Bastardo!

Keenan Allen 2018 Outlook

36 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Maybe a flex/bye week guy.  He’s not in the top 20 in any statistical category.  People living off his past production or name are kidding themselves.  

Im sorry I'm not calling names but this comment is something a troll who isn't knowledgeable about football would say. 

Keenan Allen just a flex guy? That's the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. 

You sound like like a bandwagon kinda person 

39 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Maybe a flex/bye week guy.  He’s not in the top 20 in any statistical category.  People living off his past production or name are kidding themselves.  

Maybe you should try researching a little harder before you start spreading false information. 

Stats going into week 6:

#13 in targets (45 total, 9 PG)

#10 in target share (26.2%)

#12 in hog rate (17.4%, how much he is targeted in relation to all offensive plays)

#12 in receptions (32)

#20 in air yards (233)

#18 in RZ receptions (3)

#13 in yards per pass route (2.72)

In week 6 Allen's numbers followed suite with the numbers above with his 10 total targets (6 passing, 4 rushing).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Maybe you should try researching a little harder before you start spreading false information. 

Stats going into week 6:

#12 in hog rate (17.4%, how much he is targeted in relation to all offensive plays)

#12 in receptions (32)

#20 in air yards (233)

#18 in RZ receptions (3)

In week 6 Allen's numbers followed suite with the numbers above with his 10 total targets (6 passing, 4 rushing).

Exactly.  I mean Rivers only had to throw 20 passes and he got 6 of those targets.  Last time I checked a 33% target share was pretty damn good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To put it another way, the Chargers had 54 offensive plays which resulted in either a pass or rush (I'm not going to use Geno Smith's stats).

In those 54 plays, Allen was utilized on 10 of them which accounts for a 19% hog rate which is actually slightly above his season average and would be in the top 10 of all WRs.

So despite Allen only getting 6 passing targets he was still a huge focal point in the offense.

38 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Stats going into week 6:

#12 in receptions (32)

#20 in air yards (233)

#18 in RZ receptions (3)

With those stats you'd expect better results than he's produced especially with his talent. I guess its just a matter of time before things start clicking. 

1 hour ago, munde53 said:

Stats going into week 6:

#12 in receptions (32)

#20 in air yards (233)

#18 in RZ receptions (3)

Relax guy, the entire world is aware that Keenan Allen has no isuues with targets.  But it’s week 6, he only had 4 catches so it’s likely that he’s out of the top 20 in catches, yards, and td’s.  That’s a flex player.  Try watching a game instead of staring at a stat sheet.  His targets and opportunities are inflated by rivers dinking and dunking short passes to him.   

14 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

Relax guy, the entire world is aware that Keenan Allen has no isuues with targets.  But it’s week 6, he only had 4 catches so it’s likely that he’s out of the top 20 in catches, yards, and td’s.  That’s a flex player.  Try watching a game instead of staring at a stat sheet.  His targets and opportunities are inflated by rivers dinking and dunking short passes to him.   

So you're entire basis for ranks is how they performed in previous weeks? Also he ran the ball 4 times for over 40 yards so the yardage and catch point is very moot.

Then by that argument you must consider Cooper Kupp a WR1, DeSean Jackson a WR1, Albert Wilson a high end WR2, and Odell Beckham a middle of the road WR2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, munde53 said:

So you're entire basis for ranks is how they performed in previous weeks? Also he ran the ball 4 times for over 40 yards so the yardage and catch point is very moot.

Then by that argument you must consider Cooper Kupp a WR1, DeSean Jackson a WR1, Albert Wilson a high end WR2, and Odell Beckham a middle of the road WR2.

