Letitbe793

Carter Kieboom-SS-WSH

On 1/19/2020 at 12:19 PM, crotchcrickets said:

damn...was hoping to slot him into my 2B vacancy

All hope is not lost.  Injuries, the need to rest guys, etc., may end up leading to him getting time there in any event.  Let's first let him crack the lineup and start producing before worrying too much about everything else.

• Like 1

Preseason wouldn't be complete without some muscle gain talk:

Kieboom enters spring training with a real opportunity to win the everyday third base job vacated by Anthony Rendon's departure, Nationals manager Davey Martinez told reporters Friday.

“He deserves a shot to make the team,” Martinez said. “We need to fill a void at third base, and we think he's appropriate. He can do the job. I wasn't at Winterfest, but the guys there said he put on about 15-20 pounds of muscle, so I'm looking forward to watching him play there.

"What I want to do, and I'm going to talk to him in the next few days, is just let him play third base and not move him all over the place and let him get used to playing third base and get him over there and see what we got.”