need is a revolving door DL situation with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to pick up Chris Ianetta ..

 

scared horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Had to pick up Chris Ianetta ..

 

scared horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

 

 

He is hitting a cool .714!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, King Felix said:

 

If you have a DL spot, he's worth it. Even with a bad start/being sent down last year, he provided a ton of power from a C spot that can be a fantasy dead spot outside the elite options. Unfortunately, oblique injuries can linger - my hope is the team errs on the die of caution with his return, last thing they need is a revolving door DL situation with him.

 

I ended up dropping him because there is no DL spot in my league.

 

This really stinks that he has an oblique injury, this could linger for a couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any other player besides Miggy come back from a grade 1 oblique injury within a week? there is talk of him coming back right after the 10 day DL is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any new word or projections on him?  Saw he might be back in the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah he just started baseball activities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2018 at 2:01 PM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Same. 

I'm with you. He's been a solid fill in for Zunino. I dont want to drop but dont want to carry two catchers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

We are a week later.  Anything new?

Hearing he should be activated Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golden Sombrero. Welcome back Zunino, giving us owners what we want a little bit of feast and famine :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Golden Sombrero. Welcome back Zunino, giving us owners what we want a little bit of feast and famine :lol:

Plenty more where that comes from.  Let’s just hope he runs into 25-30 bombs along the way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pissed I held this bum for three weeks and missed out on snagging any of the lukewarm bodies on the WW knowing he’d be back. 

 

Catcher is such a dumpster fire the last two years I’m better off just punting the position. I had Russell Martin fill in and get me 0 hits and now zunino is keeping the streak alive. Ugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KrunK said:

I’m pissed I held this bum for three weeks and missed out on snagging any of the lukewarm bodies on the WW knowing he’d be back. 

 

Catcher is such a dumpster fire the last two years I’m better off just punting the position. I had Russell Martin fill in and get me 0 hits and now zunino is keeping the streak alive. Ugh. 

 

You held him for 3 weeks and you're out after two games? For a guy that normally hits .200 or so? There are plenty of valid reasons to not want Zunino. He may or may not be fantasy relevant (though any scoring system that doesn't specifically count batting average helps significantly). But if you stuck with him this long I see no reason to change course now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KrunK said:

I’m pissed I held this bum for three weeks and missed out on snagging any of the lukewarm bodies on the WW knowing he’d be back. 

 

Catcher is such a dumpster fire the last two years I’m better off just punting the position. I had Russell Martin fill in and get me 0 hits and now zunino is keeping the streak alive. Ugh. 

 

He's started 2 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KrunK said:

I’m pissed I held this bum for three weeks and missed out on snagging any of the lukewarm bodies on the WW knowing he’d be back. 

 

Catcher is such a dumpster fire the last two years I’m better off just punting the position. I had Russell Martin fill in and get me 0 hits and now zunino is keeping the streak alive. Ugh. 

Patience.  He isn’t a good average hitter.  The injury likely threw off his timing.  He’ll run into some jacks here soon.  Mariners are facing a plethora of atrocious pitchers in the Chicago series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.