Letitbe793

Carter Kieboom-SS-WSH

Another KieBOOM update. He’s hit safely in 9 of his last 10 games with 4 homers during that time. 

His overall line is:

.296 avg/ .386 OBP, 46 Runs, 10 homers, 43 RBI, 6 SB. 48 Ks , 34 walks

hes putting together a solid season so far and it’s impressive considering he had a horrible first month. 

Edited by Under500Forever
  • Like 2

Has he not played the last couple of games? What’s going on here?

Just a hunch but now that all-star stuff is over, he seems ripe for a promo to AA for the 2nd half of the season.

It will be a big test and possibly put him into position to be on the big league radar for next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Just a hunch but now that all-star stuff is over, he seems ripe for a promo to AA for the 2nd half of the season.

It will be a big test and possibly put him into position to be on the big league radar for next year.

LOL^ That was QUICK!

Carter Kieboom headed to AA!

• Like 6

Picked him up expecting massive jumps in rankings between now and the end of the year.  Am I crazy to think he’s a top 15, possibly top 10, prospect next season?  

Also anyone know how his defense gradea out?

10 hours ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Picked him up expecting massive jumps in rankings between now and the end of the year.  Am I crazy to think he’s a top 15, possibly top 10, prospect next season?  

Also anyone know how his defense gradea out?

I’m wondering that myself. If he plays well the rest of the year I could see him being a top 20ish prospect. I wonder what some of the big prospect guys think.

im not sure how his defense is but I’ve read he will probably end up at 2nd or 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Under500Forever said:

I’m wondering that myself. If he plays well the rest of the year I could see him being a top 20ish prospect. I wonder what some of the big prospect guys think.

im not sure how his defense is but I’ve read he will probably end up at 2nd or 3rd. 

I think you’re right, especially because of Turner. It’s probably time to think of moving Murphy to 1st, assuming Zimm won’t stay healthy, and put Kieboom at 2nd some point next year. 

If Harper does leave, they could also work Kieboom into RF with Soto in left. I don’t find any of their outfield options past Eaton any good, but maybe they like Goodwin and Taylor. Idk

8 hours ago, mcbane said:

If Harper does leave, they could also work Kieboom into RF with Soto in left. I don’t find any of their outfield options past Eaton any good, but maybe they like Goodwin and Taylor. Idk

Victor Robles is an outfield option as well.  I think Murphy at 2B is the spot the Nats should think about upgrading on defense down the road.

12 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Victor Robles is an outfield option as well.  I think Murphy at 2B is the spot the Nats should think about upgrading on defense down the road.

Oh, dammit, you’re right. I always forget about Robles. It’s possible they move Eaton eventually and go with Robles, so that might still work, but yeah, probably only 2B at this point. 

A couple of paragraphs from an article I read

In addition, scouts have perhaps been equally as impressed with Kieboom’s progress both defensively and in the weight room. Last season, the majority felt like Kieboom would need to switch from shortstop to either second base or third base. This opinion has quieted and now evaluators are thinking he might remain at shortstop long-term. Furthermore, Kieboom has put in the work off the field, firming up his physique, getting more muscular and improving his lateral quickness.

The Nationals have been aggressive promoting hitting prospects in recent years, often using Double-A as the final stop on their journey to the majors. This was the development path used for Anthony Rendon and, more recently, Victor Robles and Soto. Kieboom now finds himself in a similar situation, as his bat will dictate how quickly he reaches the major leagues. Kieboom has transformed himself from a late first-round pick to one of the top infield prospects in baseball in only two years, an impressive achievement.

I thought it was a misprint seeing him in today's boxscore :o

EDIT: Oh this is Spencer Kieboom at C:lol:

Edited by STLSU

2 hours ago, STLSU said:

I thought it was a misprint seeing him in today's boxscore :o

EDIT: Oh this is Spencer Kieboom at C:lol:

I fell for that atleast twice. I see his name in the box score and then I run to roto world to see his 2018 outlook thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two more hits last night. He's now 21-for-55 since being promoted to Double-A and has at least one hit in 13 of 14 games.

• Like 2

you think he gets traded by the nats?

they sort of have a SS/3b already....or does he convert to 2b?

11 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

you think he gets traded by the nats?

they sort of have a SS/3b already....or does he convert to 2b?

Murphy will be a FA next season and Rendon in 2020 so he can play 2B or 3B should one of them leave.

And he had another 2-hit night yesterday…..

• Like 1

Likelihood of a September cup of joe?

4 hours ago, STLSU said:

Likelihood of a September cup of joe?

Getting better the worse they play...

• Like 3