Letitbe793

Carter Kieboom-SS-WSH

There are definitely reasons not to bring Kieboom up. He's not the greatest defensive SS and that probably won't be his eventual MLB position. He struggled at AA last year and could maybe use some more time in the minors. And the timing isn't real great as far as service time considerations.

But on the other hand, Kieboom crushed the ball in MLB spring training and obviously has far more offensive upside than Difo or anyone else they've got. And the Nats have shown a willingness to be very aggressive with top prospects - see Soto last year, and Luis Garcia starting in AA at 18 this year.

It's an interesting decision either way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpartyOn4 said:

There are definitely reasons not to bring Kieboom up. He's not the greatest defensive SS and that probably won't be his eventual MLB position. He struggled at AA last year and could maybe use some more time in the minors. And the timing isn't real great as far as service time considerations.

But on the other hand, Kieboom crushed the ball in MLB spring training and obviously has far more offensive upside than Difo or anyone else they've got. And the Nats have shown a willingness to be very aggressive with top prospects - see Soto last year, and Luis Garcia starting in AA at 18 this year.

Well put. Nats are never afraid to push a premium talent either, and he certainly qualifies. Icing is that ST performance too.

Apologies for double post, most pertinent information I could find on the Nats sub 

"Carter just got assigned to Fresno today... I think they're probably going to have to get someone from Harrisburg for the day game tomorrow"

There really isn't enough time for him to get to the east coast.  He would have had to catch the red eye flight back to arrive in DC by morning.  

The prudent move is to leave him at AAA anyway, since he just got promoted to that level.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/bryce-harper-powers-phillies-past-nationals-return

10 hours ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Imo nats should bring him up. Not a great SS but can play there and better bat than difo. As for the service time they still can send him down for two weeks later in the season. Sure he could force the nats to not do that by raking like Soto but that is not super likely and even if it is this is not the end of the world, but more likely at some point he will have a slump that warrants a send down.

The nats just can't afford to give up any more ground with the phillies being improved after adding Harper, realmuto and segura and the Mets being better again too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

OMG, Adrian Sanchez is getting called up, this is amazing!!!  Said no one ever.  I get not promoting him, if that's how they truly feel, but a bit disappointed to read this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigPapi44 said:

OMG, Adrian Sanchez is getting called up, this is amazing!!!  Said no one ever.  I get not promoting him, if that's how they truly feel, but a bit disappointed to read this.

Idk, I am betting Mrs. Maria Montalvo Sanchez --his mom-- is pretty stoked about the promo?

Kieboom could prob handle it, but it's not an awful idea to have him get off to hopefully a fast start in AAA and re-evaluate in 15 days or so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Idk, I am betting Mrs. Maria Montalvo Sanchez --his mom-- is pretty stoked about the promo?

Kieboom could prob handle it, but it's not an awful idea to have him get off to hopefully a fast start in AAA and re-evaluate in 15 days or so.

I actually laughed out loud on this one @ST. STEVEN.  For sure, I understand on Kieboom was just excited about a potential call-up.  I'm not sure 15 days is going to change the GMs mind unless it's all about service time.  If he doesn't believe he's ready yet, I'm not sure a couple weeks is going to change his mind.  More than likely if he rakes he gets a shot later this year, imo.

Hoping for Super 2 but then again Turner will be back by then.

4-5 with a double, triple and SB yesterday. Hope he keeps on hitting and forces their hand.

So regardless of what happens this year SS is blocked long term with Turner.  What's his long term position? 2nd?

4 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

So regardless of what happens this year SS is blocked long term with Turner.  What's his long term position? 2nd?

He's playing some 2B, bat would play there or 3B (Rendon is a FA, and probably the top bat on the market)

• Thanks 1

Hit his first AAA homer tonight, although it may not show up in the stats because the game was suspended due to rain.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 3:31 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

It’s been 15 days. I’m ready to re-evaluate.

Kieboom slashing 422/536/711. Even if you adjust for PCL parks, AAA equivalents and an unsustainable BABIP, you’ll still come up with numbers well beyond Wilmer Difo’s wildest dreams.

Difo has a .569 OPS right now, which is actually 100 points higher than Brian Dozier. So even after Turner comes back there could be a spot at 2B for Kieboom.

I’m not usually one to argue for quick promotions, but I think it’s time here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpartyOn4 said:

It’s been 15 days. I’m ready to re-evaluate.

Kieboom slashing 422/536/711. Even if you adjust for PCL parks, AAA equivalents and an unsustainable BABIP, you’ll still come up with numbers well beyond Wilmer Difo’s wildest dreams.

Difo has a .569 OPS right now, which is actually 100 points higher than Brian Dozier. So even after Turner comes back there could be a spot at 2B for Kieboom.

I’m not usually one to argue for quick promotions, but I think it’s time here.

Howie Kendrick's been playing 2B over Dozier, and he's scorching right now. You'll need a Kendrick injury to make room for Kieboom. Granted, Kendrick is always injured.

when it comes to the tight NL east race im expectingl, could def see them moving dozier into reserve role and letting kieboom get 2B and just ditch howie at some point if dozier is still hitting barely above the mendoza line

wouldnt stash yet in 12 teams or less keepers but 14+ team keepers, i wouldnt be against it

On 4/9/2019 at 9:30 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

He's playing some 2B, bat would play there or 3B (Rendon is a FA, and probably the top bat on the market)

Just for fun, Rendon came up as a 2B, he easily could move back over for Kieboom at 3B.  I still think Kieboom plays 2B, however.  That is, unless the Nats don't pick up the options on Eaton and move Robles to RF with Turner back in CF.  There are options.

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2019 at 1:06 PM, daynlokki said:

Just for fun, Rendon came up as a 2B, he easily could move back over for Kieboom at 3B.  I still think Kieboom plays 2B, however.  That is, unless the Nats don't pick up the options on Eaton and move Robles to RF with Turner back in CF.  There are options.

I’m not so sure asking your MVP of the past 2 years (while trying to sign him) to move positions to make room for a prospect is a likely scenario. Defiantly not “easy”.

7 hours ago, blinkfan77 said:

I’m not so sure asking your MVP of the past 2 years (while trying to sign him) to move positions to make room for a prospect is a likely scenario. Defiantly not “easy”.

Doubt it'd be the first time it's happened. Who knows if he even resigns.  I mean, they don't want to go over the luxury tax and Rendon wants a 300m contract.

Hes refusing to slow down.  Hopefully he forces the issue.  The Nats are getting next to nothing out of their MI spots with Difo and Dozier.  The NL East should be competitive all year, so I see no reason why they shouldn't call him up.

• Like 2