People seem to forget it was the same last year. His 2017 splits show him going on a tear in the second half of the season.

i get what you guys are saying but there is a saying in the financial services world that goes >>> Past performance is no guarantee of future results

Look im glad i have edelman (had him for 2 weeks and already got a TD) and ridley (prob not for 2 weeks) because they seem to have the ability to actually have a game winning performance....allen is ok...he somehow got 10 points this week which i will take because its consistent. Overall I am still not happy with the way this team spreads the ball around to random receivers and how gordon is essentially the focal point of the offense...its pathetic how much this guy gets the ball and somehow teams cant stop it. I am lucky i will be 4 and 2 this week but thats because my opponents either have sucky teams or a bye....I cant compete with other teams in my league that are killing it points wise....i would love to trade him because i have absolutely no confidence that he can win me a game at this point...

So for all you guys going back on last year all i can say is that means nothing to me at this point...its helpful and reassuring that there is a chance he can be that big play guy i drafted in the 2nd round..but as of right now he is not that....winning is what we need to be doing right now and this guy may help by putting up a decent floor but its not going to be the reason you beat someone...(i.e. keenan allen had 150 yards and 2 TDs)

33 minutes ago, Power-O said:

i get what you guys are saying but there is a saying in the financial services world that goes >>> Past performance is no guarantee of future results

Look im glad i have edelman (had him for 2 weeks and already got a TD) and ridley (prob not for 2 weeks) because they seem to have the ability to actually have a game winning performance....allen is ok...he somehow got 10 points this week which i will take because its consistent. Overall I am still not happy with the way this team spreads the ball around to random receivers and how gordon is essentially the focal point of the offense...its pathetic how much this guy gets the ball and somehow teams cant stop it. I am lucky i will be 4 and 2 this week but thats because my opponents either have sucky teams or a bye....I cant compete with other teams in my league that are killing it points wise....i would love to trade him because i have absolutely no confidence that he can win me a game at this point...

So for all you guys going back on last year all i can say is that means nothing to me at this point...its helpful and reassuring that there is a chance he can be that big play guy i drafted in the 2nd round..but as of right now he is not that....winning is what we need to be doing right now and this guy may help by putting up a decent floor but its not going to be the reason you beat someone...(i.e. keenan allen had 150 yards and 2 TDs)

Allen is probably the most consistent player on that roster of yours. Stop lashing out. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Allen is probably the most consistent player on that roster of yours. Stop lashing out. 

The dude is like WR25 in .5 ppr, most consistent player? Maybe consistently below average. I'm not freaking out because there's still plenty of time for him to heat up but to act like he has been helping teams is just false.

• Like 1

ought to improve his redzone, in addition to overall stats.  also will add he's kinda been a bust relative to his draft position so could use the boost where he can get it, sure wouldn't mind him winning me a week .... 

25 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

What are we thinking if no Gordon tomorrow? Gotta improve his red zone chances right? 

Yep. I think this is a nice boost to Allen and the Williams stack. 

If old man Gates steals a TD I’m going to have visions of punching harmless cats. 

6 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Yep. I think this is a nice boost to Allen and the Williams stack. 

If old man Gates steals a TD I’m going to have visions of punching harmless cats. 

You should know by now that cat are never harmless...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

We holding or selling? Think his value is at an all time low 

Definite hold or buy for non owners.

Edited by jsch08
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Definite hold or buy for non owners.

Thinking about maybe trading Keenan and Coleman for an upgrade at wr. Maybe someone like tyreek or davante 

• Haha 2

Keenan is a low end wr2 at this point.  Even Melvin being out couldn’t vault his production.  He’s not losing anyone games but he’s not helping anyone win either.  I don’t see that changing unless their WR corps gets decimated with injury like last year.  I already sold but I’d sell if you can get a piece you like.

He's a WR3 ROS. It sucks but it's the truth. Decling target count last 4 weeks and he's the 4th RZ option at best behind gordon and both williams. Unless he throws a diva fit and gets peppered with targets the next game the 2nd half breakout is not coming :(

19 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

We holding or selling? Think his value is at an all time low 

I wouldn't sell unless you can find someone willing to pay close to a low end WR1 value.

Just now, munde53 said:

I wouldn't sell unless you can find someone willing to pay close to a low end WR1 value.

This.

And this won't possible given how Rivers is peppering ever eligible receiving threat that has a pulse.